NBA redcon Sunday

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
heh...wow. kings....14-42...

:36_11_6:

okay. on to today.

mrs.redbearde likes the raptors to win. I don't. She doesn't take injuries into account. I do. I already have the Kings -3.5. It's not like they had to fight real hard at Phoenix....and the loss on the road has seemed to set them well for their next home game.

on top of my bigoted assessment of SacK at home, the Raptors have been garbage without Bosh. They can't get rebounds, offensive or defensive, they give up 600 second chance points per game, and TJ Ford just *loves* to ruin that whole "no turnovers" thing they had going on.

She also likes Houston to win by 11. Again, there's no accounting for injuries, but I think losing gasol is about as bad as losing Yao. AND the last time they played in Houston it was set at Rockets -6.5. Now it's set at 4.5 and gets bet down to -3.5....and looking at pinny and matchbook....it looks like it'll go lower. So I will probably take Rockets again today.

But not quite yet...

Last edited:
Im on Sac -4......Why do you think the line is so low other than the back to back? Is Bosh gonna try to give it a go?

Im on Sac -4......Why do you think the line is so low other than the back to back? Is Bosh gonna try to give it a go?

http://www.thestar.com/article/346558

No. Here's what he said

"I worked out a little bit (yesterday) and my legs felt weak," Bosh admitted. "I need to get in the weight room and do things I couldn't do before, and that'll give me the confidence I've been looking for."

he hopes to be back for Wednesday. If Bosh plays I'll be shocked. I'll also be very sorry I took the bet.

I think the line is short based on Kings' recent performance...AND I think Bosh is extremely important to the Raptors, and if he was playing this game the line would be significant chalk in the other direction. Perhaps not the -6 that mrs.redbearde calculates for the raps, but at least Tor -3ish....

This game is not a divisional rival, and it's at Arco...so I think there's a strong likelihood of at least a 4pt win for the Kings. Kings should outrebound them, especially on the offensive end, the Kings should force a ton of turnovers, and the raptors should give up 120 to 130 again.

.....and I think the raptors won't be able to get over 110ish unless they shoot a suns-like 70%.

:36_11_6:

that game last night is STILL making me laugh...

If anyone thinks the Hornets can still cover the original game line, you can get 2H Hornets -5.5 @ +330 at 5dimes.

that mrs.redbearde is a smart chyk. She estimates an 11pt win, and it comes out as a 12 pt win.

and she loves me. Still feel sorry for me, fondy?

you should take the mrs advice. Raps ml. Only game this trip they got a shot with and will be shooting hard for it. And do u really wanna lay chalk with sac?

Back