NBA Preseason 10/8-10/14

Marcus000

Fondy's bitch
NBA Preseason Record: 0-0

As usual all this is for small amount plays as its the preseason.

Cavs -5.5 vs Wizards

Reading the Washington papers it sounds like Arenas will be a game time decision if he plays and probably will be doing a play 1 game, take 1 game off thing most of the preseason to not tax his repaired knee. Etan Thomas is the only player confirmed out. As for the Cavs of course Pav and Varejao are out as they haven't resigned yet. The Cleveland paper has Brown saying that the starters will probably play a good deal of minutes in this game and then they will be rested in one of the next 2 games. If thats the case then gotta go with the Cavs in this one. Even if Arenas does start and play its hard to see them trying to push him to much. Wizards are fielding a 17 player roster so they definately will be throwing in different players to get looks at to make decisions on who to keep on longer or not.

Houston at New Orleans

No play on this one. Houston with a new coach will be taking the preseason to learn a new system. Tonight will be just the basics and trying to gel as a unit on it. Adelman said there will be 10-11 players tonight avg 15 minutes or so on the floor. As for New Orleans, Scott has said 4 out of the 5 starters will see about 15-20 min of action with Peterson probably getting more as he needs more time to adapt. There will be more of a look at reserve players to see who can provide help for the team this year. Ely is confirmed out with a viral infection.

Bulls at Bucks

Skiles has said the Bulls starters will avg less then 20 minutes on the floor tonight. Gordon might not play as he rolled an ankle in practice. Joe Smith and Sefolosha have also been listed as doubtful for the game. So with that Noah, James-On, and Aaron Gray could see a good amount of minutes in this game. As for the Bucks, who really knows what the hell is going on. Krystkowiak hasn't set on a starting lineup yet and doesn't even know what kind of rotation he is gonna use. I would give a lean to the Bulls just on the fact Skiles actually knows wtf he is doing with his roster, but due to the fact this game will probably be more of a test run for the rookies/bench players I'm laying off.

Spurs at Dallas

Tony Parker, Jacque Vaughn, and Udrih are all out for this game. All the older players (Duncan, Bowen, Horry, Finley) will see sparse minutes. As for the Mavs, confirmed out of this game are Dampier, Devean George, Eddie Jones, and Mbenga. Diop is probable after leaving Monday's practice with an illness. I've read both the Dallas and Fort Worth papers and haven't seen anything about Avery's plans for this game, but I'm sure its the standard as anything with starters getting 15-20 minutes. With the Spurs having 3 guards out for this game and the older players playing sparse minutes I have to give the Mavs the advantage here.

Adding:

Mavs -4.5 vs Spurs

Clippers at Nuggets

Elton Brand, Shaun Livingston, Chris Kaman are all out for the Clippers. As for the Nuggets Kenyon Martin and Anthony Carter are confirmed out with Najera, Steven Hunter, and Chucky Atkins all doubtful to play. Again another game where I can't find out either coaches plans for this preseason game. So with that said I just expect the usual setup. Nuggets are a high favorite but even with the injuries to Brand, Livingston, and Kaman I think the Clippers have a deep enough roster to make this more interesting then thought. If this was a regular season game there is no way I could even think about playing the Clippers, but since its preseason I'll take the shot. Nuggets definately have the advantage on the starters front with the injuries to the Clippers, but I think the Clips can use their experienced depth through the rest of the game to keep it closer.

Adding:

Clippers +7.5
at Denver

Seattle at Sacramento

Hawes out of course for the Kings as it was announced he will require surgery on his knee. Garcia is questionable as he turned his ankle in practice on Saturday. Artest had an MRI on his knee but is expected to play. Theus has said he isn't set with his starting lineup yet. As for the Sonics, Szczerbiak, Gelebale, Swift, and Kurt Thomas are all out. Carlesimo has stated he hasn't set a starting lineup yet and doesn't even know yet the rotation of the team or even which players will get time. With all this said, no play on this as both teams with new coaches, new setups, and both not sure of any setup to be used yet regarding lineups/rotation.

Warriors vs Lakers

Nelly plans to start Baron Davis, Azubuike, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, and Beidrins for tonights game. Monta Ellis is doubtful with a neck sprain. There was nothing about what Nelly plans to do with the minutes for starters or rotation of players for this game. As for the Lakers, Luke Walton and Odom are confirmed out. Nothing about starters minutes/rotation as well.

This game is being played in Hawaii. I would give a lean to the Warriors as Jackson really could careless about preseason games. I can't see Kobe getting much in minutes and most of it will probably be used for rookies/reserve players.

Adding:

Golden State PK
vs Lakers

So as I finish up my writeups I see the lame ass Cavs getting their asses kicked at HT by 16 points. Preseason basketball at its best. But anyways my plays for tonight:

Cavs -5.5 (haha)
Dallas -4.5
Clippers +7.5
Golden State PK

2007 NBA Preseason Record: 2-2

Atlanta -4 vs Charlotte

Until Charlotte can put out players on the floor that can defend I will fade them in the preseason and regular season alike.

Detroit +1 at Cleveland

Cleveland was horrible in the first game. LeBron wasn't trying to do too much which is expected during preseason but the whole rest of the team just looked horrible. The reserve players and players fighting for roster spots also weren't impressive at all. Detroit looks to be very deep this year as their reserves and rookies looked damn impressive in the first game. Looks like another year where Cleveland is gonna have to count on its starters the whole year and with that I'll bet on Detroit because of all around depth and confidence even when they sub they are putting in players that can do something.

Golden State PK vs Lakers

Going back to the well on this one. Golden State gave up a huge ass lead thanks to their reserve players but its hard to see their reserves playing that horrible again tonight. Plus the starters didn't even play the 2nd half in that game which I think will change tonight as they should see some minutes in the 2nd half. Golden State showed they are more talented on the starters front then the Lakers and like I said I can't see the Golden State reserves playing as badly (especially Matt Barnes).

If anyone is still up this Lakers game is actually pretty insane. I talked about the reserves playing better, well Nelly felt the same as as he has played mostly reserves the whole game lol Fun to watch

Hawks win and cover by the hair on my chiny chin chin. Detroit got stupid and fouled with 0.4 seconds left, Cleveland hit both FT's to send the game to OT where the Detroit reserves just shit the bed. And for once I was actually right. Golden State reserve players were able to actually play better. So much that they pretty much beat the entire Lakers team lol Nelly decided to give the reserve/rookie players and 2 starters the ability to play the game (hence no Baron Davis, Al Harrington, or Biedrins). And I must say Kobe looks honestly like he could careless right now. I know its only preseason but even for preseason he looks like he doesn't give a shit.

2007 NBA Preseason Record: 4-3

precise: congrats then bro

Orlando beats the living hell out of Miami to cover easily and Seattle wins SU to easily cover as well. 2-0 nght.

2007 NBA Preseason Record: 6-3

Back