NBA Monday, 11-13-17...

brewers7

Pretty much a regular
Sunday summary: I am debating on whether to make more plays/bets. I analyze my performance on a daily basis and I am not happy with my result for Sunday. Ok, hey, the 17-2 run had to come to an end at some point and the loss yesterday puts me at 17-2 my last 20 plays. However, I was torn on trying to decide whether to go with my #1 side or #1 total. They were fairly equal plays. When this happens again, I just need to play both selections and just hope the worst I do is 1-1 and lose juice.

Also, I did not bet 3 fairly solid chart-plays yesterday. OKC and the OKC Over were clear chart plays and so was the Houston Under. Now I mentioned that the Rockets opponent (Indiana) scared me off that under. That backfired. And giving 10 or 10.5 points for me is just difficult, so I passed on OKC who covered the 10 or 10.5 points (depending on when you bet the game) easily. Do not let the 112-99 final score fool you. OKC led by about 19 or 20 with 3 minutes left in the game and Dallas hit a three with less than 8 seconds left to make that cover look closer than it was.

So the bottom line is I should have bet the sides and totals for the OKC game and the Toronto game. Those were my top 4 plays and they went 3-1. I can live with passing on the Houston chart-play under. However, I cannot sit still and become complacent when I had 4 plays I like and only bet one, and that play lost while the other 3 won. The #1 sides and #1 totals are due to cool off, so I need to adjust and play more #2 and maybe even #3 plays soon.

Monday thoughts: I will post a bet shortly but the Cliff Notes version for today is that I like all of my totals, while I like my top 3 sides. Thing is there is probably a 0.1% chance of me betting all my totals. So I will decide on whether to make just one play, or maybe 2 or 3. My second-half plays are improving, so I may start betting some of those today or this week.

Minnesota has a strong bounce-back spot while Utah has to get used to life without Rudy Gobert the next 4-to-6 weeks. Everything points to the Cleveland/New York game going Over. But man, that is a high number, in my opinion. Cleveland has the revenge spot for a 114-95 trouncing they took from the Knicks at home 2 weeks ago. Milwaukee has adjusted quickly to the addition of Eric Bledsoe and have won and covered both contests and gone Under in both of those games. I look for more of the same tonight. I also was afraid to lay 14 points when the Sixers had a strong chart-play against them vs. Golden State and of course the Warriors covered fairly easily. Still a strong chart-play against Philly tonight but man, I do not know if the struggling Clippers can beat the Sixers. LA clearly nowhere near as good as their 4-0 start seemed to indicate.

Record:

21-10 (regular season), +$1000.

Sides: 11-6
Totals: 9-1
2H: 0-3
1Q: 1-0
#1 Sides: 17-10
#1 Totals: 20-7

Picks

Sides: (1) Min, (2) Cle, (3) Mil, (4) Was, (5) Phoe, (6) Atl, (7) Den, (8) Orl, (9) LAC

Totals: (1) Cle ov, (2) Mil un, (3) LAC ov, (4) Pho ov, (5) Den un, (6) Atl un, (7) Min un, (8) Orl ov, (9) Was un

Cleveland / New York over 221.5, laying $110 to win $100 – Cleveland 5-1 to the Over on the Road, while the Knicks are 6-2 to the Over at Home this season. Just hoping there is not a fourth quarter slow-down to keep it under.

Memphis / Milwaukee under 200, laying $110 to win $100 – Memphis 8-3-1 to the Under and Milwaukee 6-3 to the Under their last 9 and 2-0 to the Under since acquiring Eric Bledsoe.

Minnesota Timberwolves -3.5, laying $110 to win $100 – I already mentioned the bounce-back spot for Minny after an embarrassing 118-100 loss to Phoenix and Utah did rise up to come back and beat Brooklyn at home last timeout but now they have to deal with a T-Wolves team who should be angry and hungry for a win tonight.

Good Luck.

Back