NBA Playoffs Game 5's

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
Alright... what's going on with road teams. The Celtics didn't even need to play DECENT last night to win. A slightly better than POOR performance would have beaten the Cavs by 7 or 8... poor FT%, 3%, TO's, etc... pathetic. Not the same team they were in the regular season. You have to think Doc might have ran these guys into the ground and they just don't have anything in the tank without the crowd behind them.

Tonight... I usually don't like backing up a team after some borderline star, in this case starter, in Nelson makes a guarantee.... but I think the Magic play harder than ANY other game this season. Billups still a ? mark... I was on the Stons' in G4 but I think the Magic to respond and believe they have a 50/50 shot to win SU. I'll take 2-3 possessions though.

Magic +6 $550 to win $500
Magic ML $50 to win $132.50

Undecided on the late game.

i'm not sure that doc running them into the ground is what is wrong. They all averaged career lows in minutes, and they were all given plenty of rest down the stretch. There is something else not clicking. The Defensive intensity was there last night, which seemed to be the problem in the playoff away games. They don't have the same rhythm on offense as they did in the regular season. They moved the ball so well and go so many open looks for Paul, Ray and whoever else was in the game. Everyone thinks that getting Sam Cassell has helped us so much. I don't really see it. He totally ruins our flow on offense. He is a shot first guard and he doesn't get the other guys involved like rondo does. If Sam isn't making his shots he is absolutely worthless out there. They just need more motion in there offense and bring the D and they will be fine.

good luck on your plays

Agree on the magic here. They should play with an intensity we havn't seen yet trying to avoid elimination. We know they are capable of winning in a hostile environment in the playoffs too.

I never agreed with his substitution patterns. He takes KG out till almost the 6 min mark of the 4th last night? PJ Brown and Cassel see way too much time.

He should never have a lineup on the floor without 1 of the big 3, and should be usually 2 w/ Posey.

There were alot of double digit wins where KG finished on the court.

Being a Bulls fan, I know what this is and feels like... looks like they are shooting flat jumpers but don't have the extra step to make it up on O boards, or creating easy opportunities.... They continue to double Lebron for what reason I don't know. Last time I checked you don't need to double him until he's driving. He's the all-time worst playoff shooter since the merger.

Clearly this team feasted on playing harder in the regular season than average teams playing w/ average effort. They will win this series but really don't stand a chance against the first team that comes in and splits in their building. Whether it be Detroit, LAL or anyone else.

Spek maybe you can touch on this as well

From watching all of the 1st round and now the first 4 games of the 2nd round. I'm seeing absolutely zero urgency out of the Boston crew. We are not seeing that killer instinct. That really bothers me, of course we new they weren't going to lose to Atlanta, but this team better wake up and start playing 100% from here on out, otherwise I will be reading another sappy Bill Simmons article.

They need to add a true spark plug or something off the bench. Rondo will be fine... but Pierce and Allen look tired. Allen probably due to age and Pierce from defending Lebron the entire game...

I'm surprised they never go small... play the big 3 w/ Rondo and Posey and let Posey guard Lebron. Pierce needs to be the man on offense, not the average defender on Lebron.

Yeah they were... kind of owed one from that last Orlando +6.5... fishy ending to both games.

Hornets -5 2H -105 $157.50 to win $150

Can't help but think they win this 3q...

Hornets -3 3Q -115 $920 to win $800

Last edited:
wow spek throwing out alot of dough!! good health. i'm on the over 46.5 for 3rd. hope we cash both.

Back