NBA ML dogs 3.9

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
ML dogs: 76-136, 35.85%, +13.42 units
Spreads: 155-150-13, +48.74%, +2.65 units

GJ to you fellas who saw value in the Bulls. I'm very happy I took the day off..especially with the Spurs not quite dominating......

There are some interesting games for tomorrow. The one that really sticks out to me as a good spot for chalk is the Warriors at home. They're finally healthy again, and they really showed me something against the Nuggets. There were a ridiculous number of shots the nugs missed in the 3rd, but it can't all be attributed to Carmelo not being there. The Warriors actually got on the stick on defense, and with the full bench again, they didn't get warn down with fatigue.

Against the Clippers, who have an unfortunate set of problems at Guard, they should be able to run around like their hair's on fire all evening.

Interesting trend with these two...
Home team is 7-1-1 ATS in the last 9 meetings.

More to the point, the Clippers are looking tired and in disarray (with the occasional brilliant performance by Brand, Mobley, or Maggette).

Warriors -5.5 (-110) 2 units wsex

I'm thinking in terms of a 110 - 93 sort of game here.

As for dogs...

depending on how much trouble Yao's finger, Mutombo's knee, and Tmac's shot have tomorrow, the Nets may have a decent chance of winning. The two centers are probable to play, and I've got nothing bad to say about Tmac's shot except his damnable tendency to shoot it as soon as he touches it on the offensive end.

At first glance, I thought that -6.5 for the Rockets at home was stupid-low, but after a decent size road trip (Spurs at home still required travel), they come home wounded and face Carter and Kidd. I figure if the Rockets are healthy, they'll crush the Nets. But if the finger affects Yao's shot, or if the Center lynchpins of the defense aren't able to play effectively, then I have some reservations about the Rockets winning the game. I'll keep an eye out some, but I may just not bet this game at all because of my questions...

interestingly, the Road team won and covered the last 3 between them...including the recent shellacking the Rockets gave the Nets in December. Houston won 96-71 as 4.5pt dogs on the 27th...Jersey hasn't covered their last 3 games. Hmm, probably best to either take the chalk or nothing.

Phoenix has no one on the injury list, and after almost losing last time, they may well not play the slowdown game this time in the 4th...it was when they kept up the tempo that they pulled away in OT, and I doubt they'll make that mistake again. Not the spot to take the Hornets ML...maybe as DD points if you're a serious gambling man.

The rest just look like tiny dogs so far....

You know Kobe's pissed after the suspension; I would expect him and the lakers to take their frustration out on the 76ers. It would help, of course, for the laundry list that is the Lakers' injury report to shorten up a bit.

GL today, folks.

G St. -5.5 is a small play for me

i really like the lakers if they keep the sixers in a half court game they should win easy and we all know what happen when kobe got suspended for the samething last time oh yeah sixers 6 in a row thats a enough info to fade them

ima look at pistons @ nuggets and grizzlies @ hawks in a little

good luck and pick some doggies

GSW looks solid for sure finally getting healthy while LAC is running Ewing at the point which takes away the scoring aspect of the position . Dont think I like LAL here. They will be pissed or Kobe will be about the supsension but they have no forwards. They also have lost 5 straight in Philly and the Sixers have won 5 straight at home. Sixers have SIZE.

Think Suns are just flat now. They played so well above there head for awhile. Dont get me wrong they are great but they lack depth. NJN could have Richard Jefferson back not to get to excited about but its a plus. Pistons in a funk but PKem??

The one that stood out was the Wolves @ +5.5....bedtime for me....

G St. -5.5 is a small play for me

i really like the lakers if they keep the sixers in a half court game they should win easy and we all know what happen when kobe got suspended for the samething last time oh yeah sixers 6 in a row thats a enough info to fade them

ima look at pistons @ nuggets and grizzlies @ hawks in a little

good luck and pick some doggies

I'm definitely looking at em, but I need to see numbers. Hawks are just weak without JJ. Washington fucking GAVE that game away on wednesday...and the Stones certainly CAN win this game - it's not like Carmelo's going to be doing a lot of sleeping with a newborn in the house - and with the schedule Detroit has this month, this is the sort of place where they need to get a win.

But losing Hunter is actually pretty damned big IMO...losing the backup PG just doesn't really leave anyone to take his place. Chauncey will likely have to play a LOT more...

Still, the Nuggets seem to find ways to lose...it's uncanny.

GL to you, sir.

GSW looks solid for sure finally getting healthy while LAC is running Ewing at the point which takes away the scoring aspect of the position . Dont think I like LAL here. They will be pissed or Kobe will be about the supsension but they have no forwards. They also have lost 5 straight in Philly and the Sixers have won 5 straight at home. Sixers have SIZE.

Think Suns are just flat now. They played so well above there head for awhile. Dont get me wrong they are great but they lack depth. NJN could have Richard Jefferson back not to get to excited about but its a plus. Pistons in a funk but PKem??

The one that stood out was the Wolves @ +5.5....bedtime for me....

Kwame Brown can be a forward as well as a Center. Hehehe. Seriously, you're absolutely right. At least 1 forward would help them out...this Villanova set just isn't going to do it in the NBA, especially playing the triangle offense. LOL.

I totally hear you on the Suns and their depth issues, but I do think they got a scare from their last game. I think we can expect a significant blowout here, but I don't want to go gambling with the Suns when they've shown a tendency to invite the backdoor cover by playing a slowdown game in the last half of the 4th. If this total was another 218, I'd have to play an under again...even with last time's moose. SO annoying to be so right about a game and then they go to OT and fuck you in the last 20 seconds...

Jefferson's return doesn't bother me, really, but it might provide the Nets with an emotional boost. I'm much more concerned about Yao's shot and Dikembe's mobility.

Wolves have been playing like shit recently...and Miami, against all reason, have been incredible. Not sure I want a part of that one. you like the ML with that as well as the 5.5?

one other thing...

on Fridays in particular, for whatever reason, home teams seem to win more often. So if Philly is the dog, that's the play for me instead of the Lakers.

But I just don't see much value in MLs today.

RB I notice you never play totals, why is that?

GL with the warriors, looks like they are going to put another late run in the season similar to the previous two seasons but this time they have a shot at some playoff basketball. Clips continue to struggle without a PG rotation as well.

:shake:

RB I notice you never play totals, why is that?

GL with the warriors, looks like they are going to put another late run in the season similar to the previous two seasons but this time they have a shot at some playoff basketball. Clips continue to struggle without a PG rotation as well.

:shake:

I do play them on occasion; I just haven't been much recently. I track them the same as a spread bet. I had Under218 in the Bobcats/Suns game recently. Imagine my glee...

That was a screw job for sure 98 up in regulation...

Not crazy about Minny on the ML . In a sense though its so unattractive it might make sense looking at the big picture. Minny has been gross on the road and Miami near unstoppable at home...you get a quality team whose perception is down...it would be in all likelyhood the only thing remotely interesting on dog ML...

Yeah, Nut, I'm having a great deal of trouble seeing that dog barking much, either. I'm not too keen on the points, either, though I sure hope for you that it comes in. Ever since Wade got hurt, that team has looked spectacular. It's sort of the Lakers syndrome. It's not that they're BETTER without kobe, but when he's in there, they often just seem to sit around and wait for him to do it all.

some trends to note on this one:
Minnesota is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
Minnesota is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
Minnesota is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Minnesota is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road

Miami is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
Miami is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
Miami is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Miami is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Miami is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing at home against Minnesota
Miami is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Minnesota

and the Twolves, with the exception of the lakers blowing chunks in OT, have been losing spectacularly lately. I think we're about ready for another KG weeping interview. We're losing, man...sniff sniff...

Another I was looking at was the Celtics. They've been so atrociously bad at home. 7-21-1 ATS this season so far. And that's if you give them a couple favorable lines. It's just been profoundly bad. Well, now we're looking at some injury issues for the Cs. Delonte West in particular concerns me, and while rayray's ankle must be hurting, he's still playing pretty damned well.

here are a couple I like:

Seattle is 3-19 SU in its last 22 games on the road
Boston is 5-20 SU in its last 25 games

And, of course, Boston doesn't like winning at home.

Value seems to me to be slightly with the Cs. But if West and a couple others we're questionable with are out, well then that gives the Sonics a significant likelihood for a win.

okay, according to Donbest, Gomes is doubtful, Al Jefferson is upped to probable, and West is still a ?.

At first glance, Seattle is a good spot here, but some history (and their inability to play road games) makes em look horrible:

for instance:
Seattle is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games
Seattle is 3-19 SU in its last 22 games on the road
Seattle is 4-11-1 ATS in its last 16 games when playing Boston
Seattle is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Boston
Seattle is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Boston

Hardly compelling, isn't it?

Anyway, at 130 or so, this isn't a value play for the Cs anyway.

If I hear that West is going to be out, I may revisit the Seattle chalk.

With Boston Gomes and West being doubtful is huge. I dont like layinhg chalk with bad road teams though but Seattle in this situation is the better team.

I am really only looking @ Minnys last 2 games before they were BRUTAL. NO if 's , and 's , or but's about it! Miami has played well w/ o Wade for sure but they only time they were favored was ATL when u tailed me and they hung around but never made it close enough falling by 7. So cant seem to agree that Minny even playing poorly is as bad as ATL is.....I kinda expect Miami to win by 1,2, or 3...which generally I wouldnt play a dog but I feel pretty good about that......really they squeaked by Cle and Det...teams who were -3 ..guess I am looking at as Minny is 9 pts worse then those teams and a similar outcomes gets me a ATS win...

Boring card...BOL

Seattle -2.5 (-107) 2 units

couldn't pass it up I guess. I honestly see a significant likelihood for a DD Sonics win here.

Houston -8 (+101) 2 units

I absolutely look for a DD home win here. It'll either be a 30 pt game at the end of the 3rd, or the Rockets will run away in the 4th. Go chalk go.

'an_horse'

and this will be it for today. I didn't plan on playing even 3.....I wonder sometimes if I do it because I'm unable to stop myself..in which case I should go get a job at mcdonalds. But I think I'm right about these.

Goodluck with the Rockets.....I think its a good play but 8 is a tough # to lay and still waiting to see Yao and Deke. Both suffered minor injuries against Boston. Minor for our fragile 7 6 man and a 41 yr old was worth taking a game off.

Looks like your Seattle play will be nice. According to Celtics.com.....

The Celtics look to get back on track tonight when they host the Seattle Supersonics at the Garden.
The C's saw their four-game win streak snapped on Wednesday against the Rockets, but they have a good chance of getting back in the win column against a Sonics team that is just 7-23 on the road.
The Sonics are also coming off a loss, dropping a 92-89 decision in Philadelphia in the second game of their four-game road trip despite Ray Allen dropping 29 points. Allen is in the midst of the best scoring season of his career, averaging 26.6 PPG, and he's had some big games of late. Allen sat out Seattle's game against the Clippers last week, but since then has averaged 30.6 PPG over his last three games.
As for the Celtics, they will be shorthanded tonight after sustaining a few injuries against the Rockets, as Delonte West and Ryan Gomes are both out of the lineup.
Delonte West suffered a mild concussion Wednesday, while Ryan Gomes has a left mid-foot sprain. Both players will be re-evaluated tomorrow. Look for Rajon Rondo to make his fifth career start at point guard for the Celtics. Meanwhile, Gomes had been coming off the bench as of late in favor of Brian Scalabrine, so Leon Powe will likely see some PT off the bench at the four spot.

one other thing...

on Fridays in particular, for whatever reason, home teams seem to win more often. So if Philly is the dog, that's the play for me instead of the Lakers.

But I just don't see much value in MLs today.

The most important thing that I learned on Friday....HOME TEAMS...great observation

I am incredulous. I can't fucking believe my eyes. Matchbook has no record of my Rockets bet.

:angry:

Back