NBA Monday selections (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 55 W-1 V-46 L +34.52 units
----------------------------------------------------------------
0-2 last night, no chance whatsoever, total blowouts both games I picked. Let's try to bounce back tonight.

Grizzlies - Nets

Not the biggest fan of the totals but I like this one a lot. The bookies estimated it at 206.5, which I think is a tad low, considering the fact both teams are likely to play quite fast tonight. Even though the Nets are in the middle of a horrid streak (dropping 5 in a row), they had some tough opposition to play against lately. First the Rockets, then the Spurs, where they were thumped heavily: New Jersey scored only 33 first-half points and finished with its lowest point total since December in Saturday's 93-77 loss to San Antonio, the team's fifth straight on the road. The Nets were held under 45 percent shooting for the fourth straight game, going 34-for-81 (42.0 percent) from the field.
A different picture expected tonight...

These Nets aren't the best team around but playing against a non existant D of the Grizzlies should help them heal their sub par offensive numbers a bit. The Nets really need this win in order to stay in playoff hunt, but since the Grizz have been playing some relaxed, solid ball of late, they're far from chanceless tonight. Backing them 1st Q and 1st H looks enticing gotta admit...

I expect both teams to score, and why. The Nets have had enough of playing slow, tiring ball in their last two games, they were severely limited and tonight perhaps they'll welcome having some easier shots and trying to make a statement offensively, especially since Jason Kidd got ejected last time out, and both him and Carter were underachieving in the last 5 games (during the losing streak). Kidd last 5 games 4, 11, 11 , 7,7 shooting 15 of 54 in that span,
Vince last 5 games 8 / 23 25 pts , 4/20 9pts , 10/25 32 pts , 5/17 14 pts , 7/18 17 pts . 34 /103..that's 33% which is AWFUL (thanks SportsNut for providing the numbers so I don't have to bother :D) Who else to break out of the funk against than the world's lousiest defense? The Grizz aren't as consistent in the scoring department as right after Barone took over, but they should still break the century mark tonight, as I believe both Nets' scorers + the returning Jefferson will look to end the streak and break out of the scoring slump. Liking the dog price. Medium stakes.

over 206.5 points (2.01 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

:cheers: :smiley_acbe: :wacka wacka:

The Rockets are slowly tuning their game after Yao's return, and soon enough they'll be at their peak, a lot of options there (with Hayes in the lineup now), possible game tempo shifting (with and without Yao), several scorers available, a solid backcourt. The Rockets are flying under the radar on the West (similar as Utah), and aren't mentioned among the big boys often enough, despite only 24 losses in the season.
Phoenix have dominated the Rockets in and out (winning last 5 games by an average margin of 16 points) but despite winning games, the Suns have been hot and cold lately.

Houston are finally healthy, they got their men back to the lineup and could hang with the Suns until the last minutes. Furthermore, I don't think this game will be running and gunning, the Rockets haven't shown they matchup well against the Suns (so far) but I don't think the Suns are that better right now, they're adapting their game and beating the opponents without covering regularly, I think Rockets can hurt them at this point. Expecting both teams to stay under the century mark.

under 205.5 points (1.98 @ Pinnacle) 4 units
Rockets +6 (1.96 @ Pinnacle) 4 units
Rockets ML (3.30 @ Pinnacle) 2 units

I like the Cats to end their streak tonight, as I don't really rate Orlando that high. The Magic have a lot of backers since they've got everything to play for (the playoffs) and are supposedly the better team, but in reality they're not that better than Charlotte.
Taken from SN's thread: The Magic are 7-21 SU last 28 games, 1-10 SU last 11 road games, 3-17 in last 20 games. (other trends there as well).
Hardly numbers that impress you'd agree. The Bobcats are a bit thin in the inside without Okafor but the line already reflects that, we can back the home team at a dog price, can't we?
I think they get the job done, even though this is more of a Magic fade than a pro Bobcat pick. They can't go winless all month after all.

Bobcats (2.02 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Gl tonight Satyr. I can see that Memphis total hitting as the Nets are probably looking forward to playing a team that throws defense to win after doing their texas 3 step.

Nice win, 3-0 start for you??

actually 5-0 (Bobcats, MEM-NJ over, Atlanta(NHL) SU and PL, Kidd assist prop over 9).

Since I don't expect to go 8-0 on the night, I hope I'll cash in at least the under in Arizona, nothing else, just the under. :smiley_acbe:

Since the Rockets aren't playing well at all.

Back