NBA Saturday picks

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Had the Raptors fade in mind while I was taking them last night, and with BAR and SportsNut on the same play, I like it even more.

Pistons -7 (1.93 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

Took the play last night at -6,5 but I guess this is good enough. The Pistons are blazing right now, playing quite convincing basketball right now, even C-Webb is feeling the chemistry, the Pistons aren't just about D any more, they have perimeter scorers, guys who can dictate the tempo and win close games, they have it all right now and frankly, I don't see them stopping tonight. This is a good letdown spot for the Raptors, after winning a nail biter last night they are in a b2b home-road switch and with all due respect to the Raptors' European and rather versatile (when it comes to offense only) look, I don't think they can handle the Pistons.

Wallace and Webber should cope with Bosh well, who is the only true paint presence for the Raps, whilst the Stons rely on Antonio McDyess and Nazr Mohammed as well as the forementioned W-W duo. Tayshaun should torture Garbajosa, while Rip and Billups have more to offer than Calderon and TJ Ford. Expecting at least a +10 boarding advantage and a DD win.

6 units.

adding more picks shortly.
:cheers:

No other plays for me tonight. I was thinking about the Kings since Rashard's comeback created value opportunity with the Kings getting 4,5 points. However, they're a different team on the road, and I'm not tempted to play anything here. Also the total margin should be right there, both teams just exceeding the century mark.

Knicks are getting a bit too many points here, but this Utah team has surprised us all this season, beating both the Spurs and the Suns without Boozer in the line-up. Mehmet Okur supposedly has flu-like symptoms but is expected to play tonight. Utah have too many guys to depend on even when they're shorthanded and the Knicks are a mystery when it comes to scoring consistency, especially on the road and against Sloan's boys' stingy D.

Thought Houston but a b2b game after an abysmal shooting night and a rough loss in Dallas, perhaps they'll be a bit drained, even though I'm more keen to expect their bounce back here. But a double digit spread? No way I'm touching that one.

Similar goes to New Orleans-Memphis. The Hornets should win it, but an 8 point spread doesn't attract me at all.

Milwaukee-Denver: Initially leaned towards the over, but since the margin is brutal (209) I would perhaps think about the under here. However I just can't get myself to think of this one as a slow tempo game, not touching it either.

Pistons ATS the only play tonight. Good luck everyone.

Back