NBA Preseason Thoughts & Discussion

Lakers nuggs on.NBA TV at 10. I will tune in..
give me a wager

When did they play last?
Fill me.in.nbafan
What kind of.roster does lal have

The Cavs are gonna be dangerous this year. Varejao is a monster. Such great talent on this squad.

I only watched a bit of the Nets game, but that Teletovic was pretty impressive - almost like a Kevin Love of the East.

yeah i havent followed the nets offseason that closely... these guys have gotten in a lot better shape than last year... brook put on 15 pounds of muscle

problem is with such size around him now, idk if he will use the extra size to battle for more boards... or just let the other guys go after it like last year... i wouldnt want any other center on my team... even dwight the diva howard

Sorry too late. I just like the celtics lineup and think the team has very good pieces. Knicks are a bit of a mess right now. Iman isn't starting because he hasn't shown up I training camp enough. Plus the celtics already have played a game

Going with the pacers +3. Too much hype over Lin in Taiwan. I'll go with the team in the rematch game.

[h=1]C's emotionless for first meeting with Nets[/h] October, 14, 2013 Oct 14
2:15
PM ET

<cite class="byline"> By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com</cite>

nba_u_garnett_gb1_576x324.jpg
<cite>Joe Camporeale/USA TODAY Sports</cite>The Celtics will see old friends Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce on Tuesday in Brooklyn.
WALTHAM, Mass. -- The Boston Celtics visit the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday night at the Barclays Center. As preseason games go, this would seemingly be as intriguing as it gets for games that don't matter.

After all, the two sides completed a nine-player, three-draft pick swap that radically altered both franchises in July and this is the first of what will be six ballyhooed meetings this season (two preseason; four regular season). You'd expect some extra emotion on both sides, but the Celtics downplayed the significance of Tuesday's opponent. Even 13th-year NBA veteran Gerald Wallace shrugged off a trip to play his former employer.

"I got like four former teams, so it ain’t no motivation for me," said Wallace. "Our main thing is to get better, continue to get better, and build on it for the regular season."

Wallace endured maybe his worse season as a pro last year in Brooklyn, but has been one of Boston's best all-around performers through the first half of the team's exhibition slate. Wallace has emphatically stated that he has no desire to revisit the past and his struggles last season with the Nets, pledging only to do all he can to help a young Boston team navigate this transition process as quickly as possible.

What about some of Boston's returning players, guys like Brandon Bass who spent a couple seasons playing alongside Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett?

"Our OGs are no longer here, the young Gs have to step up now," said Bass. "We’re just treating it like a regular game. We’ve got to go out, play hard on both ends and try to get a win."

Yes, the Celtics were largely devoid of emotion after Monday's practice while talking about Tuesday's visit to Brooklyn. Bass said he bumped into Pierce at a boxing match in Las Vegas last month, but said he hasn't really talked to the departed players. Jeff Green echoed that sentiment, noting the lack of communication since the trade went down.

"It just got to a point where it was time to move on, for me," said Green. "They’re gone. I can’t worry about how they feel or how I feel. The trade happened, it happened. When I see them, brief words and then I’ll get ready to play."

Celtics coach Brad Stevens said it would be understandable if some of his players had extra emotions on Tuesday night. But he won't.

"I don’t know [Pierce and Garnett], other than I’m a fan from afar," Stevens said of the players traded to Brooklyn. The Celtics and Nets agreed to the deal on draft night, but didn't execute it until after Stevens was hired in early July. "Certainly, being around this organization, I'm thankful for what they did and what they brought to Boston. Again, their jerseys will be in the rafters and they are special, special players here. I really respect that. But I don’t know them personally. I’ve never met them. I don’t have any extra emotion tied to it, like some of our players will. I think that’s OK to have that."

Pierce has talked previously about the emotions he'll have returning to Boston, suggesting he's unlikely to accompany the Nets when they visit TD Garden on Oct. 23 for another exhibition tilt. No, Pierce plans to wait until the first regular-season meeting here on Jan. 26 to purge those emotions.

Pierce, who will sit out the Nets' game Monday in Philadelphia, could suit up against his former team on Tuesday, but he'll see plenty of new faces on the other side. If Garnett plays on Monday, it will be interesting to see if he takes the night off against Boston on the tail end of a back-to-back.

Bass stressed that the Celtics have too much to work on as a team to worry too much about who is on the floor for the other team.

"[Pierce and Garentt] both helped me out a lot; they did a lot for this organization," said Bass. "I’ll be excited to see them, but at the same time, it’s going to be competitive. We’re going to compete."

Added Bass: "As a young group, we’re focusing on improving every night. I think it will be a lot more emotion in the regular-season games as far as those guys, Paul and Kevin."

Paul Pierce is playing tonight. KG will not.
10:15 a.m.: It won’t be a complete reunion, it appears. Kevin Garnett will not be playing tonight, as Nets coach Jason Kidd is doing as he predicted and taking liberty with when he deploys the veteran forward. Garnett told reporters that the choice wasn’t his decision, and that he wished he was playing. Paul Pierce, who rested Monday, will play tonight, Kidd said. 8 a.m. ET: Paul Pierce has already said he does not plan to suit up for the Nets’ preseason finale in Boston, preferring to wait until the regular season to make his return to the court at TD Garden. So this could be Celtics fans only chance this preseason to see their former hero take on his old team. Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry will host the Celtics in a miniature reunion for all three. Brandon Bass admitted in practice on Monday that this being the preseason, the meeting will not have as much emotion as it will when the Celtics play in Brooklyn on Dec. 10 or in Boston on Jan. 26. Bass and a few of the holdovers from the last couple of seasons will use Tuesday’s game as a chance to prove to their old teammates that things are just fine back in Boston. “The ol’ G’s aren’t here anymore,” Bass said. “The young G’s have to step up now. We’re treating it like a regular game. Got to go out, play hard at both ends and try to get a win.” At least Pierce should be rested. Nets coach Jason Kidd gave Pierce the night off in Philadelphia on Monday as the team began a stretch of three games in four nights.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/10/celtics-net...-face-former-team-for-first-time-in-brooklyn/

again its nets or nothing

i know that boston will be treating this more like a regular season game than a preseason game but the nets are just hands down more talented

mirza and blatche got in a scuffle the other day at practice and supposedly its because of the fierce competition... love it
10:15 a.m.: It won’t be a complete reunion, it appears. Kevin Garnett will not be playing tonight, as Nets coach Jason Kidd is doing as he predicted and taking liberty with when he deploys the veteran forward. Garnett told reporters that the choice wasn’t his decision, and that he wished he was playing. Paul Pierce, who rested Monday, will play tonight, Kidd said. 8 a.m. ET: Paul Pierce has already said he does not plan to suit up for the Nets’ preseason finale in Boston, preferring to wait until the regular season to make his return to the court at TD Garden. So this could be Celtics fans only chance this preseason to see their former hero take on his old team. Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry will host the Celtics in a miniature reunion for all three. Brandon Bass admitted in practice on Monday that this being the preseason, the meeting will not have as much emotion as it will when the Celtics play in Brooklyn on Dec. 10 or in Boston on Jan. 26. Bass and a few of the holdovers from the last couple of seasons will use Tuesday’s game as a chance to prove to their old teammates that things are just fine back in Boston. “The ol’ G’s aren’t here anymore,” Bass said. “The young G’s have to step up now. We’re treating it like a regular game. Got to go out, play hard at both ends and try to get a win.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/10/celtics-net...-face-former-team-for-first-time-in-brooklyn/

10:15 a.m.: It won’t be a complete reunion, it appears. Kevin Garnett will not be playing tonight, as Nets coach Jason Kidd is doing as he predicted and taking liberty with when he deploys the veteran forward. Garnett told reporters that the choice wasn’t his decision, and that he wished he was playing. Paul Pierce, who rested Monday, will play tonight, Kidd said. 8 a.m. ET: Paul Pierce has already said he does not plan to suit up for the Nets’ preseason finale in Boston, preferring to wait until the regular season to make his return to the court at TD Garden. So this could be Celtics fans only chance this preseason to see their former hero take on his old team. Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry will host the Celtics in a miniature reunion for all three. Brandon Bass admitted in practice on Monday that this being the preseason, the meeting will not have as much emotion as it will when the Celtics play in Brooklyn on Dec. 10 or in Boston on Jan. 26. Bass and a few of the holdovers from the last couple of seasons will use Tuesday’s game as a chance to prove to their old teammates that things are just fine back in Boston. “The ol’ G’s aren’t here anymore,” Bass said. “The young G’s have to step up now. We’re treating it like a regular game. Got to go out, play hard at both ends and try to get a win.”

The Indiana Pacers may have touched down at home a couple of days ago from an intercontinental tour, but their sleep-deprived minds and bodies are still lost across the Pacific.

“It’s not good. That is the hardest part right now,” Danny Granger said of the jet lag after the team’s weeklong tour of the Philippines and Taiwan as part of the NBA Global Games schedule. “Half of us are still sleeping; half of us feel real lethargic.”

At least two Pacers needed even more rest Tuesday.

Paul George, battling a 104-degree temperature with bronchitis, didn’t attend practice. Roy Hibbert, lounging in courtside seats wearing flip-flops, stayed off the practice floor. Both players likely will miss the Wednesday night matchup against the Dallas Mavericks — which will serve as a not-so-gentle push for the rest of the Pacers to get it into gear whether their bodies like it or not.

“Hopefully tonight I’ll get some good sleep,” George Hill said. “I haven’t got (sleep) the last two nights.”

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...ing-into-Wednesday-s-preseason-game-vs-Dallas

As the Rockets prepare to face Orlando at 7 p.m. tonight at the Toyota Center, the players are still trying to recover from jet lag.

The team arrived back in Houston after trips to Manila, Philippines and Taipei, Taiwan on Sunday evening. They took Monday off and were back in the gym on Tuesday for practice.

At shoot-around Wednesday, they were still feeling the effects from travel.

“I am still pretty tired,” Chandler Parsons said. “Everyone is trying to adjust and get used to normal time but I think everyone has pretty much been waking up in the middle of the night and they are trying to get their sleeping patterns back and not go to sleep in the middle of the day. That’s what gets you. I think we will be alright in a couple of days.

“I think every day we come in and practice you get more wind, you get back to your normal routine. It is just going to take some time. It is something that everyone who goes over there goes through. I mean, we are not 100 percent right now but I’m sure we will be in a couple of days.”

Jeremy Lin said that despite being tired, he thinks the Rockets will play with a lot of intensity tonight. And after tonight, there will be more time to rest since they don’t play again until Monday when the Mavericks come to town.

“Having some time between this game and our next is definitely going to help,” he said.

Dwight Howard said that although the team is sluggish from the trip, the experience of traveling together was good for the team.

“I am very sluggish,” Howard said. “Just tired for no reason. Coming back from those trips is always tough but it was a good time for us to bond and get to know each other. Those young guys will recover faster but I think the trip was good for us.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...from-jet-lag-as-next-game-approaches/#16820-4

Weird movement if they are out. Opened around 4.5, went down to 3, now I see 5.5. Got in on mavs + 4 and nervous how it's moved

Knicks-Wizards tickets selling briskly for Baltimore Arena game[TABLE="width: 300"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff, colspan: 3"][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 8"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Baltimore Arena officials expect Thursday night’s preseason NBA game between the New York Knicks and Washington Wizards to be near capacity.
The game marks the first time in 14 years the Wizards will play in Baltimore.
Frank Remesch, general manager of the arena, said in an email Thursday morning that “a couple thousand” tickets for the Baltimore Basketball Classic remained. Capacity for the 7 p.m. game is 12,500.
The Wizards last traveled to Baltimore in October 1999, when the team defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers, 112-99, in a preseason game.
The game will also be a homecoming of sorts for Knicks superstar forward Carmelo Anthony, who moved from New York to Baltimore when he was 8.
The 52-year-old arena has recently made enhancements to the basketball floor, shot clocks, rims and backboards. The upgrades were also made as the venue prepares to host the Colonial Athletic Association men’s basketball tournament in 2014.

Interesting thoughts. What are your record for this pre season?
Yesterday i was all over Spurs -2. Last quarter killed me

Brett Brown just called a timeout with 2.9 seconds left in the 1H to try and set up a play on offense... 2H overs should be in play with him right down to the wire this season.

Played Mavs -6.5. No Horford for the Hawks tonight. Hawks on a B2B have to travel to Dallas. I think they will rest some of their starters a bit. Dirk should play alot tonight after resting in the last preseason game. Should be an easy double digit win for the Mavs.

Nets resting their starting 5 tonight, still not sure if I want to lay 2.5 with the Cs.

Playing the Clips -7.5 against the Jazz. Jazz off a B2B losing by 14 to the Lakers. Clips are rested, and expect Doc not to pull some BS and rest a bunch of starters tonight with only one PS game left on Friday. Looking to lock in the UNDER in this one too when the totals come out.

Played Mavs -6.5. No Horford for the Hawks tonight. Hawks on a B2B have to travel to Dallas. I think they will rest some of their starters a bit. Dirk should play alot tonight after resting in the last preseason game. Should be an easy double digit win for the Mavs.

Nets resting their starting 5 tonight, still not sure if I want to lay 2.5 with the Cs.

UPDATE: Gustavo Ayon, Al Horford, Kyle Korver, Paul Millsap and Lou Williams are not with us in Dallas.

Mavs line will leak up. Wouldnt be surprised if its up to 8.5 by game time. Id jump on it now if you want to play it.

Today im watching rested T wolves playing against the poor 76ers. Got -1.5 for T wolves.
Also considering to put a good amount on a parlay with Nuggets and Clippers, but havent gathered any info about whats happening tonight with those two. If you have any info, share please.

The Nuggets will not have Kenneth Faried (hamstring), Wilson Chandler (hamstring), Nate Robinson (hamstring) or Darrell Arthur (quad) for tonight’s game. Faried, who has already missed the Nuggets last game, said he doesn’t expect to play anymore in the preseason.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/

Not having Faried in there probably plays better for the over (Javale McGee + Kenneth Faried on the floor at the same time = over bettor's nightmare) although, having said that, the Suns don't look much improved over last season (well, unless Eric Bledsoe plans on taking all of their shots).

So strange

NBA Preseason: What will be the GAME RESULT?
Cold
Bulls: Win or Single Digit Loss96.6%@ Thunder: Win By Double Digits3.4%
Not Started

The Nuggets will not have Kenneth Faried (hamstring), Wilson Chandler (hamstring), Nate Robinson (hamstring) or Darrell Arthur (quad) for tonight’s game. Faried, who has already missed the Nuggets last game, said he doesn’t expect to play anymore in the preseason.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/

Not having Faried in there probably plays better for the over (Javale McGee + Kenneth Faried on the floor at the same time = over bettor's nightmare) although, having said that, the Suns don't look much improved over last season (well, unless Eric Bledsoe plans on taking all of their shots).

Thanks man :D

So strange

NBA Preseason: What will be the GAME RESULT?
Cold
Bulls: Win or Single Digit Loss96.6%@ Thunder: Win By Double Digits3.4%
Not Started

What's so strange about this? It's a game with a point spread of 1, and it seems that most everyone who voted feels it will be a game that OKC won't win by more than 9 points. Am I missing something? Or do you just see it as strange that so many people feel that way? How many people voted would be the first question I think should be asked.

Any news on the Nets? Ive been told Deron, Joe Johnson, Garnett, Brook Lopez, and Pierce are out...
The Brooklyn Nets (as had been expected) will sit their entire likely starting five on Wednesday night, the team announced. No new injuries, just Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, Pierce and Garnett getting the night off.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....est-entire-starting-five-vs-boston-wednesday/

Meh... I could see the likes of Teletovic, Plumlee and Terry putting up some points in this one (the C's really aren't going to be very good this season), but it could just as easily be a romp. Who knows...

Back