NBA Monday, 11-06-17...

brewers7

Pretty much a regular
NBA Previews for Monday, November 6.

Boston Celtics (8-2) at Atlanta Hawks (2-8), Monday, 7:30 p.m. EST

Line: Celtics -7.5. Total: 204.

Boston is the best ATS (Against the Spread) team in the league at 9-1. The Hawks rank #25 in the league in ATS with a 3-6-1 record. The Celtics rank #1 in points per game allowed and defensive rating, while ranking #26 in pace. The Hawks rank #10 in pace and are near the bottom in every other category.

The Celtics are the first team in NBA history to go 8-2 after starting the season 0-2. Boston scored an impressive 104-88 victory over Orlando Sunday night. That win was on the heels of a 101-94 win over the Thunder. In that game, the Celtics trailed by 18 points at the half at Oklahoma City.

Kyrie Irving scored 25 points and dished out 6 assists in the OKC game. Irving scored 22 points while adding all 6 of his assists in the second half. Al Horford added 20 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists. The Celtics had six players in double figures during the Orlando game.

Atlanta snapped an 8-game losing streak against the Cavaliers Sunday night. The Hawks grabbed a 6-5 lead three minutes into the game and l the rest of the way. Cleveland cut the deficit to two points with less than 20 seconds left in the game and had a chance to tie or win the game after Atlanta’s Isaiah Taylor missed two free throws with 12.1 seconds left in the game. However, Channing Frye missed a three-pointer and Dwayne Wade missed the tip in the final seconds as the Hawks hung on for a 117-115 win at Cleveland.

Both teams are on the back-end of a back-to-back tonight. Boston is 0-1 straight up (SU) and ATS and that game went under the Vegas total. Atlanta is 0-2 SU and 1-0-1 ATS, going 0-1-1 to the under. The Hawks are winless at home (0-3) while Boston is 5-1 on the road.

Brooklyn Nets (3-6) at Phoenix Suns (4-6), Monday, 9:00 p.m. EST

Line: Suns -1. Total: 234.

This game features a tried and true handicapping angle of mine. The “short-revenge angle”, features two teams who have play each other twice in the same day 7-day period. If the teams are fairly evenly matched, then you take the team who lost Game 1 and take them to bounce back and win the rematch. This angle has worked several times during the first few weeks.

The Suns defeated the Nets at Brooklyn six days ago 122-114. Phoenix started the season 0-3 with two horrific 40+ point losses. Their 124-76 opening night debacle at home versus Portland was their worst loss in franchise history. Just two games later, Phoenix fell to the Clippers 130-88. Coach Earl Watson was fired after that game as the Suns hired interim coach Jay Triano.

Since then, the Suns won four out of five games to push their record to 4-4 on the season. However, that run may be fading after double-digit losses to the Knicks and Spurs during their final two games of a five-game road trip.

The quick-revenge angle means the Nets are going to win this game since they lost to Phoenix six days ago at home. Brooklyn is rested while the Suns are playing their second game in as many nights.

These two teams are still #1 and #2 in the league in pace. Brooklyn is #1 and Phoenix is #2. The Nets rank #30 and the Suns rank #29 in points allowed per game. The Suns are averaging 109.6 points per game since Triano took over as coach compared to just 98 points per game under Watson. So I do like the Over despite the high Vegas total.

Miami Heat (4-5) at Golden State Warriors (7-3), Monday, 10:30 p.m. EST

Line: Warriors -15. Total: 223.5.

Golden State is just 4-6 ATS, but the Heat are worse at 2-5-2 ATS. Dion Waiters is out tonight for Miami. The Warriors have covered three games in a row with ease. So Golden State may be hitting their stride after stumbling a little bit the first seven games of the season, going 4-3 straight up and just 1-6 ATS. However, the Warriors are just 2-2 SU and 0-4 ATS at home on the season

The Warriors are 7-3 to the Over and 3-1 to the Over at home on the season. Miami has been trending Under lately going 3-1-1 to the Under their last 5, although yesterday’s game with the Clippers was Under the opening line and most Vegas lines given during the day except for the closing line which was a push.

Record:

22-14 last season (started posting March 17).
8-7 during the preseason.

15-8 during regular season, +$620.

Sides: 7-5
Totals: 7-1
2H: 0-2
1Q: 1-0
#1 Sides: 12-8
#1 Totals: 15-5

Sides: (1) Bkn, (2) Bos, (3) GS.

Totals: (1) Bkn ov, (2) Bos ov, (3) GS un.

Note: Debating a play/bet on the Brooklyn side or total…If I have one, it will be posted…

boston had covered 8 straight ats.........is the suns total one of ur chart plays? suns just had 4 over streak snapped last night.

Small chart-play to the Under for Phoenix which is what is keeping this total from being a bet for me....4 in a row is the minimum streak for a chart-play for me....This qualifies....Longer the streak, stronger the play, once it reverses....I either taking Brooklyn, who is 0-4 on the road, or sit back and look for 2H plays tonight....I see enough little things to keep me from betting these tonight...

Brooklyn / Phoenix over 120, 2H, laying $110 to win $100 -- The Pace for the first half is there at 51.46, so you double that and these teams are at their PAce for the season, but the shooting was terrible in the 1H, at 36.4% for the Nets and 25.6% for the Suns....If there is better shooting and the Pace stays the same, we have an Over for the 2H...

GL...

You were patient and took a bet many would have...

It just didn't happen tonight...odd game...

Good decision making though.

Back