NBA Monday...

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
Plays:

Rockets -3 -120 18 Units to Win 15.0 Units

Thoughts:

Bored @ Work so going to get some thoughts going.

3-1 last night ending up DOWN because I went huge on Detroit. Philly early and Denver 1Q cashed making the night only negative 3 1/2 Units.

76ers @ Cats

Would lean 76ers here. Won on the back end of their last B2B but nothing consistent going on there to really base this play on. They surely shut it down last night and got it going again when they had to. Last effort on the road at Minny was concerning. I think we might have the Eastern Conference version of the Jazz growing before us... eventually should be an unstoppable home team but I think this will be a below .500 road team. As of right now, no play.

Rockets @ Heat

Heat's great start gives us alot of value here for the Rockets. This game has mismatches everywhere for the Rockets to exploit. PG play favors Rockets, Wade obviously is better than McGrady and is the Heat's only chance... if they trap him and make the rest of the team shoot the Rockets should win this one easy. Small ball may work but I don't see it working here. Rockets lost last year here SU and ATS as big favorites because Shaq if I remember correctly decided to play hard and the Heat squeaked out what was then one of their first wins. I don't see that happening tonight. Rockets favored 3, Magic were favored 2.5... so roughly books saying Heat is 5.5 worse than Magic on a nuetral court and that seems about right to me. Always wary of taking this public favs but to me 76ers and Hornets seem more "public" than going against a team above .500 with the Heat.

SAS @ Grizzlies

Grizzlies were favored a couple vs. the Jazz at home and get rolled and now give 2 to the Spurs? Hmmm... Don't like backing SAS here but why would you put money on this Memphis team that is crying out for some defense and a consistent shooter.

Kings @ Portland

Kings probably will be getting a dozen by tip. Portland covered this # on the road vs. them last week but the Kings were competitive until late in the 3rd. They shot extremely well last night. If Portland wants this game... they should have it. Expect better defense tonight from the Blazers than what the Lakers displayed last night. Lack of K Mart and those type of offensive performances that you saw from SAC will be rare in occurance... especially on the road. Lean Blazers and Blazers Team Total Over.

NO @ LAC

I don't want to touch this game just yet. NO should win but besides beating OK CITY down twice they were struggling. Good trip, perhaps Clippers rejuvinated after trade? 0-2 but did compete for the win only to lose by 1 to Philly on Friday. Would lean NO but right now no play.

Chicago @ Utah

Lean Utah team total over. Bulls not playing great defense right now.. they create alot of turnovers but have no post defense going on right now. Don't know about game over b/c of the B2B situation for the Bulls and the fact their dealing with the altitude issues.... but Utah should have high % shots and the Bulls are running a pace they probably aren't tuned up to do so just yet.

Mil @ Orlando

Perhaps value in Mil here which has shown they can win on the road. Bogut has the chance to make Howard work on the defensive end... but I don't see value in taking Milw here. Especially off of Orlando's 1st loss. See Tuck's thread for this... recent trends actually show Orlando laying less than DD's is the only play.

I'm likely to add a ML Parlay of HOU/ORL that pays almost EVEN $$$$.

Last edited:
Also the final game of the road trip for the Rockets before coming home for 5 of their next 6 games.

Adding:

Rockets -3 -120 18 Units to Win 15.0 Units

Love for reasons mentioned above. Better team, had Heat not started out so well... you'd see a 6, 7 or 8 point spread. Expect to see 4 or 4.5 by tip off. Rockets want to end this trip with a statement.

Can't hate all public plays. Like I said need to evaluate the games based on the rosters at hand. Do I feel as comfortable laying 5.5 with the Hornets tonight vs. the Clippers based on their recent play, and roster matchups? No. Majority of public just assumes the Hornets are better and will win big. But to me that's a public play worth avoiding.

Up 9 with 9 minutes left, late line movement in game was fishy.

Miami for 3, here it starts.... Rockets lead now 6

Houston wins going away...

Adding:

Bulls 2H +6 -105 5.25 Units to Win 5.00 Units

Hornets Team Total OVER 95.5 -115 5.75 Units to Win 5.00 Units

nice cash on rockets, hornets look good but im a bit skeptical still. possibly a 2nd half play

Thanks guys:shake:

Really read some good points on Hornets (big public play) and the over. So I just made a hybrid of the two and took the team total. Hopefully Bulls win this game. I would have played Hornets but I wasn't about to play 6.5 when I could have had 5 earlier.

Well that f'in stinks. My I PHONE Espn and Yahoo text messaging both had Bulls down 6 at half... when it was 8. I really wouldn't have had as much confidence in them to cover any spread for the game. Ah well.

Back