NBA Monday lines

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
Straight Wager

<input class="textfield" value="" name="removeclick" id="removeclick" type="hidden"> NBA

NBA - Jan 28

NBA
MONDAY, JANUARY 28TH

5:05 PM1 /28 /08
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr><td class="gNum">#</td><td class="gName">
</td><td class="gSpr">Spread</td><td class="gTot">Total</td><td class="gML">Money Line</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">501</td><td class="gName">DENVER</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="688419_3_0_8.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+8½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="688419_3_2_-204_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o204-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk"><input name="game" value="688419_3_4_0_330_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+330</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">502</td><td class="gName">NEW ORLEANS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="688419_3_1_-8.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-8½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="688419_3_3_204_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u204-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk"><input name="game" value="688419_3_5_0_-400_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-400</td></tr></tbody></table>

5:05 PM1 /28 /08
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr><td class="gNum">#</td><td class="gName">
</td><td class="gSpr">Spread</td><td class="gTot">Total</td><td class="gML">Money Line</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">503</td><td class="gName">DALLAS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="688420_3_0_-7.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-7½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="688420_3_2_-204_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o204-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk"><input name="game" value="688420_3_4_0_-350_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-350</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">504</td><td class="gName">MEMPHIS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="688420_3_1_7.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+7½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="688420_3_3_204_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u204-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk"><input name="game" value="688420_3_5_0_290_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+290</td></tr></tbody></table>

6:05 PM1 /28 /08
</td><td class="gSpr">Spread</td><td class="gTot">Total</td><td class="gML">Money Line</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">505</td><td class="gName">SAN ANTONIO</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="688421_3_0_2_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+2-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="688421_3_2_-195.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o195½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk"><input name="game" value="688421_3_4_0_120_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+120</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">506</td><td class="gName">UTAH</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="688421_3_1_-2_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-2-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="688421_3_3_195.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u195½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk"><input name="game" value="688421_3_5_0_-140_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-140</td></tr></tbody></table>

7:35 PM1 /28 /08
</td><td class="gSpr">Spread</td><td class="gTot">Total</td><td class="gML">Money Line</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">507</td><td class="gName">CHARLOTTE</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="688422_3_0_2.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+2½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="688422_3_2_-190_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o190-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk"><input name="game" value="688422_3_4_0_125_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+125</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">508</td><td class="gName">LA CLIPPERS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="688422_3_1_-2.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-2½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="688422_3_3_190_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u190-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk"><input name="game" value="688422_3_5_0_-145_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-145</td></tr></tbody></table>

Brent Barry's out for a while...

aside from that, the Spurs should be good to go.

for the Jazz, Jason Hart's been having lower back trouble. Oh, and Matt Harpring apparently doesn't have cancer.

these teams are essentially at full strength.

Red

Memphis catching 7, isnt Dal terrible OTR laying a larger #

EDIT:

Scratch that....

They are 6-11 ATS, but 4-3 ATS against teams of this caliber when laying 5 or higher.

Bobcats/Clipps O seems tempting. Bobcats don't play defense and if Kaman sits they should be able to get to the rim.

I think the Hornets are the best play on the board today, Melo or not. I think West could have a big game, & Paul should be able to do what he wants. Though Denver's D did look pretty good vs. the Mavs, I have trouble believing they can string together 2 straight solid defensive performances on the road. My only concern is an ats letdown after blowing the Spurs out.

I think the Hornets are the best play on the board today, Melo or not. I think West could have a big game, & Paul should be able to do what he wants. Though Denver's D did look pretty good vs. the Mavs, I have trouble believing they can string together 2 straight solid defensive performances on the road. My only concern is an ats letdown after blowing the Spurs out.

I agree but 8.5-9 seems like too much to give to a high scoring team like Denver if Melo is back. I think the Hornets win, but I could easily see a 5 point win, or a late backdoor.

Mavericks are 7-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings in Memphis.

I think I might bite on the Memphis/Dallas O201. Dallas on a B2B and playing the "lowly" Grizzlies. I think their defense might suffer. Memphis pushes the ball and plays zero D. I don't see why both teams wouldn't break 100.

I think SA comes out focused after getting humiliated at home by N.O. Coach pop is gonna have these guys focused. I do hate when Parker needs a break tho cus Jacque Vaughn is the most worthless pg out there. Whenever he's in, they go on big time scoring droughts. But i'm taking SA at +2.

That SA/Utah game feels 50/50 either way.. not worth betting on imo. You have SA trying to prove they don't suck and Utah who might be the best home team in the NBA.

That SA/Utah game feels 50/50 either way.. not worth betting on imo. You have SA trying to prove they don't suck and Utah who might be the best home team in the NBA.

I cant find the article now but I remember a few weeks back when the Spurs came to Philly and the reporter asked Pop if he was worried about how his team was playing and he responded by basically saying they never give a shit about anything until their Rodeo trip - thats when they start playing and take stock of where they are...

tonights game 1 of the rodeo trip...

I think I might bite on the Memphis/Dallas O201. Dallas on a B2B and playing the "lowly" Grizzlies. I think their defense might suffer. Memphis pushes the ball and plays zero D. I don't see why both teams wouldn't break 100.

I think thats the best bet on the board...Dallas plays the style of their opponents.

I will be on it.

I agree but 8.5-9 seems like too much to give to a high scoring team like Denver if Melo is back. I think the Hornets win, but I could easily see a 5 point win, or a late backdoor.

Line has to be set that high... IMO books will get action on the Nuggets simply because many will think "Hornets win, but that's too many points." I think it's justified, especially given the Nuggs are on the back end of b2b road games. 8 of the Nuggets 12 road losses have been by 9 or more pts. Another thing that sticks out to me is the Nuggets games played vs. top tier teams (IMO) in the league....

@ Boston..... ..... lost by 26

@ Houston......... lost by 28

@ Lakers........... lost by 28

@ Dallas............ won by 13

@ San Antonio.... lost by 11

@ Phoenix.......... lost by 22

@ Lakers............ lost by 17

@ Dallas............ lost by 5

Does the line still look too high to you?

would u play it w/o Harris? Jason Terry will start in his place and can push it, but not sure who the 3rd stringer is.

I would...take into effect Dal has Det, Orl, and Bost on Deck in there next 3....I think we will see a blowout win tonight, something like 120-100.. Dal has owned Memphis, and Dirks shooting was questioned in an interview yesterday.

Gasol is playing I believe, and Lowry will do just fine in place of Conley.

Lemme play devil's advocate here. I can't really put any merit into that trend, seeing as it goes back to the 2004 season! 3 of Memphis' starters aren't even on the team anymore. In the last 5 meetings between these 2 teams, 3 of them have been decided by 5 pts or less. Secondly, is this even the same Dallas team as last season? They are 10-10 on the road su this season. Another thing that gives me pause to consider Dallas is their record this season when playing the 2nd game of a b2b on the road....

@ Houston- won by 6, 194 total

@ Bucks- Lost su, 192 total

@ Hornets- Lost su, 220 total (16 of those in ot)

@ Houston- won by 13, 179 total

@ Clippers- won by 1, 189 total

While I realize that these teams play at a considerably slower pace than Memphis, I do think there could be something to Dallas lack of offensive production in b2b road games. Devon Harris' likely absence makes me even more wary. Harris missed 2 road games this season, @Toronto & @ Portland. Dallas scored 76 & 82 points in those 2 games.

Lemme play devil's advocate here. I can't really put any merit into that trend, seeing as it goes back to the 2004 season! 3 of Memphis' starters aren't even on the team anymore. In the last 5 meetings between these 2 teams, 3 of them have been decided by 5 pts or less. Secondly, is this even the same Dallas team as last season? They are 10-10 on the road su this season. Another thing that gives me pause to consider Dallas is their record this season when playing the 2nd game of a b2b on the road....

@ Houston- won by 6, 194 total

@ Bucks- Lost su, 192 total

@ Hornets- Lost su, 220 total (16 of those in ot)

@ Houston- won by 13, 179 total

@ Clippers- won by 1, 189 total

While I realize that these teams play at a considerably slower pace than Memphis, I do think there could be something to Dallas lack of offensive production in b2b road games. Devon Harris' likely absence makes me even more wary. Harris missed 2 road games this season, @Toronto & @ Portland. Dallas scored 76 & 82 points in those 2 games.

Exactly my point, DALLAS plays to the level of there opponents. Look at that above list of teams. Harris was out against Toronto, and Portland, once again in the same league as those teams above.

I see what you're saying, but my point was that Dallas scored 20 points less than their season average without Harris on the road. To me the over looks like an "easy" play, given how bad the Grizz D plays. Makes me think under, I don't know if that's enough for me to play it though.....

I see what you're saying, but my point was that Dallas scored 20 points less than their season average without Harris on the road. To me the over looks like an "easy" play, given how bad the Grizz D plays. Makes me think under, I don't know if that's enough for me to play it though.....

It would bother me, if they had played GSW or LAL and didnt break 200....I guess I dont believe in "easy" or "gifts" or "locks"...so GL Lex on whatever you choose.

Appreciate the discussion BTW

It would bother me, if they had played GSW or LAL and didnt break 200....I guess I dont believe in "easy" or "gifts" or "locks"...so GL Lex on whatever you choose.

Appreciate the discussion BTW

Good point. For the record, I don't believe in gift or locks either, but I believe in perception & finding out why a line is set where it is. Definitely enjoy the discussion- it's what I love most about this site! GL to you as well :cheers:

Am I crazy for considering the Cats ml on the road? Looks like the best chance they have with road games on deck vs. Sac, GS, Denver & Phoenix, but no Felton? I did play them vs. the Bulls, can lightning strike twice in less than a week? After all, it's the Clippers....

Am I crazy for considering the Cats ml on the road? Looks like the best chance they have with road games on deck vs. Sac, GS, Denver & Phoenix, but no Felton? I did play them vs. the Bulls, can lightning strike twice in less than a week? After all, it's the Clippers....

Someone I fade religiously is on the Clips large.....I think it has some value.

Back