NBA redcon 3.26

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
yesterday, mrs.redbearde damn near hit the hawks/bulls on the nose. her numbers showed 94-103, and it ended 93-103. She was reeeeally excited about that. ....almost more than the Spurs win.

on to today

Hornets. mrs.redbearde has em to win by 2 (97-95). at -2.5, we have a little value. I think the Hornets are the better team, and with no Ben Wallace, we may see some more face-on-the-floor time for sideshow bob. Nothing hurts the cavs defense more than that goofy fuck spending the game licking paint from being 'thrown' to the floor by a guard.

even money that he flops due to CP3 running into him at midcourt tonight...
:popcorn:

Hornets & Cavs played once this season on December 29. Hornets won and covered at home as 5pt faves.

so when you see this sort of thing:
New Orleans is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games when playing Cleveland

do remember that in the one meeting this year, the Hornets bucked that trend.....winning by DDs.

Ben Wallace has been ruled out.
Daniel Gibson might play, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that..

the other games she likes are

Milwaukee at Atlanta (93-108)
Detroit @ Toronto (101-96)

still ruminating....

Regular Season

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="datahead"> <td width="11%">Date</td> <td width="21%">Vs</td> <td width="18%">Score</td> <td width="27%">Type</td> <td width="13%">TOR Line</td> <td width="10%">O/U</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/23/08</td> <td> Denver </td> <td> L 100-109</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L -2.5</td> <td> U 225</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/21/08</td> <td> @ Cleveland </td> <td> L 83-90</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L 4.5</td> <td> U 191</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/19/08</td> <td> Miami </td> <td> W 96-54</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> W -19</td> <td> U 198.5</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/17/08</td> <td> @ Utah </td> <td> L 79-96</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L 13.5</td> <td> U 213</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/16/08</td> <td> @ Sacramento </td> <td> L 100-106</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L 5</td> <td> U 211.5</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/14/08</td> <td> @ Denver </td> <td> L 105-137</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L 8.5</td> <td> O 217</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/12/08</td> <td> @ Golden State </td> <td> L 106-117</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L 10</td> <td> U 223.5</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/11/08</td> <td> @ L.A. Lakers </td> <td> L 108-117</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> W 13</td> <td> O 214.5</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/09/08</td> <td> Seattle </td> <td> W 114-106</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L -12</td> <td> O 203</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/07/08</td> <td> Washington </td> <td> L 106-110 (OT)</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L -6</td> <td> O 193</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/05/08</td> <td> @ Miami </td> <td> W 108-83</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> W 2.5</td> <td> U 195.5</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/04/08</td> <td> @ Orlando </td> <td> L 87-102</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L 9.5</td> <td> U 209.5</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 03/02/08</td> <td> @ Charlotte </td> <td> L 98-110</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L -3.5</td> <td> O 200</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> 02/29/08</td> <td> Indiana </td> <td> L 111-122</td> <td> Regular Season</td> <td> L -11</td> <td> O 208</td></tr></tbody></table>

Toronto's last few games.....well.....this month. They've beaten only Seattle and Miami.

granted, some of this is due to Bosh being out....but daaaaaamn.

Think Toronto is the right side. Boston's lead is down to 5 and Detroit has a lot of easy easy games coming up so grabbing a plausible loss looks attractive. GL

careful about Toronto...see....it's a blankets combination bolting mechanism tonight.

heh.

for me, it'll be either Detroit or nothing on that game. I can't imagine betting on Toronto right now when they haven't won a game vs any opposition in a month.

Thats actually part of the reason to bet them. You think Detroit wants to take any chance of Toronto being knocked out of the playoffs. I agree its a little Alice in Wonderland but if you just look at the game from the Detroit viewpoint I think they probably want to throw it.

red, I was thinking Cavs. Not a betting homer (honest) and not really a basketball capper at all, but seems to me they've taken on all comers, played extremely inspired ball, and won at home this year against the elite teams, shit the bed a few times against the bad teams. I think they beat Boston 2X, Detroit once, SA, LA, might be missing a couple.

Matters not, but it's also Joe Tait's 3000th game (radio play-by-play guy since the birth of the franchise, local legend) with all sorts of ceremonial crap scheduled ... they wouldn't lose Joe's 3000th after losing so damn many of the first 2999, would they?

I also think you should reattach your balls and ML the Suns.

Pitons +1.5 (+100.94)

ML is at best about 105 right now....and it's dropped off the fucking radar on MB....I waited too long.

anyway, 1.5pts is worth more than 4 cents.

I also think you should reattach your balls and ML the Suns.

nah...remember, I think the Suns have a serious problem.

I also think the Cs are going to want to get one back after last night...AND after the beating they took in Phoenix when they should have hit a few shots and won.

:shake:

Yep I agree Red, but Boston may not be as fired up as some think I believe. Sure they want to win but I just think people are overreacting with this "Boston can't lose 3 straight" shit. Sure they can. I have a feeling PHX covers. Whether they win, no clue. They could.

I just have no interest in that one.

mrs.redbearde has boston 114-107...

we just can't take the Cs or the Suns tonight.

:shake:

well I've decided to make it a sit and watch game as well, I just have a hunch Phoenix covers. :D

most of the celtic points are coming on layups and offensive put backs. perkins controlling the paint. amare is soft.

wow suns fight back. my pho 1st half will cash -4. they were down huge in 1st. i turned it off and just turned it back on. weird.

yo red. tmac is indeed out. went from 11.5 down to 8.5 minny now. i have 11.5 for game and +6 for half line.

Holy shit......I actually middled out of my loss today......

great final play in Cleveland. West had hit 6 of 18 before this, and then he hits the game-winning 18 footer with .6 seconds to go. incredible.

excellent night for me. going to go crash now. unless something appears, I'll be taking Thursday off.

they fought back hard and were down 2-3 right? couldn't keep it together. bobkittens kept shooting.

closest I remember in the 4th Q was down 6 with about 5 minutes to go.

Kobe kept driving into the lane and expecting to get fouls called that he wasn't getting.

Back