NBA Playoff Debut

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
Weekend RECAP

6-5 (counting LAL OVR and game OVER as 2 losses)

0-4 on totals:seeya:
6-1 on spreads:smiley_acbe:

+$1,175

Just some unfortunate beats on the totals. Lost Boston 2H Under by 1 point. Lost LAL over 110 by 1 point... with a ton of missed free throws and a layup by D Williams that sat on the rim for about 10 minutes. 2-1 on spreads Friday, 2-0 on them Sat and 2-0 with Boston 1Q and game on Sunday. Should be up alot more but bad beats on totals... will try to steer clear of them going forward.

-----------------------------
Alright haven't made many NBA selections this year. Have done alright but every time I post a pick I seem to come out on the wrong side. Uh oh!

Celtics -8.5 $500-455

Cavs +140 ML $500-$700

Celtics
have been embarrassed twice now on the road. In both games they really let Atlanta run off several points in a row without an answer. They cannot afford to lose tonight if the Cavs finish their business and go into the next round vs. a rest team on 1 or 2 days of rest. I see a close game with the Celtics pulling away late in the 3rd quarter. 8.5 is alot of road chalk but with it being an elimination game... late game fouling, desperation 3 point shooting, and inability to make key defensive stops could also give the Celtics a moose cover. Very similar situation to Detroit last night... at some point it's time to move on and being down 2-3 after a tough beatdown will be hard to bounce back from. I do expect a better showing than the Sixers pathetic display last night.

Cavs ML
just has too much value for me to pass up. I missed +155 earlier! Wow. Cavs seem to play good in these elimination spots on the road over the past few seasons in the playoffs and should close this one out on the road like they did I believe in '06. They dominate the glass and have already won a game there. They really fumbled the last game away and I think they'll rise up and get it done tonight. Butler had to shoot 50%, and 50% from 3 and hit a heroic shot for them to win on the road.... Daniels is hobbled and is pushing himself with tons of minutes... I think it might catch up to them tonight. Cleveland won't shoot 37% again. The line is down a full point, or 20% vig, however you look at it.

Last edited:
2-1 +$700

Thanks guys... looking hard at tonight's games... recent trends just from memory says the Stons take this game off... but I have a feeling the Magic are in here a rude awakening here.... want to see what BAR thinks with his Pistons tonight.

Lean NOK as of right now... Spurs IMO really lost 3/5 of those games and NOK shouldn't make the mistakes the Suns did.... poor FT shooting, inability to inbound, etc.

Sexy night Spek

Detroit plays better without layoffs...this is a perfect scenario. I will just wait this out but my lean is Det and the Hova

More I look into it your right... just can't get that game 1 vs. Miami a few years back out of my memory. That was after a brutal series versus the Cleveland James' though which went 7 I believe.

I have a gut feeling laying both chalks will get you no worse than 1-1 tonight.

Wait out the line or wait out as in no action BAR?

No action..a day of..my only axction today was taken outta a hat..Cowboy cal I believe? LMAO

Going to follow the money and take a stab at the over in Detroit. Like them also to cover the spread here... we have a very popular public underdog... and I love going against that. #s in other threads support this play... Magic really do not match up well defensively. Magic have been talking like the Pistons don't want to get up and down with them... but I don't see them being afraid to do so.

Pistons -6.5 $550-500

Over 190 $550-500

Leaning Hornets right now... will look into it later though. Very strong team off extended rest and played great game 1 vs. the Mavs. Like Spurs in game 2, but not tonight.

Still not too happy about drinking that over kool-aid. Detroit looking good right now though...

Hornets -3 $550-500

I think they win this game and take the series. However, with a win here sets up a situational must win for the Spurs in game 2. Depending on how this game looks/feels we'll have to look at that.

If Detroit covers.... I'll double that bet to $1100-1000.

Going to look at tomorrow's set of games a bit later.

2-1 last night +$950
4-2 Playoffs
+$1650
4-1 Spreads +$2200
0-1 Totals -$550

RECAP:
Well last night ended up good with the Hornets doing their job. Kind of got a bit crazy after splitting in Detroit... when I should have came out 1-0. Nothing more upsetting than watching an over toasted in the first 15 minutes of a game. Hornets showed they are a SUPERIOR team to SAS.... yes that's right. Chandler is the perfect defender for Duncan and unless SAS can get him in foul trouble Duncan will not be putting up 30 points a game like he did vs. the Suns. Bowen on Paul is a joke and the only way they can stop him is to rough him up... and I'm sure the refs will be watching everything that scumbag Bowen does. Taking Bowen away from the Swing men allows Peja to roam freely... and he had some BIG offensive put backs and tip ins last night as a result. Funny to say.. but Pargo vs. Finley favors Pargo... final score wasn't reflective of the game for the first 36 minutes... but I felt the Hornets were lucky the way they were playing to be so close at that point. One other thing... that Bonzi Wells trade was highway robbery... this guy is a playoff animal.

Will post final selections soon.

Lean Boston, undecided on Utah/LAL and DO agree with BAR & others in that there's some value on the over there. I know I said I'd stay away from overs/totals... but in the regular season this game could hit 220-225 easily. I don't think either team wants to slow the pace and the Jazz should feel free from playing Houston and that 160 point pace.

=========================

SUNDAY

Boston 1Q -4.5 -125 $600-480 :thumbsup:
Boston -14.5 $550-500
:thumbsup:
Boston has won the 1Q at home by 8, 4, and 8. Averaging about 6.7 points better than the Hawks. I like them to come out strong after becoming a pretty much joke in this series. Props to the Hawks as they at home look much more like a 4-5 seed in the East rather than a sub .500 team. On the road it's ALL different. Bibby, just like in Sac... plays poorly on the road... Rondo on the other hand... really feeds off the crowd at home and makes better decisions. The vet Celtics are not foreign to early starts.. and about 36 hours ago the Hawks were celebrating putting this series to 7 games? Sure that's an accomplishment... but it's still really not an accomplishment. Early start also makes me feel they won't pull their foot off the pedal after all the beef in this series and they are about 20 points better in a playoff scenario at home.

I also love fading public dogs... and that's exactly what Atlanta is here.

Before the line crawls any higher... going to tail and play..

LAL.UTAH OVR 213 $550-500
Boston game looks like it could go under... and eventually we're going to see an over run. What better spot than two teams with extremely efficient offenses and rather weak interior defenses. Gasol/Boozer will not stop one another & no answer for Kobe defensively, and no answer for Williams on the other end.

Last edited:
Boston.Atl UND 93 2H $330-300 L

Wow could have gone either way there...phew... some cheapo defense and good shooting from the 2nd units put it over by a point....

LAL OVR 110 $575-500
on top of previous posted over bet.

Last edited:
Back