NBA Monday pick (+writeup)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 65 W-1 V-55 L +50.19 units
----------------------------------------------------------------

Reached the 50 unit profit, next goal: century mark! But let's take it slowly shall we...:smiley_acbe:

Basically I'm taking what SportsNut already described fully in his thread:

Hornets (-5) (1.93 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

A typical situational pick, looking beyond recent performances by the two teams. The Celtics are blazing 25-9 ATS on the road this season (11 wins only) and have just beaten the Spurs in Texas and covered against Dallas.
The Celtics beat the Spurs on St Patrick's day, reaching the highest point of the season after a lot of disappointments, and they should be up for a letdown moment here.

The Hornets have just allowed 125 in Washington, and are only 2-8 in last 10, they're still only 2 games behind the 8th and final playoff spot. The Celtics are playing their 3rd game in 4 nights against a solid defensive team that allowed a ton in their last game and reached their season low.
The Celtics almost lost that one in SA after a big lead and frankly I see a good chance for the Hornets to show up big tonight.
We're not going against such a big number here, not so prone to a backdoor cover, since the Hornets will likely put the game away before that.

Good luck guys. :cheers:

don't forget SportsNut, he was the first one to post it on CTG I believe. :)

:shake: GL tonight. :cheers: