NBA Rumors.Notes. News

YesSir

Brian Windhorst
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD colSpan=3>Monday, March 12</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD width=65>WHO</TD><TD>WHAT</TD><TD>THE SKINNY</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD noWrap align=middle>
3706.jpg

Carmelo Anthony
Nuggets
</TD><TD>Relationship With Karl
</TD><TD>Back On Good Terms
Mar 12 - Carmelo Anthony officially declared Sunday that he and coach George Karl are back on good terms.
The two had a discussion Saturday night about comments Karl made to The Denver Post last week. Karl said Anthony's play had to improve or he would be benched. Anthony remained upset about the statements days later, prompting the two to talk this weekend.
"It was a good talk," Anthony said. "He answered a lot of questions that I had. And now I see things a little bit clearer." -- Denver Post Karl called it a "fine talk," and said topics included Anthony's touches. "I'm there to help him," Karl said. "When he plays bad, I feel bad. It's not that I'm angry. Sometimes he must think I'm angry at him, but I'm probably angry at everybody." -- Rocky Mountain News

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width=65>WHO</TD><TD>WHAT</TD><TD>THE SKINNY</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD noWrap align=middle>
dal.gif

Dallas
</TD><TD>Mark Cuban
</TD><TD>'Real Close' To Selling
Mar 12 - Mark Cuban spent most of the Sunday conversation on ESPN's SportsCenter complaining about the NBA's crappy marketing and making strange references to sex talk with David Stern. Then he dropped a bomb near the end, saying he came "real close" to selling the Mavs during the summer. Even told David Stern of his plans. "I couldn't deal with the NBA," Cuban said. "There was things that I couldn't imagine happening in the Finals that happened in the Finals. You don't even know a tenth of it -- stuff I didn't get fined for and that was just too outrageous for me to even say publicly. And so I was like, 'I'm done.'" -- Dallas Morning News

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width=65>WHO</TD><TD>WHAT</TD><TD>THE SKINNY</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD noWrap align=middle>
18841.jpg

Al Horford
</TD><TD>NBA Draft
</TD><TD>Dad: 'Stay In School'
Mar 12 - It may be a long shot, but Al Horford's father, Tito, told Florida Today before the game that he will encourage his oldest son to stay in school -- no matter where he forecasts in the NBA Draft. Most experts have Horford going in the top 10. "We will sit down and talk about it like we did last year," said Tito. "And I'll tell him the same thing I did then, that the NBA is always going to be there, but you only get to enjoy college once. When he asks for my advice, I'm going to tell him to stay in school." -- Florida Today

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width=65>WHO</TD><TD>WHAT</TD><TD>THE SKINNY</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD noWrap align=middle>
3174.jpg

Chauncey Billups
Pistons
</TD><TD>Next Contract
</TD><TD>Won't Get Away
Mar 12 - Joe Dumars also had a brief conversation recently with point guard Chauncey Billups, who broke his free agency silence last week and found himself the subject of media reports in both Denver and Memphis.
"I said, 'If you allow that to continue on, it'll continue like that.'" Dumars said. "'If you shut it off, it will shut off. It will only go on if you allow it to, so just focus on what we're going right now.'"
Billups agreed, Dumars said. And Dumars also maintained that the team has no expectations of letting Billups get away this summer. -- Detroit Free Press Recently, spurred by his agent -- Andy Miller, whose interest is to strengthen Billups' negotiating leverage -- there have been reports both Memphis and Denver might make a run at him. "We will take care of July 1 when July 1 gets here," Dumars said. "Chauncey knows we are committed to keeping him here. We are absolutely committed to keeping him here. We have every intent on signing him back." -- Detroit News

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TD width=65>WHO</TD><TD>WHAT</TD><TD>THE SKINNY</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD noWrap align=middle>
3327.jpg

Lamar Odom
Lakers
</TD><TD>Shoulder Injury
</TD><TD>Odom Will Play
Mar 12 - Lamar Odom will begin practicing today despite a torn labrum in his left shoulder and said he would play Thursday against Denver, calling it a "blessing of God."
Odom was expected to take another week or two to decide his future -- play through the pain, undergo season-ending surgery or defer another couple of weeks -- but said the shoulder had "gotten stronger the last couple of days ... faster than I thought." "So what?" Odom said. "I can do a chin-up right now [and] push-ups. It's strong enough to hold up, so I'll be all right. I will play on Thursday, no doubt about it." -- Los Angeles Times

3120.jpg

Jermaine O'Neal
Pacers
</TD><TD>Sprained Knee
</TD><TD>Second Opinion
Mar 12 - Jermaine O'Neal is in California getting a second opinion on his sprained left knee. O'Neal hurt his knee against Utah last week. An MRI done Thursday in Indianapolis revealed a sprain. The Pacers originally said O'Neal would miss at least three games. Now indications point to him being out of the lineup longer. O'Neal likely won't join the team for the final game of its road trip Tuesday in Minnesota. "We're certainly very anxious to get him back because of what he means to our team," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. -- Indianapolis Star

3528.jpg

Jamaal Tinsley
Pacers
</TD><TD>Negative News
</TD><TD>Will It Ever Stop?
Mar 12 - Jamaal Tinsley was suspended a game for continually deciding to show up for practice whenever he wants. I've been told that this is a trend that happened numerous times in past seasons. It wasn't until Saturday that coach Rick Carlisle publicly put his foot down by suspending Tinsley, who can't seem to stay away from negative news.
Lets face it, the Pacers don't have many options with Tinsley these days. They can't search for a team that will be brave enough to take his contract, his injury problems (yep, those are starting to pop up) and his legal problems. Putting him on the inactive list will increase the Pacers' likely hood that they'll be crossing their fingers for a top 10 pick in draft. -- Indianapolis Star
Point guard Jamaal Tinsley returned to the starting lineup Sunday after being suspended for Saturday's game following his constant tardiness to practice. Carlisle and Tinsley said they've put the incident in the past. "I ain't worried about it. It happened and now I'm moving on," said Tinsley. -- Indianapolis

3325.jpg

Steve Francis
Knicks
</TD><TD>Buyout
</TD><TD>Fresh Start
Mar 12 - It is generally accepted that Steve Francis and the Knicks would be best served by parting ways, and there have been multiple reports of contract buyout negotiations. The team and Francis' agent continue to deny that talks ever took place. But there are indications that Francis would like a fresh start, and a guaranteed starting job, elsewhere. The Knicks, who at full strength have little use for a ball-dominating point guard, will surely make one last attempt at trading Francis after the season. If they cannot find a team willing to absorb the two years and $34.5 million left on Francis' contract, a buyout is highly likely. -- New York Times

3507.jpg

Malik Allen
Bulls
</TD><TD>Atrial Fibrillation
</TD><TD>More Tests
Mar 12 - Scott Skiles said additional testing on Malik Allen would occur Monday morning. Sources said Allen initially was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Bulls physicians and the consulting cardiologist at Rush University Medical Center will conduct a battery of tests to rule out a more serious condition. "He said he was feeling good," Skiles said of Allen before Sunday's game. -- Chicago Tribune

4134.jpg

Brandon Roy
Trail Blazers
</TD><TD>Overgrown Talus Bone
</TD><TD>Offseason Surgery?
Mar 12 - It may not be a foregone conclusion that Brandon Roy will have surgery after the season to fix the overgrown talus bone that sidelined him for 20 games this season, according to Roy and Blazers coach Nate McMillan. "I want them to look at it one more time and, it's hard to say," Roy said. "I hate to have surgery. But I would hate to have to sit out 20 games again next year if this came back. It's a tough decision. Like I said, I haven't sat down and talked about it. I haven't really thought about it." -- Vancouver Columbian

phi.gif

Philadelphia
</TD><TD>Rest-Of-Season Contract
</TD><TD>Henderson To Return?
Mar 12 - Alan Henderson could be returning to the 76ers.
President/general manager Billy King won't say it, but that is apparently the plan.
The Sixers, left with just 12 players on their roster, one below the minimum league requirement, added forward Louis Amundson Thursday on a 10-day contract. They could not bring Henderson back until March 24, 30 days after the trade. -- Philadelphia Daily News Because of salary-cap technicalities, sending Henderson out and bringing him back in this manner will reduce Philly's overall payroll by nearly $500,000, keeping it just out of luxury-tax territory. -- ESPN.com

por.gif

Portland
</TD><TD>10-Day Contract
</TD><TD>Looking For A Big Man
Mar 12 - Blazers guard Jeremy Richardson was cut after the game.
Richardson, whose 10-day contract expired Sunday, played 59 seconds Sunday in his only appearance. He did not attempt a shot.
The Blazers are expected to sign a big man to a 10-day contract in the near future. -- The Oregonian Nate McMillan, who said he is hoping the team can sign a post player, said he liked what he saw from Richardson. "I think his athleticism is his strong point, that fact that he can move his feet," McMillan said. "He's pretty quick, he can jump, he shoots the ball OK, from what I've seen, or could be an OK shooter. He seems to be comfortable on the court." -- The Oregonian

was.gif

Washington
</TD><TD>10-Day Contract
</TD><TD>One More
Mar 12 - The Wizards agreed to a second 10-day contract with rookie Mike Hall out of George Washington. Hall has yet to appear in a game. This is the last 10-day deal Hall is allowed to sign. At the end of this contract, the team will have to decide whether it wants to sign Hall for the remainder of the season. -- Washington Times

3415.jpg

Hedo Turkoglu
Magic
</TD><TD>Protective Mask
</TD><TD>'Couldn't Do It'
Mar 12 - Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu elected not to wear a protective mask and -- mirroring the club's recent luck -- was hit on his broken nose in the first quarter and briefly left Sunday's game against the Houston Rockets. He returned in the second period. Turkoglu was fitted for a protective mask in Houston, but he chose not wear it. "Couldn't do it," Turkoglu said just seconds before tip-off. "Didn't feel good." -- Orlando Sentinel

25.gif

California
</TD><TD>NBA Draft
</TD><TD>Returning Bears
Mar 12 - DeVon Hardin, a junior who played in only 11 games before suffering a stress fracture in his left foot, reiterated at the Pac-10 tournament that he is planning on returning to Cal. Hardin was considered a possible NBA first-round draft pick before the season, but the injury may have damaged his stock. Freshman Ryan Anderson, the Bears' leading scorer and rebounder who also is considered an NBA prospect, said he's not considering entering this year's draft. -- Contra Costa Times

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD class=stathead bgColor=#b96c00 colSpan=9>2007 NBA Draft Prospects Ranking (1 to 100)</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD width="5%">RANK</TD><TD width="25%">NAME</B></TD><TD width="5%">POS</TD><TD width="7%">HT</TD><TD width="5%">WT</TD><TD width="5%">AGE</TD><TD width="20%">SCHOOL/COUNTRY</TD><TD width="28%">PROJECTION</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>1</TD><TD class=tablemed>Greg Oden</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>245</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Ohio State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Top 2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>The consensus No. 1 pick in the draft despite Kevin Durant's amazing season. Draws comparisons... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>2</TD><TD class=tablemed>Kevin Durant</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-10</TD><TD class=tablemed>190</TD><TD class=tablemed>18</TD><TD class=tablemed>Texas</TD><TD class=tablemed>Top 2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>Some scouts are calling him a mixture of Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki. Others say... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>3</TD><TD class=tablemed>Brandan Wright</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-10</TD><TD class=tablemed>210</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>North Carolina</TD><TD class=tablemed>Top 5</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>On potential, he may be the second- or third-best incoming freshman in the country. And... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>4</TD><TD class=tablemed>Julian Wright</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-9</TD><TD class=tablemed>220</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Kansas</TD><TD class=tablemed>Top 10</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>Wright may be the most versatile player in the draft. He can guard and play... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>5</TD><TD class=tablemed>Joakim Noah</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-11</TD><TD class=tablemed>230</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Florida</TD><TD class=tablemed>Top 10</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>Noah capped an amazing NCAA tournament in 2006 with a near-perfect championship game -- a... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>6</TD><TD class=tablemed>Yi Jianlian</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>230</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>China</TD><TD class=tablemed>Top 10</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>Yi is the best Chinese prospect to come to the NBA since Yao. He has... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>7</TD><TD class=tablemed>Al Horford</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-9</TD><TD class=tablemed>235</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Florida</TD><TD class=tablemed>Top 10</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>Horford has the body and skill set needed to play in the NBA right away.... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>8</TD><TD class=tablemed>Spencer Hawes</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>230</TD><TD class=tablemed>18</TD><TD class=tablemed>Washington</TD><TD class=tablemed>Top 10</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>Hawes doesn't have the athletic upside of many of the top prospects in the draft,... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>9</TD><TD class=tablemed>Brook Lopez</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>245</TD><TD class=tablemed>18</TD><TD class=tablemed>Stanford</TD><TD class=tablemed>Lottery</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>Brook's stellar play of late has turned a lot of NBA scouts' heads. He and... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>10</TD><TD class=tablemed>Thaddeus Young</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-8</TD><TD class=tablemed>210</TD><TD class=tablemed>18</TD><TD class=tablemed>Georgia Tech</TD><TD class=tablemed>Lottery </TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>Young is another big-time prospect whose upside is only limited by questions about position and... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>11</TD><TD class=tablemed>Al Thornton</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-7</TD><TD class=tablemed>210</TD><TD class=tablemed>23</TD><TD class=tablemed>Florida State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Lottery to mid first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>A few big games against Florida and North Carolina this season have given him some... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>12</TD><TD class=tablemed>Chase Budinger</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-7</TD><TD class=tablemed>190</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Arizona</TD><TD class=tablemed>Lottery to mid first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>Budinger is having a great freshman season at Arizona and has quickly asserted himself as... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>13</TD><TD class=tablemed>Corey Brewer</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-8</TD><TD class=tablemed>185</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Florida</TD><TD class=tablemed>Lottery to mid first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>An excellent NCAA tournament last season helped Brewer's stock. And after a slow start this... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>14</TD><TD class=tablemed>Jeff Green</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-8</TD><TD class=tablemed>225</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Georgetown</TD><TD class=tablemed>Lottery to mid first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>Scouts love his versatility and all-around game. But he doesn't really have one standout skill... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>15</TD><TD class=tablemed>D. J. Augustin</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>5-11</TD><TD class=tablemed>180</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Texas</TD><TD class=tablemed>Lottery to mid first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>He's been the best freshman point guard in the country and may be the best... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>16</TD><TD class=tablemed>Roy Hibbert</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-2</TD><TD class=tablemed>265</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Georgetown</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>He's been all over the boards with scouts over the past few years. They love... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>17</TD><TD class=tablemed>Acie Law</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-3</TD><TD class=tablemed>185</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Texas A&M</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>Law has quietly developed into one of the top point guards in the country. His... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>18</TD><TD class=tablemed>Tywon Lawson</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>190</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>North Carolina</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>Lawson hasn't put up the best numbers, but some scouts feel he is the top... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mike Conley</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>170</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Ohio State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>Conley's quickly asserting himself as one of the best young college point guards in the... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Javaris Crittenton</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>180</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Georgia Tech</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>Most big point guards are really two guards with some ball handling skills. Not Crittenton.... more</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Nicolas Batum</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-8</TD><TD class=tablemed>190</TD><TD class=tablemed>18</TD><TD class=tablemed>France</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>A few international scouts believe he's the best international prospect in the draft -- ahead... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Josh McRoberts</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-10</TD><TD class=tablemed>230</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Duke</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>McRoberts had a chance to be a Top 10 pick in the 2006 NBA Draft... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>23</TD><TD class=tablemed>Marcus Williams</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-7</TD><TD class=tablemed>207</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Arizona</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>Williams has had a bit of an up and down season this year at Arizona.... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>24</TD><TD class=tablemed>Darrell Arthur</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-10</TD><TD class=tablemed>215</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Kansas</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>Shocked just about everyone coming out of the gate and leading a very talented KU... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>25</TD><TD class=tablemed>Ante Tomic </TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-2</TD><TD class=tablemed>237</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Croatia</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>Tomic is big-time prospect. He has a rare combination of size, skill and athletic ability.... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>26</TD><TD class=tablemed>Rodney Stuckey</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-4</TD><TD class=tablemed>205</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Eastern Wash.</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>He's considered a serious draft sleeper by some NBA scouts who think he has legit... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>27</TD><TD class=tablemed>Nick Young</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-6</TD><TD class=tablemed>200</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>USC</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>Young has the potential to be a lottery pick with his skills. But scouts are... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>28</TD><TD class=tablemed>Tiago Splitter</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>240</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Brazil</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>His stock was hurt in previous drafts over serious questions about whether an NBA team... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>29</TD><TD class=tablemed>Herbert Hill</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-10</TD><TD class=tablemed>240</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Providence</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD colSpan=8>Hill has quietly developed into one of this year's sleepers with a number of NBA... more</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>30</TD><TD class=tablemed>Dominic James</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>5-11</TD><TD class=tablemed>175</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Marquette</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD colSpan=8>In a draft weak on point guards, James has drawn a ton of interest from... more</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>31</TD><TD class=tablemed>Tyler Hansbrough</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-9</TD><TD class=tablemed>225</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>North Carolina</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>32</TD><TD class=tablemed>Hasheem Thabeet</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-3</TD><TD class=tablemed>265</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Connecticut</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>33</TD><TD class=tablemed>Morris Almond</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-6</TD><TD class=tablemed>215</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Rice</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>34</TD><TD class=tablemed>Daequan Cook</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>210</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Ohio State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mid to late first round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>35</TD><TD class=tablemed>Darren Collison</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-1</TD><TD class=tablemed>165</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>UCLA</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second </TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>36</TD><TD class=tablemed>Trey Johnson</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>218</TD><TD class=tablemed></TD><TD class=tablemed>Jackson State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>37</TD><TD class=tablemed>Jason Smith</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>230</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Colorado State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>38</TD><TD class=tablemed>Rudy Fernandez</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-6</TD><TD class=tablemed>172</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Spain</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>39</TD><TD class=tablemed>Marco Belinelli</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-6</TD><TD class=tablemed>200</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Italy</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>40</TD><TD class=tablemed>Alando Tucker</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>205</TD><TD class=tablemed>23</TD><TD class=tablemed>Wisconsin</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>41</TD><TD class=tablemed>Aaron Gray</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>270</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Pittsburgh</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>42</TD><TD class=tablemed>Brandon Rush</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-7</TD><TD class=tablemed>205</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Kansas</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>43</TD><TD class=tablemed>Ryan Anderson</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-10</TD><TD class=tablemed>225</TD><TD class=tablemed></TD><TD class=tablemed>California</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>44</TD><TD class=tablemed>Nick Fazekas</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-11</TD><TD class=tablemed>225</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Nevada</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>45</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mario Chalmers</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-2</TD><TD class=tablemed>170</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Kansas</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>46</TD><TD class=tablemed>Jared Jordan</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-2</TD><TD class=tablemed>187</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Marist</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>47</TD><TD class=tablemed>Danilo Gallinari</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-9</TD><TD class=tablemed>212</TD><TD class=tablemed>18</TD><TD class=tablemed>Italy</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>48</TD><TD class=tablemed>Wayne Ellington</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>175</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>North Carolina</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>49</TD><TD class=tablemed>Sean Williams</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-10</TD><TD class=tablemed>230</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Boston College</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>50</TD><TD class=tablemed>Artem Zabelin</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-1</TD><TD class=tablemed>200</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Russia</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>51</TD><TD class=tablemed>Robin Lopez</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>245</TD><TD class=tablemed>18</TD><TD class=tablemed>Stanford</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>52</TD><TD class=tablemed>Luc Richard Mbah a Moute</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-7</TD><TD class=tablemed>215</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>UCLA</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>53</TD><TD class=tablemed>Bill Walker</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-6</TD><TD class=tablemed>225</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Kansas State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>54</TD><TD class=tablemed>Glen Davis</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-9</TD><TD class=tablemed>290</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>LSU</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>55</TD><TD class=tablemed>Jermareo Davidson</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-10</TD><TD class=tablemed>230</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Alabama</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>56</TD><TD class=tablemed>Paul Harris</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-4</TD><TD class=tablemed>220</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Syracuse</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>57</TD><TD class=tablemed>Kyle Visser</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-11</TD><TD class=tablemed>244</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Wake Forest</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>58</TD><TD class=tablemed>Bobby Brown</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-1</TD><TD class=tablemed>170</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>CS Fullerton</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>59</TD><TD class=tablemed>Gerald Henderson</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>205</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Duke</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>60</TD><TD class=tablemed>DeVon Hardin</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-11</TD><TD class=tablemed>235</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>California</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>61</TD><TD class=tablemed>Sherron Collins</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>5-11</TD><TD class=tablemed>200</TD><TD class=tablemed></TD><TD class=tablemed>Kansas</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>62</TD><TD class=tablemed>Anton Ponkrashov</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-8</TD><TD class=tablemed>214</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Russia</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>63</TD><TD class=tablemed>Zabian Dowdell</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-3</TD><TD class=tablemed>200</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Virginia Tech</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>64</TD><TD class=tablemed>D. J. Strawberry</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>201</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Maryland</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>65</TD><TD class=tablemed>Demetris Nichols</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-8</TD><TD class=tablemed>210</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Syracuse</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>66</TD><TD class=tablemed>Ronald Steele</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-2</TD><TD class=tablemed>185</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Alabama</TD><TD class=tablemed>Late first to early second</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>67</TD><TD class=tablemed>Renaldas Seibutis</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-6</TD><TD class=tablemed>180</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Lithuania</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>68</TD><TD class=tablemed>Arron Afflalo</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>210</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>UCLA</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>69</TD><TD class=tablemed>Gabriel Pruitt</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-4</TD><TD class=tablemed>170</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>USC</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>70</TD><TD class=tablemed>JamesOn Curry</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-3</TD><TD class=tablemed>190</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Oklahoma State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>71</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mustafa Shakur</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-3</TD><TD class=tablemed>183</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Arizona</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>72</TD><TD class=tablemed>Josh Heytvelt</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-11</TD><TD class=tablemed>235</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Gonzaga</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>73</TD><TD class=tablemed>Jared Dudley</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-7</TD><TD class=tablemed>220</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Boston College</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>74</TD><TD class=tablemed>Taurean Green</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>177</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Florida</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>75</TD><TD class=tablemed>Trent Plaisted</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-11</TD><TD class=tablemed>245</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>BYU</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>76</TD><TD class=tablemed>Russell Carter</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-4</TD><TD class=tablemed>220</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Notre Dame</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>77</TD><TD class=tablemed>Dominic McGuire</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-8</TD><TD class=tablemed>215</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Fresno State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>78</TD><TD class=tablemed>Ivan Radenovic</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-10</TD><TD class=tablemed>224</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Arizona</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>79</TD><TD class=tablemed>Kyrylo Fesenko</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-11</TD><TD class=tablemed></TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Ukraine</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>80</TD><TD class=tablemed>Joseph Jones</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-9</TD><TD class=tablemed>260</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Texas A&M</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>81</TD><TD class=tablemed>Ali Traore</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-10</TD><TD class=tablemed>247</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>France</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>82</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mario Boggan</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-7</TD><TD class=tablemed>235</TD><TD class=tablemed>23</TD><TD class=tablemed>Oklahoma State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>83</TD><TD class=tablemed>Chris Lofton</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-2</TD><TD class=tablemed>197</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Tennessee</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>84</TD><TD class=tablemed>Mantas Kalnietis</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>194</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Lithuania</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>85</TD><TD class=tablemed>Matt Bouldin</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>210</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Gonzaga</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>86</TD><TD class=tablemed>Stanko Barac</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-1</TD><TD class=tablemed>235</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Bosnia</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>87</TD><TD class=tablemed>Marc Gasol</TD><TD class=tablemed>C</TD><TD class=tablemed>7-0</TD><TD class=tablemed>265</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Spain</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>88</TD><TD class=tablemed>Quincy Pondexter</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-7</TD><TD class=tablemed>200</TD><TD class=tablemed></TD><TD class=tablemed>Washington</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>89</TD><TD class=tablemed>Tyler Smith</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-7</TD><TD class=tablemed>210</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Iowa</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>90</TD><TD class=tablemed>Lawrence Hill</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-8</TD><TD class=tablemed>205</TD><TD class=tablemed>19</TD><TD class=tablemed>Stanford</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>91</TD><TD class=tablemed>Bryce Taylor</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>205</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Oregon</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>92</TD><TD class=tablemed>Jawann McClellan</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>225</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Arizona</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>93</TD><TD class=tablemed>Malik Hairston</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-6</TD><TD class=tablemed>200</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Oregon</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>94</TD><TD class=tablemed>J. R. Giddens</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>200</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>New Mexico</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>95</TD><TD class=tablemed>Richard Roby</TD><TD class=tablemed>SG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-5</TD><TD class=tablemed>210</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>Colorado</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>96</TD><TD class=tablemed>Taj Gibson</TD><TD class=tablemed>PF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-9</TD><TD class=tablemed>210</TD><TD class=tablemed>21</TD><TD class=tablemed>USC</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>97</TD><TD class=tablemed>Curtis Sumpter</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-7</TD><TD class=tablemed>223</TD><TD class=tablemed>23</TD><TD class=tablemed>Villanova</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>98</TD><TD class=tablemed>Reyshawn Terry</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-8</TD><TD class=tablemed>235</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>North Carolina</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=tablemed>99</TD><TD class=tablemed>Cartier Martin</TD><TD class=tablemed>SF</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-8</TD><TD class=tablemed>220</TD><TD class=tablemed>22</TD><TD class=tablemed>Kansas State</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD class=tablemed>100</TD><TD class=tablemed>A. J. Price</TD><TD class=tablemed>PG</TD><TD class=tablemed>6-2</TD><TD class=tablemed>190</TD><TD class=tablemed>20</TD><TD class=tablemed>Connecticut</TD><TD class=tablemed>Second round to undrafted</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD colSpan=3>Tuesday, March 13</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD width=65>WHO</TD><TD>WHAT</TD><TD>THE SKINNY</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD noWrap align=middle>
3837.jpg

Jameer Nelson
Magic
</TD><TD>Contract Extension
</TD><TD>Magic Expect More
Mar 13 - Jameer Nelson's decline this season has introduced a degree of difficulty into the process. In fact, the Magic are wondering whether to offer Nelson an extension -- or wait to see what happens should he become a restricted free agent next summer.
"We start talking about extensions like they're a given," GM Otis Smith said. "Jameer has to understand that we expect more out of him." In some ways, said Smith, measuring Nelson's worth is more challenging than figuring out Darko Milicic's. If Nelson expects to be paid a salary similar to, say, Chicago Bulls point guard Kirk Hinrich (5 years/$47.5 million ), no deal will get done between him and the Magic this summer. The club's contract parameters, perhaps, for Nelson's extension align closer to Seattle SuperSonics point guard Luke Ridnour (3 years/$19.5 million). -- Orlando Sentinel

3420.jpg

Morris Peterson
Raptors
</TD><TD>Next Contract
</TD><TD>Remembering This Season
Mar 13 - When summer rolls around and Morris Peterson has a say in where he'll play next season, he's going to remember the up-and-down ride he's had with the Raptors this season.
Starter, backup, starter, backup, key member of the rotation, deep bench player; it's the kind of inconsistent role that's going to give him pause to think about what he wants to do next.
"That's something I'm definitely going to have to look at when the summer comes and evaluate what I want to do and where I want to be," the free-agent-to-be said yesterday morning. -- Toronto Star There have been rumours that Sam Mitchell and Peterson are not getting along, something both have denied, but there is no denying that Mitchell has lost faith in Peterson as an impact player, though the coach does believe that injuries are the main reason why Peterson hasn't found his stride this season. "My (message) to Mo right now is not to get caught up worrying about minutes, just make sure, by the time we hit April, that you've got yourself mentally and physically ready to play," the coach said. -- Toronto Sun

3821.jpg

Shaun Livingston
Clippers
</TD><TD>Torn Ligaments
</TD><TD>Surgery Time
Mar 13 - Shaun Livingston is scheduled to undergo extensive surgery today to repair three major ligaments in his left knee. Livingston will have the procedure performed at St. Vincent's Hospital in Birmingham, Ala. "I emphasized being positive, told him he had the best doctor in the country working for him but that it was important for him to also do his part, in terms of rehabilitation," coach Mike Dunleavy said. Livingston's recovery and rehabilitation are expected to be at least 8-12 months. He could miss the entire 2007-2008 season. -- Orange County Register

3507.jpg

Malik Allen
Bulls
</TD><TD>Atrial Fibrillation
</TD><TD>Cleared To Play
Mar 13 - Looking relieved and relaxed, Malik Allen said he has been cleared to play in Tuesday's home game against Boston after a stress test and echocardiogram performed Monday revealed nothing structurally wrong with his heart.
Allen confirmed a Chicago Tribune report that he suffered atrial fibrillation during Thursday night's victory in Orlando.
"It definitely was a little bit of a scare," Allen said. "It's your heart you're talking about. But at the same time, I had a lot of people say to me it was fairly common among athletes." -- Chicago Tribune
Monday's report ...
Scott Skiles said additional testing on Malik Allen would occur Monday morning. Sources said Allen initially was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Bulls physicians and the consulting cardiologist at Rush University Medical Center will conduct a battery of tests to rule out a more serious condition. "He said he was feeling good," Skiles said of Allen before Sunday's game. -- Chicago Tribune

cha.gif

Charlotte
</TD><TD>Interview
</TD><TD>Jordan To Meet With Media
Mar 13 - Bobcats minority owner Michael Jordan will be holding only his second extended interview with local news media today. Jordan, the team's managing member of basketball operations, has talked to an open media audience only once since joining Bob Johnson's ownership group last June. That came after the Bobcats chose Adam Morrison in the first round of the June 2006 NBA draft. -- Gaston Gazette

dal.gif

Dallas
</TD><TD>Roster Move
</TD><TD>Not Close
Mar 13 - Avery Johnson has seen enough that the team is leaning heavily toward keeping the roster as it is rather than adding a 15th player -- presumably a big man, who would be playoff-eligible. Johnson said he and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson have discussed adding a different player, but nothing is close. -- Dallas Morning News

3094.jpg

Allen Iverson
Nuggets
</TD><TD>Technical Foul
</TD><TD>Iverson Is Right
Mar 13 - The NBA on Monday rescinded a technical foul on Nuggets guard Allen Iverson. That could come in handy down the stretch. Iverson was assessed what would have been his 11th technical of the season Sunday in Sacramento. Iverson not only saved the $2,500 fine but stays at 10, important because 16 results in a one-game suspension. "The only reason I'm doing it is I know I'm 100 percent right," Iverson said after Monday's practice about appealing a technical for the first time in his 10-year career. -- Rocky Mountain News

30070.jpg

Lawrence Frank
</TD><TD>Contract Extension
</TD><TD>Thorn's Support
Mar 13 - Rod Thorn has given his head coach countless endorsements this season and issued another Monday.
But that doesn't mean the Nets' president is ready to extend Lawrence Frank's contract. It's no slight against Frank. He's already under contract for next season. "It'll play out," Thorn said. "I'm sure we'll talk at the appropriate time. But right now we're concerned with what's happening the rest of the year." -- Bergen Record

30012.jpg

Phil Jackson
</TD><TD>Losing
</TD><TD>Retirement Time?
Mar 13 - It's been so bad that Phil Jackson said the $10-million-a-year job was wearing him down. "I considered retirement just last week when we were on this losing streak," he said, presumably joking, although he seemed more serious after Sunday's loss when he said, "Jesus Christ could come back and we still wouldn't have a chance because we've ruined the mix by not playing together." -- Los Angeles Times

3663.jpg

Reggie Evans
Nuggets
</TD><TD>Playing Time
</TD><TD>No Pouting
Mar 13 - Playing time was expected by Reggie Evans after he re-signed with the Nuggets last offseason, getting a five-year contract worth $23 million. He is averaging 5.5 points on 54 percent shooting and 7.6 rebounds in 18.6 minutes per game. But with the Nuggets loaded at power forward and center, and with the recent emergence of Linas Kleiza, playing time is hard to come by. "You can't do anything but be professional," Evans said. "You don't want to be a bad influence on the young guys like Yakhouba (Diawara), L.K. (Kleiza). If someone is in my position one day, they can always remember how I went through (my position) and was professional about it. It's always being positive and waiting your turn." -- Denver Post

3246.jpg

Raef LaFrentz
Trail Blazers
</TD><TD>Calf Injury
</TD><TD>No Rush
Mar 13 - Raef LaFrentz is not close to returning from his left calf injury. The injury has produced an odd-looking gulley in LaFrentz's calf, and there's some concern about LaFrentz's future. "The thing is, we want him to rehab it and get it right, as opposed to having to rush," Nate McMillan said. "If he's able to get back, good, but if not, we're at the time of the season where there's nothing you can do about it." McMillan said the team will try to sign a big man to a 10-day contract hopefully this week. -- The Oregonian

3346.jpg

Devean George
Mavericks
</TD><TD>Knee Brace
</TD><TD>Not Moving Well
Mar 13 - Devean George is not moving as well as Avery Johnson would like as he works his way back into the rotation after missing three weeks with a sprained right knee. "He's right," George said. "I'm not moving the way I want to move, either." The main reason is the brace that the 6-8 swingman has been wearing and will continue to wear "until I get more comfortable." -- Dallas Morning News

3602.jpg

Drew Gooden
Cavaliers
</TD><TD>Rumors
</TD><TD>Play Affected
Mar 13 - During the days up to that time, his name figured prominently in a number of possible deals -- this after he signed a three-year $23 million contract extension in September.
"I was concerned. (But) this is a business; you go through that sometimes," Drew Gooden said. He acknowledged that concern affected his overall play, but he believes that after the recent win on the road in Detroit the Cavs are headed in the right direction at the right time. "I just want to win," Gooden said. -- Akron Beacon-Journal

25.gif

Ryan Anderson
</TD><TD>NBA Draft
</TD><TD>A Young Van Horn
Mar 13 - Why would Ryan Anderson think about bolting Cal after one (terrific) year?
Because despite needing strength and polish, he?d probably be a late first-round pick. The guy is a young Keith Van Horn: a legit 6-foot-10 with a terrific shooting stroke. Because his stock might not be this high again. What if he gets injured, or has a bad sophomore year? And because he might find himself in a bad situation in Berkeley next year if DeVon Hardin turns pro. -- San Jose Mercury News

uth.gif

Utah
</TD><TD>Playing In the NBA
</TD><TD>Far Off
Mar 13 - Jazz scout Troy Weaver evidently is not very high on 7-foot-9, 387-pound Chinese center Sun Ming Ming, who has been playing this season for Maryland of the ABA while chasing his NBA dream. "He's got a little bit of skill, but he can't get up and down the floor and his reaction time is slow," Weaver said. "I just think he's a long way from the NBA." -- Deseret Morning News

3970.jpg

Martynas Andriuskevicius
Bulls
</TD><TD>Head Injury
</TD><TD>Cleared To Practice
Mar 13 - Doctors initially told Martynas Andriuskevicius he would be unable to play the rest of this season, if ever again. He had trouble with speaking, hearing and memory after the incident, which landed him in an intensive-care ward. "It's really good news," Andriuskevicius said of being cleared to practice. ''I wasn't expecting anything like that when I went to the doctor. He surprised me. I had a smile on my face all day. "I feel 101 percent. I haven't played and I'm fresh, no pain, everything is fine. It's exciting. I've been waiting a long time." -- Chicago Sun-Times

25.gif

California
</TD><TD>NBA Draft
</TD><TD>Returning Bears
Mar 13 - DeVon Hardin, a junior who played in only 11 games before suffering a stress fracture in his left foot, reiterated at the Pac-10 tournament that he is planning on returning to Cal. Hardin was considered a possible NBA first-round draft pick before the season, but the injury may have damaged his stock. Freshman Ryan Anderson, the Bears' leading scorer and rebounder who also is considered an NBA prospect, said he's not considering entering this year's draft. -- Contra Costa Times

Back