NBA Monday and Detroit Chicago Thoughts

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Funny looking card tonight. Who knows who is playing and this/that. Teams really don't seem to care about postion this year more than usual. Should be interesting. Snuck in a win on Friday night. Detroit obviously shoulda rolled by a lot more there after first half but kind of coasted home.

Tonight should be a heck of a ballgame at the Palace. Here is the basic scenario. The loser will get the 8th seed. Thats the easiest way to look at it. The winner will get 6th or 7th seed. Detroit still needs to win in Miami Wednesday but I think that is a formality as I cannot see Spoelstra playing guys like Wade heavy minutes in a meaningless game for them. If Philly loses out and Detroit wins out Detroit will get the 6th seed and face Orlando. I do think Philly loses at Cleveland as the Cavs go for that home mark. The telling game there is tomorrow night in Philly against Boston. I think the Sixers get that one. Can't see Rivers playing anyone heavy.

Tonights line opened up at 4.5 and I believe the total was 196.5. I know it was a 3.5 last evening late and currently sits at 4-197. I think that is about right no. Detroit when healthy is a sligthly better team than Chicago.

Lets look at the season series so far which has been home dominated. Last game was in March in Chicago. Three key figures sat out; Hamilton, Wallace and Rose. The Bulls won 99-91. One of those games I throw out for tonight due to the lineups that were out there. The previous meeting was also in Chicago. That was the infamous Detroit 4th qtr collapse as the Bulls outscored the Stons 36-17. I didn't get to swee that game so my personal opinion is thrown out the window. This game was before the trades the Bulls made though. The first meeting was just after Christmas here in Auburn Hills. This was back when the bulls were really struggling. Stuckey went for 40 in this matchup and Detroit held on in 4th qtr after getting up big early. So, not sure what these early meetings show us for this game. Both teams have changed. Detroit has gotten back to their roots prolly 80 percent of the nights they hit the floor. Chicago has changed too with the trades and have been a pleasant suprise since the AS Break.

The only real injury of note is Kwame Brown. He didn't play Saturday night at Indiana and it showed. I know he is Kwame but he has rebounded and played good defense for us this year. I wasn't happy with him early but he is a very solid player. It is just his draft position that will forever look down on him. He is listed as questionable on the reports I see but I know I heard earlier today that he is expected to play.

Looking at the side, the motivation is there both ways. Detroit has the HCA and better defense. I wouldn't touch this in all honesty. The angle I have a feeling for on this game though is the total. Now, with how the teams have fared against each other in recent meetings this is prolly where it should be. Then again, they haven't really played since Detroit has gotten back to playing better defense. This is also a CRUCIAL game that should have a semi-playoff atmosphere. I know a few of you have been preaching this for a few weeks about how these games go under. I think this is a solid play in this game. I haven't locked in yet. Still looking at it and wanted to get some opinions first but a heavy lean towards the under here.

Thoughts?

Still looking at a few other games as well.

The telling game there is tomorrow night in Philly against Boston. I think the Sixers get that one. Can't see Rivers playing anyone heavy.

Garnett out until the playoffs... He wont play in these last 2 games..

BAR im staying away as DET is as schizo as my ex gf, and also just like my ex gf, they always fuck me

what do you think about milwaukee? do you think that line is telling us to expect a easy MIL win...Im thinkin 95-82 Bucks

BAR whats with all this crazy line movement on the totals?

NJ/Char opened at 191 now at 196!!!!

Phoe/Mem opened at 220 now at 216!!!!

OKC/ Portland opened at 192 now at 195.5!!!!

BAR whats going on here! This is goofy!

BAR whats with all this crazy line movement on the totals?

NJ/Char opened at 191 now at 196!!!!

Phoe/Mem opened at 220 now at 216!!!!

OKC/ Portland opened at 192 now at 195.5!!!!

BAR whats going on here! This is goofy!

Happens every year in the last week. Some sides will move 4-5 points after open. That happend a shitton two years ago. Injuries/sit-outs are huge. No firm stats but I love just hitting overs when its two garbage teams playing. There will be zero interest in defense. I know Memphis is the lowest scoring team in league but even they can put up 110 or so against the Suns. Now, Jersey and Charlotte could be a bit different. Coach Brown won't let them get away with slacking even though its a meaningless game.

BAR im staying away as DET is as schizo as my ex gf, and also just like my ex gf, they always fuck me

what do you think about milwaukee? do you think that line is telling us to expect a easy MIL win...Im thinkin 95-82 Bucks

Yeah, they have been a tough read at times this year. As for that Bucks game, just keep an eye on the injury report. I saw you and a few others had hit that already. No Hedo or Shard. The big thing is how long does Dwight play if at all? I would check the milwaukee newspapers/team fan sites and see exactly what their plans are. Even if Orlando sits half the team this is still Milwaukee and if they are already mentally on vacation then who knows. Obviously the line went to where it is for a reason.

The telling game there is tomorrow night in Philly against Boston. I think the Sixers get that one. Can't see Rivers playing anyone heavy.

Garnett out until the playoffs... He wont play in these last 2 games..

I think Sixers do too but tonight is still big to stay away from Cleveland first round. Too tough to win there and Rasheed would be ejected by halftime of game one being pissed at the golden child getting sucked off by the officials.

Just wrecking havoc on a totals player such as myself! Yikes!

Good thing I was still able to navigate the land mines and find another "Gem".

Orlando/Miltown "UNDER" 198 is the play BAR!

U didn't have enough references to "pounding babies" or making "boom" sounds BAR. Not sure I can tail you without them :)

Plays:

Dallas -11.5 -110 3 units
Detroit u197 -110 2 units
icon14.gif

FWIW: Copied from over there.
DETROIT'S PERSPECTIVE:

“We’re already near the bottom in the playoffs, so at this point, regardless who we play, we can’t worry about who we’re going to play,” said
Richard Hamilton, who scored a team-high 23 points Saturday. “We’ve just got to know that we made it to the playoffs and hopefully we can have a run.”

“There is no worst-case scenario for us right now, the way we’ve been playing all year,”
Tayshaun Prince said. “The best-case scenario is we got in the playoffs, so hopefully we can go in there and do some damage. I don’t think being the eight-seed that we’re in a situation we can’t handle. Any situation would have been tough for us, the way we’ve been playing, the ups and downs we’ve had all season.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BULLS PERSPECTIVE:

“We know we’re playing for more than just to make the playoffs,” said John Salmons, who scored 11 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter Saturday. “We want to try to move up as far as we can.”

“The top three teams are really good,” said Ben Gordon, who scored 39 points against the Bobcats. “I don’t know if it matters much, but it would be a lot better to not play Cleveland. They’ve been playing really well.”

nice play on the Mavs, Minnesota is done playing for the year. Mchale wants to kill all of his players.

fuck this game ATS..Detroit's too tough to cap imo.

Gonna parlay your plays BAR.

Detroit seems to be limping into the playoffs, going into this game having lost 10 of its last 16. Recent history favors the Bulls, who have covered all three meetings this season against Detroit , which gives them seven straight ATS wins against Detroit, dating back to last year. The Pistons are 11-23 ATS as a home favorite this year, mabye taking the points with Chicago isn't a bad idea?

Detroit seems to be limping into the playoffs, going into this game having lost 10 of its last 16. Recent history favors the Bulls, who have covered all three meetings this season against Detroit , which gives them seven straight ATS wins against Detroit, dating back to last year. The Pistons are 11-23 ATS as a home favorite this year, mabye taking the points with Chicago isn't a bad idea?

It depends on who wants the WIN MORE------

However at this point in the season when a team with the make up of the BULLS goes on the road I give them very little chance for the win and here is why--

NO CLOSER- Bulls dont have a CLOSER on this team-

Interior weak D- Bulls dont have good interior D--

Poor Road team-- Bulls are not a good road team-- 2-6 last 8 road games-

If I look at each Bulls players in the eye, there is not one player that can say they can go in Detroit and WIN TONIGHT- THey are basically Losers on Bulls--
However the issue is that I am not sure where Detroit's heads are at also, if they show up they win this game no issues there--

Bulls cannot win vs good teams on the road, a jump shooting team, with no Closers, and a bad coach and just a horrible road team--

For the Bulls to win, they have to shoot lights out and even at that rate the barely win road games--

THis is the same team that cant win in INDY, Raptors Charlotte, Miami, Philly-

So in reality in a must win game, I see no reason why Detroit doesent slap Gordon and heinrich in the ass, and say sorry guys, bend over we are going to win this game tonight--

The most expected outcome is a Detroit win--

Home teams at this point in year is the way to go, road teams dont have the energy and motivation, the schedule is long and brutal and they just want to sleep in their own beds--

62 in the 1st qtr at Detroit...Jeebus! I still hit the Spurs under last night though, despite a 66 pt 2nd qtr. Let's keep our fingers crossed...

Great shooting in Detroit. This halftime score would be higher except for a few things...

-Hamilton had 2-3 in and outs and a missed layup or he would have dayum near 30 points
-Gordon foul trouble. He started on fire.
-Detroit was in the bonus at the 8 and then 7 minute mark of the qtrs but amazingly has shot just 9 FT's.

I always wish Detroit would push the ball somewhat and look for early opportunities. Lo and behold they are doing it tonight. Rarely seen. Pushing after rebounds and looking up floor. Figures when I get on the under.

Adding:

San Antonio -4 -110 2 units

Wolves look ugly early, but they usually do. I'm enjoying watching the Big Ostrich, knowing that he has 3 days left with this organization.

Great shooting in Detroit. This halftime score would be higher except for a few things...

-Hamilton had 2-3 in and outs and a missed layup or he would have dayum near 30 points
-Gordon foul trouble. He started on fire.
-Detroit was in the bonus at the 8 and then 7 minute mark of the qtrs but amazingly has shot just 9 FT's.

I always wish Detroit would push the ball somewhat and look for early opportunities. Lo and behold they are doing it tonight. Rarely seen. Pushing after rebounds and looking up floor. Figures when I get on the under.

Adding:

San Antonio -4 -110 2 units

not sure on this...B2B for both but GSW has short bench

lean with u...will wait til HT:shake:

Glad to get that win. Figured we would get overtime and lose. Detroit really choked that game away. Thirteen points in 4th qtr and I want to say no more than maybe 3 in last 5 minutes. Terrible execution down stretch. Credit to Chicago though. Really hoping Philly wins tomorrow night though. I want that Chicago-Boston matchup.

Glad to see Dallas really cares about having a chance in playoffs. Unbelieveable. Last I saw they were up 23-12 and now down 72-68.

Glad to get that win. Figured we would get overtime and lose. Detroit really choked that game away. Thirteen points in 4th qtr and I want to say no more than maybe 3 in last 5 minutes. Terrible execution down stretch. Credit to Chicago though. Really hoping Philly wins tomorrow night though. I want that Chicago-Boston matchup.

Why the Chicago/Boston matchup?

Also, does this Spurs -4 play seem too easy with them needing a win for their playoff positioning?

y?

u think Bulls can take the C's? I agree that will be a hotly contested series...

Why the Chicago/Boston matchup?

Also, does this Spurs -4 play seem too easy with them needing a win for their playoff positioning?

Yeah, but knowing my luck Pop doesn't care and Timmay only plays 24 minutes or so.

I am very suprised at some teams approach to games last several days. Your playing for a division title or a chance to miss playing LA in first round etc and you don't seem to care. In Detroit's case, a chance to miss Cleveland. But, they just let Chicago hang around and hang around. That game typifies Detroits season in all honesty.

The thing with Dallas, the top two seeds right now(LA and DEN) just own them. They will get swept by LA and maybe steal a game against the Nuggets. Thats why its shocking how they are playing tonight.

Oh well, get SA and be 2-1 on night hopefully.

Exact opposite.

I tend to agree with you. Chicago doesn't play defense, and Boston is going to force them to slow the game down to a slower tempo than the Bulls want to play.

I think the Bulls will win one game in Chicago, but I see Boston winning by double digits at home....

Of course, there is going to be some question about all this until Kevin Garnett plays.

I tend to agree with you. Chicago doesn't play defense, and Boston is going to force them to slow the game down to a slower tempo than the Bulls want to play.

I think the Bulls will win one game in Chicago, but I see Boston winning by double digits at home....

Of course, there is going to be some question about all this until Kevin Garnett plays.

This is something I have thought all year obviously but the Bulls showed me again tonight. They are so weak on the frontline its scary. Noah and Tyrus play better offensively and are long on defense but the Boston front line will just have a field day. Who's gonna guard Paul? I'll get into this more if the series comes to fruition.

Man, the Stons are so dissapointing. I am honestly ready for Sheed to go, and I love the guy.

lookin good at HT BAW

Nelson playin " no PT for you" to Crawford and basically the whole team

he has 6 people seein action...comical

Back