NBA Playoffs Round 2

smh212

Awesomeitus Degenerate
8-10 +1.66 units

Some really good calls to end round 1 (Indiana and Under), some bad calls (Clips and Under). Now that we have gotten out of the round 1 marathon that took 2 fuckin weeks to play, the games comes fast and furious. I'd also like to congratulate the Chicago Bulls. They are a true TEAM. I would love to see what would happen if D.Rose was able (willingly?) to join the party.

PACERS +5.5 (1) and PACERS +195 (.5)
My line: NY -3

I'm on the Pacers bandwagon. From a betting perspective I believe I can make more money betting them on ML each game, then taking the series price I'm being offered of $1.65.
The Knicks just finished a very emotional series win over Boston. The pressure from outside sources was just as great as the pressure on the court. You had the "funeral" game, which lead to a game 6, which saw them almost blow a 20+ pt lead. The Knicks were the better team in the Boston series, but they are not the better team in this series. They won't be able to get away with their bullshit against a Pacers team that is well coached, and knows their roles. I find the value in game 1 to be tremendous, and really like the Pacers to win this one SU.

Good Luck.

what a surprise...sixers guys fading the knicks....You gon learn today

what a surprise...sixers guys fading the knicks....You gon learn today

Who I root for as a fan doesn't affect how I bet. You're right. I did learn. I learned the Knicks aren't ready for prime time.

Great game by Melo.

Last edited:
5/7/13

10-10 +3.63 units

PACERS +6 (.65) and PACERS +220 (.35)
My line: Knicks -3

Not much has changed for me from game 1. Pacers are the better team. Knicks will be motivated, but still going to bet my number.

MEMPHIS +2.5 (.6) and MEMPHIS +125 (.4)

My line: OKC -1

I think Memphis is the better ball club and will win this series. That being said, I think they take this one and tie the series up. +125 is excellent value IMO.

Good Luck.

:cheers:

10-10 +3.63 units

PACERS +6 (.65) and PACERS +220 (.35)
My line: Knicks -3

Not much has changed for me from game 1. Pacers are the better team. Knicks will be motivated, but still going to bet my number.

MEMPHIS +2.5 (.6) and MEMPHIS +125 (.4)

My line: OKC -1

I think Memphis is the better ball club and will win this series. That being said, I think they take this one and tie the series up. +125 is excellent value IMO.

Good Luck.

knicks tho

5/11 NBA Action

11-11 +3.66 units

Split out on Tuesday netting a monster $3.00. Mokey's Knicks got the win, and to be honest, I'm kinda happy the way it went down as I believe it attributed to the value I perceive to be available in game 3 both on the side and total.

PACERS -4 (.75) and UNDER 184 (.75)
My line: Ind -6 182

The Knicks open as 5.5 pt favorites in game 1 of this series. My numbers say the Pacers are the better team so having to lay 4 is some nice value IMO. As for the total, the Knicks scored 32 points off 20+ turnover for the Pacers in game 2. I expect the Pacers to exercise better ball control in game 3. I like the Pacers to win the game, and I believe that goes hand and hand with the game being played in the mid to high 80's.

Good Luck.

:shake:

Totally agree. Selfishly was hoping for a bit less, but the line reflects the better team here.

Totally agree. Selfishly was hoping for a bit less, but the line reflects the better team here.

knicks were fav by 6 at home tho....what did that line reflect? what should pacers be fav by after getting blown out the building in game 2?

5/10/13

Spurs/GS UNDER 203 (.75)

Expecting a tighter game tonight.

Mia/Chi UNDER 187 (.75)

Close to betting Chicago, but can't quite pull the trigger. If Chi comes to play, the game should be played in the high 80's.

Mokey- IMO, line should have been NY -3 not 6, so that being said, it reflected a biased towards the wrong team.

Good Luck.

5/13/13

YTD: 13-11 +5.08

Pacers continue to show their dominance over NY. Game 2 was clearly a fluke, and game 3 was played at the Pacers pace, thus allowing me to cash both the Pacers -4 ticket and under. Game 4 is also in Indiana, and despite the Knicks facing a 3-1 deficit if they lose the oddsmakers have moved the number up to Indy -5 getting ever so close to my number of Indy -6. I fear the value is slipping away. IMO Indiana is the better team, but the point spread is the great equalizer. Still debating if I'm going to sit out game 4 or not. If Indiana wins as expected, It will be interesting to see what number the Knicks get painted in game 5 if they find themselves down 3-1. My number would remain 3 as I stated at the start of the series.

Onto tonight.....

BULLS +8 (.85) AND BULLS +325 (.15) AND UNDER 185.5 (.75)
My line: Mia -6.5

Game 3 was a game....until about the 6 minute mark of the 4th QTR when he Heat pulled away. A couple days rest will benefit the Bulls, who will not receive any reinforcements, but should benefit from some rest. The Bulls strategy of 90's hoops is a solid one, they just need to cut down on the stupid technical fouls. Biggest concern for me, is the Heat are yet to play their best ball, and that's scary. The under goes hand-in-hand with Chicago making it game.

OKC +4.5 (.6) and OKC +170 (.15)
My line: Mem -3.5

I can't imagine OKC playing worse than they did in game 3, and yet, they still had a chance to win thast thing at the end. I'm expecting a close game that comes down to the wire. May not get the SU win, but 4.5 should cover me.

Good Luck.

:shake:

5/14/14

YTD: 14-14 +3.93

Sitting out the Knicks game tonight, as I believed the Pacers would win in 6, and this is game I can see NY winning, creating a false sense of hope, and creating value for the Pacers in game 5.
Did bet a prop for this Knicks game:

CHANDLER OVER OVER 16.5 PTs/REBS (.5), +105

I expect Tyson to back up his cryptic message tonight. Prior to this series, Chandler had his way with Roy, this series Roy has been having his way with Roy. Is 5 pts and 12 rebounds too much to ask?

SPURS 1st qtr, 1.5, -115 (.5)

Expecting the Spurs to come out early and set the tone here. If Curry is struggling with the ankle, it will show in the 1st qtr before he gets a chance to get warm, and more importantly while Jack is on the bench. This is a "wait and bet" game for me IF I can stay awake...lol.

Good Luck.:cheers:

Exactly how I see the NYK/Indy series hence why I also laid off the Pacers today, will be most likely fading the winner of this game next time out either way.

BOL on the plays, Smh...

Exactly how I see the NYK/Indy series hence why I also laid off the Pacers today, will be most likely fading the winner of this game next time out either way.

BOL on the plays, Smh...
I agree as well fellas on how to approach this.

Thanks fellas. Two easy wins tonight, but despite the strategy laid out above, it's gonna be hard to lay the points with the Knicks. I'm hoping the oddsmakers make the adjustment and settle on my line of NY -3. I'm willing to add a point for the situation so call it NY -4. It's a bet at 4, but given the fact that the oddsmakers gotta make a line for the market to consume, I'm expecting a 5 to 5.5.

5/16/14

YTD: 16-14 +4.95 units

I laid the strategy out previously and now it's time to execute:

KNICKS -4.5
My line: NY -5

After being torn apart in games 3 and 4 in Indiana, it's time for the Knicks to execute some pride. My hope is that they do it with conviction, so I can get a good price with Indiana and pound them in Game 6.

Good Luck.

PACER -5 (1.5)
My line: Indy -7

Sticking to the script. Played NY in game 5. Got the win there, which helped set up one of my larger bets of playoffs on Indiana. Been sayin it from game 1: Pacers are the better team. Tonight I like them to impose their will on NY an close the series out with a double digit win.

Good Luck

Back