NBA redcon Wednesday

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
Yesterday, mrs.redbearde's picks did well while I lost 2.2 units for us. go me.

today, the first one she mentioned to me was Indiana -5.5. She has em by 12. Now, yesterday I was thinking of, if anything, playing the ML dog here. After all, Charlotte has won the last 5 in Indy. Yet, Charlotte has also lost their last 5 games, they're on a long road trip, and this gig's been bet down from -6. Hell, I'm seeing some -5s here and there.

Both teams are battling for a playoff spot....well.....okay, both teams have delusions of making the playoffs. But Charlotte had better delusions after winning 5 straight and before dropping 4 straight.

Charlotte is 2-13 SU in its last 15 games on the road.

...not a good sign given how much traveling the kitties have to do.

also, here's a quote for ya:

"We played pretty well and we got a much-needed win," Pacers forward Troy Murphy said. "I hope this win sets the tone for us for the next few games. We know what Charlotte can do. They have beaten us twice."

huge focus? maybe not. Do they have it in mind? Looks like it...do they know they need the win? You betchya. Are they likely to win by DDs? I think they are. SportsNut tried to warn me about Charlotte managing only one half of good basketball per game nowadays. I'm not sure what the problem is, but they leave enough open jumpers on defense per game that these Pacers ought to have a field day...between dunleavy and granger, there should be a hail of threes hitting. If Rush is on, if Flip can hit a few shots...if Diener can get a few, then this has the makings of being a stout victory for the Pacers. Even on the inside, Foster should be able to hold his own.

As long as the Pacers can force the kitties into jumpshots, they should cruise to a win. still ruminating....besides, the line keeps dropping.

holy shit.

Miami +19?

this is stupid. mrs.redbearde only has em by 20......if it keeps going up over 20, then it'll be a must-play for me.

because damn......that's just stupid.

She has Denver and Philly as a pk, but I'm not too keen on backing the Nuggets on the road right now...especially against a streaking team like philly's.

I think Mrs. Red should start here own newsletter . No better way to catch a man's (limited) attention then succeeding in a man's world ( Sorry ladies but gambling is all men have left to call there own) . I for one and very impressed with Mrs. Red and I am sure all the other folks here are to , all kidding aside .

I think the reason why the line is dropping is because Danny Granger will NOT play tonight. At least thats what the notes on "Blankets" matchups says. So that should be the answer to the line drop question . Its not a reverse line move conspiracy theorists!!

I really havent looked at much yet. I do think s scary as that line is in TOR its best to stay away. First is it looks like MArion will not play today. Second is Toronto is off a terrible road trip which I believe greatly emphasizes the 1st game home. We have seen some medicore teams come home and play well that 1st game remember NJ vs Cle? Third is while Miami played well there bench exploded and tough to see those performances duplicated especillay in a B2B spot which happens to be Toronto known for some blowouts. Fourth is there may be a comfort factor backing Miami after a SU win but chances are they play more like the 20 + loss to Dallas at home. Remember they just caught 18 at home from Dallas !! At Home !! So while it looks HIGH whats easier to believe they could cover 18 at home vs Dallas or 19 away on a B2B at Tor??

There will be blood!!

Did like Indiana till the Granger injury news so now I am uncertain but still not diiging CHarlotte...

I think Wash ML has value but not the points...

Good Luck Red:cheers:and MrsRed..

It says he is probable and it says he will not play tonight and the local paper does not mention it. Now its all clear.

this is bizarre. I see that now, but I don't see any articles. blankets matchup page even says, "probable wednesday" and then the description says he won't play. That wasn't there 30 minutes ago.

the Indianapolis Star doesn't mention him being out...WHAT THE FUCK?!!??!

here's today's article:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080319/SPORTS04/803190430/1062/SPORTS04

Fifteen games remain, including nine at home. Twelve games are against teams with losing records.

If the Indiana Pacers plan to end their one-year hiatus from the playoffs, this has to be the time they make up for ground lost earlier in the season.

"I think that it would be foolish if anybody in our whole organization, considering the struggles that we have had, if we thought any part of the schedule was such that we should just win because people think we should win," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said.

"That would be very, very foolish, and I would certainly hope that our guys would take a mind-set that we have (the Charlotte Bobcats tonight) and that's all we care about."

Looking past the Bobcats is the last thing the Pacers can afford to do, especially since they have blown two double-digit leads in losses against Charlotte this season. The Bobcats are on a four-game losing streak.

"It's about us playing our way, our style for a full 48 minutes," said Pacers small forward Mike Dunleavy, who is coming off a 36-point performance against New York on Monday. "If we get a lead, get ahead or if we get down, we're going to keep playing the way we play, and I think offensively we've shown that's good enough to beat most teams. It's a matter of playing defense and getting stops down the stretch."

Though tonight they will be without Jermaine O'Neal (knee) and Jamaal Tinsley (knee) -- whose status for the rest of the season remains in limbo -- the Pacers say they believe they are better suited to play the Bobcats, whose athleticism causes matchup problems, this time around.

"They have hurt us," O'Brien said. "When we played them, we really had not gone to any kind of small lineup at the time. . . . I think we have the ability now to go big and small, and if the game dictates to go small, I think we're more comfortable. Their quickness really bothered us in both games."

The Pacers have a chance to move up in the playoff race because they have five games remaining against New Jersey, Atlanta and Chicago, teams that are ahead of them by three games or less. The Hawks have a three-game lead over the Pacers for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference.

"We have to win our games and hope other teams lose some games to ultimately get in the playoffs," Pacers center Jeff Foster said. "I guess it's good playing below-.500 teams the last part of the schedule, but we have to take care of our business."

The Pacers are 16-12 this season against teams below .500. They are 10-9 against the remaining teams they face with a losing record.

"If you're 45-25 and you're playing against teams like the Pacers, you think you should beat them," O'Brien said. "But when you're 26-41 and you're playing against a team that's about the same as you are, you better just think about trying to be up one by the end of the game."

there's nothing about missing Granger, and if that was going on...I'd think they'd know.

damnit. it could be that Indy doesn't know yet, and blankets doesn't like to give source citations...the motherfuckers.

It says he is probable and it says he will not play tonight and the local paper does not mention it. Now its all clear.

yeah I definetly was reading bewteen the lines...I didnt trust the fact he is probable for the two reasons mentioned. First the notes section says he is out and secondly the line sort of mysteriously dropped a point. If the line hadnt dropped I may have believed he was probably just seems to unlikely

not only that, they've just had their streak busted. I think they get creamed again tonight....just haven't pulled the trigger on the Hornets yet.

<TABLE cellPadding=0 width=700 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">3/19/2008 6:18:24 PM </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Danny Granger </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">F </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Wrist </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Out Wednesday </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px">Sprained his wrist in their last game. Was expected to play tonight, but has been ruled OUT. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sometimes reading bewteen the lines is useful. I knew that the line drop was because some people knew in advance that Granger wouldnt play but the only way I could be right is at tip...

grumbe grumble grumble.....

Hopefully it doesnt matter. I am just one of those people that hates having the wool pulled over his eyes so I actually enjoy being perceptive. In the end it doesnt mean shit and so far it looks Charlotte is sticking ti there routine...Char 53-46 at half down 7 to start the 4th quarter....

It amazes me how often I miss out on halftime plays because I have my own BBall games.......grrrrrrr...:shake:

Also write this day down. All you guys know how I hate chalk but I did lay -19 with Toronto and possibly had the easiest win ever ! Wish I laid more !

Great win on Indy. Lot of controversy but I know Mrs beard would not let you change your mind. Indiana foul shooting in the last 20 seconds got it done for us!
:cheers:

Great win on Indy. Lot of controversy but I know Mrs beard would not let you change your mind. Indiana foul shooting in the last 20 seconds got it done for us!
:cheers:

I watched the game. Both teams tried desperately to lose it. Fortunately, the kitties kept tossing up asinine jumpers instead of continuing to drive to the rim. There was no stopping J-rich and Gerald Wallace in the 1H.

but I tell ya what.......that mrs.redbearde got this one right, and redcon is happy with a 1-0 day.

:smiley_acbe:

Very happy for you as well just miffed I couldnt get some 2nd H Pacers dollars down myself. Thats a big reason why I dont kill myself anymore worrying about getting the "best " or good lines. If they cover the closing spread they usually cover all the numbers inbewteen especially in the pro's. Also didnt want to jinx you with my commenting on the game...

With miami its really not even a college squad at this point. Someone should research the B2B situation when a team plays in Milw or Det and flies to Tor seems Raps always blow those teams out . I remember a few occurrences this year.

Jason Williams sat out and Ricky Davis was questionable for yesterdays game so right there your thin. Davis played but B2B seemed like a terrible spot for him. Otherwise they had Blount , Cook , Barron , J.Anthony , Quinn and Bobby Jones....those guys couldnt beat UNC....:cheers:

for some reason, P-BoxNation posted this in general discussion:

Red what happened to the Golden State pick last night.

They lost. It wasn't just a pick, either. I lost my bet. If you mean "why?" then it was because Sacramento scored more points. If you're asking why I lost my bet, then it was because I bet on the team that scored less points. If you're asking why GSW scored less points, then it might do you some good to check out a box score. In brief, GSW shot 40% while Sacramento shot 58%...and GSW hit 18.5% from behind the 3pt line.

I hope this helps any confusion you may have had.

:shake:

Back