NBA Monday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
After being down 34 units not long ago, I'm back in "SeaGreen", as CTG sig colors state :D. Hope I stay here for good, it's nice to be back. It's like you can breathe easier, the world is beautiful again...:36_11_6:

Ok let's cut to the chase.

This should be a solid spot to lay double digits. The Jazz are coming off a few sub par games, two losses, now back home against a shorthanded team in a funk.
Nets' biggest problem isn't even missing Carter, even though they definitely can't compensate for his offensive production, but the fact their bench players haven't been able to carry out games. Krstic is still not himself following an injury, Jefferson's FG% isn't impressive, these guys rely on Kidd to do the job, but that hasn't proven to be an effective strategy as far as keeping games close, let alone winning games.
After a solid start (4-1) they are now losers of 5 straight, and frankly I don't think they can keep themselves in this one. Utah are stacked with talent, size, they have this all round aspect, several very versatile players, they can exploit opponents' weaknesses in more ways than one. Deron v Kidd should be interesting, an NBA veteran PG against one of the biggest talents in the league, and quite probably a future star. I love the fact they have Brewer and Harpring who can both score, and Deron should get more minutes with Hart out of the picture. Millsap, Okur, Kirilenko, of which two of them can score from the perimeter as well...this is a dangerous team, with a couple of unguardable players.
Jazz have more men to rely on, they're at home after consecutive losses, they're playing a shorthanded team stuck in a bad run...
I like it. Expecting a 105-85 kind of game.

Jazz (-10.5) (1.92 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

I've been leaning Seattle to cover as well, but I do rate Memphis as the better team here so I'm reluctant to pull the trigger. Seattle has been staying in games, Memphis has done that as well (against some classy opposition), but I still haven't seem enough of the Grizzlies as favorites, can they blow out anyone at the moment? Because I wouldn't want to rely on whether some meaningless buzzer beater covers this one or not. I do think Memphis wins this one within 12 points, whether they will cover or not, tough to say.

Also leaned NOH, but can't back them without Paul who is likely to sit out.

Chris Paul
is doubtful to play tonight because of a sprained right ankle (leads the NBA in assists (10.8) and steals (3.2))

Scott said Chris Paul probably would miss Monday night's home game against Orlando and possibly Wednesday night's home game against Indiana. But Paul said he was hoping to be ready to play Monday.
"There's just no need, 11th game of the season, to try to risk it," Scott said. "We're just going to sit him down for a few games and see how he feels."

Not sure if I can back the Magic at b2b off an emotional win (up by 20 then behind by 1 then win) solely based on the absence of Paul. Actually, I can't. Other games do not attract my interest at the moment.

Good luck guys. :cheers:

Thats how we roll.. scooping up that magic play was too easy ( not really ) but it was still a sexy pick

yep good job abcs :cheers: it was quite a scare, not to mention I was sure Pierce's buzzer beater would go in...but anyways, we cashed in. Man those Celtics are tough :D.
GL tonight man. :cheers:

whoswho, GL :shake:

Yea even though the magic were up the whole way. Celtics blew the game at the end. Missed easy layups and free throws by a 95% shooter. Magic have no wing who can create his own shot off the dribble.

Back