NBA ML Dogs 3.12

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
ML dogs: 78-136, 36.45%, +18.67 units
Spreads: 159-153-14, 48.77%, +4.42 units

Some interesting things bouncing around my head for today...

First off, I love the Mavericks tonight.....if Baron doesn't play. If he does, it's a crapshoot all around, and if you feel optimistic, a ML play on the Warriors may be warranted. Do understand though, Davis might AT ANY POINT decide he has "stiffness in his knee" and be to busy getting felt up by the trainers to get triple-double on the fucking Trailblazers.

So if anyone gets news of Baron Davis's status, I'd love to hear it.

Also, after last night's antics, there's a real possibility of Stephen Jackson being suspended. One doesn't throw the bball at the ref in frustration and have nothing happen to him.

Most of the starters on both teams played under 30 minutes last night. Howard played 35 to make sure they anally raped the lakers a little longer than necessary...but most everyone should be pretty fresh tonight...and in the Warriors' case, you would think they'd be motivated after last night's debacle.

As far as an actual ML play, I'm liking the Rockets. If T-Mac is hitting some of those shitty "Oh, I have the ball...I'll shoot it!" moments (he was 9 for 26 last time they met), then they will likely compete, but they'll have to play good defense - meaning they will HAVE to get rebounds off of every Phoenix miss.....cus the Suns will hit their shots.

Rafer Alston thinks he's better than he is, and he'll have to commit a few less turnovers tonight. One possibility is that the Suns come out flat. Okay, now that you've finished laughing, in an up and down run game, the Suns will win, but in a halfcourt game if the Rockets get back on defense every damned time and limit the outlet to fast breaks......then this Rockets team can very well beat the Suns.

So I am considering the Rockets at 2.5:1 or better. Best I see so far is 240 at wsex, and I'm not hitting that quite yet. I do not support a Spread play at this number. A tie game with 1 minute left leaves PLENTY of time for Tmac to miss a few from the top of the key and for Nash to hit FTs to extend any Suns lead to 7.

Toronto/Milwaukee is a classic tossup game, in my mind.

road team has won and covered the last two meetings, and Toronto is up 2-1 (ATS & SU) on the series this season. Both teams are 2-3 SU last 5, but Toronto has won their last 2.

Toronto is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games
Toronto is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
Toronto is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee
Milwaukee is 6-19 SU in its last 25 games
Milwaukee is 5-10 SU in its last 15 games at home

for whatever that is worth to you. I would love to have 2:1 for this, but I won't get it. Best I'm looking at is +170 at thegreek. Last 10, the series is split 5-5, and with the Bucks recent meltdown, they may well not be in the best of mindsets right now. And as long as they give up their average FG%(2nd worst) against of 47.8%....or likely better.

I have no wagers yet. May not make any...

I gotta say that if Barron can't go and Jackson gets suspended it'll be a long night for the Warriors. I don't think the Warriors would have any kind of chance with Sarunas Jasikevicius running point against the Mavs.

For what it's worth I think Baron plays tonight. Everything I've read seems to indicate that his knee was a bit sore last night and he didn't think it could handle the B2B indicating he would rather play tonight.

Thanks guys.

JPicks, JazzyCabbages would be an entertaining PG....I think Baron plays tonight, too, but the line is adjusting like lots of someones think he isn't...Jacks being out is somewhat irrelevant to me if Baron plays...With Davis, the Warriors are capable of 60% shooting and astounding the league with an outright win. Without Davis but with Jacks, they'll suck like last night...but worse. I'm house/dog sitting at my MIL's house or I'd watch the pregame and find out.....

I'm refreshing this occasionally:
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=636488

and those guys seem to be on top of wanting to be the first one to post any news...

BAR, that's an interesting angle...

and the Suns are 1-4 ATS last 5....They're winning, but they're edging out such powerhouses as the Hornets, Bobcats, Lakers, and losing at Philly...

Philly, btw, has been extremely valuable in winning the Big ML dogs this year in certain spots...

Ellis would play the point and Pietrus the 3....no cabbage...

Without Baron Davis they really dont have much of a chance...

Ellis would play the point and Pietrus the 3....no cabbage...

Without Baron Davis they really dont have much of a chance...

Should have clarified. I was referring to cabbage backing up Ellis. My bad. If the cabbage was running point as the starter I'd probably lay up to about 15 on the mavs.

redbearde : My plan is wait till 10-15 minutes before gametime. If Baron Davis plays anything above +5 seems like good value for an explosive offense. If he is OUT along with SJ then hard to find a number that GSW becomes attractive at....

My opinion it seems likely that he plays. I had a feeling GSW being such undisciplined team would find away to look past Portland last nite. Sitting out as a PRECAUTION tells me they definetly didnt care much if they lost to Portland..Nellie wants his revenge and knows he needs a healthy Baron IMO...FWIW

redbearde : My plan is wait till 10-15 minutes before gametime. If Baron Davis plays anything above +5 seems like good value for an explosive offense. If he is OUT along with SJ then hard to find a number that GSW becomes attractive at....

My opinion it seems likely that he plays.

I think it would be astounding if you DON'T get well over 5. 8.5 is possible.

Lord only knows how high if Baron doesn't play...

Reading this quote,

"It's hard to believe one guy could have this much effect on a team, but that looked to be the case," said head coach Don Nelson. "He wanted to play late in the game but we weren't playing well and I didn't think we had a chance to win the game so I decided to wait another."

makes me about 95% sure that he's playing. I may be reading alot into what's going on, but it seems that the Warriors thought they could handle the Blazers without Davis. Halfway through the game they realized that wasn't the case and Davis decided he wanted to play. Nelson viewed the game as a loss and decided to throw all the reserves in the game to prepare for tonight. The key being that Davis wanted to play midway through the game and the only reason Nelson didn't play him was because he thought the game was over at that point. I'm grabbing the Warriors at +8 at SB right now. It's called gambling for a reason I suppose.

mpnyc, thanks...I'm pretty not confident about the Rockets actually winning, but I like the value here...

Either Houston or Toronot cashes tonight IMO..with both having a better than 40 percent chance....if not for back to backs I would play both teams ATS for sure.

GL

I don't think B2B is an issue with toronto...it was an early game for them.

Houston had to travel, and that sucks, but Phoenix may come out flat...

:36_11_6:

okay, probably not...but it's not like it was a profoundly tough game for the Rockets.

Battier 39 minutes
Ming 35 minutes
T-mac 33 minutes
Alston 35 minutes

I'm hoping this isn't a problem...but Deke sure is fresh..hahaha...

At any rate, the guys took 68 shots and hit 36 of them...and the FTs were plentiful. It was a relatively restful game, imo.

oop....sorry. Suns on plenty of rest, could score 125 any night...bout time for the Rockets to fall flat on their faces after this little run they've been on...

that help?

Dont worry about the minutes......this is like the start of the season for Yao.....Mcgrady always has good games vs the Suns, Battier doesnt exert any energy offensively and Alston played streetball on ESPN2

Do you think the over is the safer play?
I have a personal rule: always play a suns over when it is under 210. Have faired well following this

I don't like Suns overs right now with them playing a slowdown game in the last half of the 4th. They don't care about covering spreads at all......in fact, it's like they want to to lose ATS and only win SU.

now...when DOESN'T Alston play like he's doing an And1 mixtape?

oh, and I don't think of my Houston play as a safe play as much as a value play. I think in terms of %chance to win, and I think BAR has it about right at 40%...maybe better, and at 2:1, I'll do that every day.........and I have 2.4:1.

At first glance, you may say Memphis at +125 doesn't have much value, but I would challenge that. Who is NJ to be laying ANY points on the road to anyone? You can argue that Memphis should probably be a favorite here, slightly. So that +125 looks very valuable tonight. GL!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good luck tonight redbearde! The Rockets and Raptors are good value IMO bro.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BeLIEve...that's a game I don't want to play with...I think you're right, but I don't think that's enough value to bother with....Memphis makes almost every team look frickin great....

I'm changing my mind. I'm adding dog spread plays to these two...

So I have

Rockets +6.5 -107 2 units
Rockets +240 2 units
Raptors +4.5 -103 2 units
Raptors +170 2 units

GL tonight gentlemen. No play on the Mavs as of yet...probly won't play it.

Quick note with the Warriors:

1. They suck on the road, 7-26 SU, hence lasts performance.
2. They are horrible playing B2B's to the tune of 2-15 SU and 5-12 ATS.

They are a decent home team.

Quick note with the Warriors:

1. They suck on the road, 7-26 SU, hence lasts performance.
2. They are horrible playing B2B's to the tune of 2-15 SU and 5-12 ATS.

They are a decent home team.

Last night's performance came from them not knowing what they were doing without Baron Davis....especially on defense. Turnovers led to easy buckets, and GSW couldn't stop a fish from dehydrating out of water.

B2Bs is an interesting stat...but the road vs home issue isn't quite as important as the Baron Davis vs No Baron Davis issue.

GL tonight, my friend!

Baron Davis is crucial in this game. Hes their leader and they play best when hes on the court......no starter really played in the 4th quarter either

It's awfully nerve wracking to see 3pt miss after 3pt miss go by with the Raptors...I guess I just need them to hold on to a lead, tho.

FEED BOSH.

okay, that worked out well to begin with. Now at the very least, I come away from tonight with a small profit.

Go Rockets.

Oh well. Nice of the Rockets to bother in the4th, you know? I prefer for my team to manage more than 16 fucking points.

T-mac: 8 of 28.
Howard: 7 of 7. Good thing T mac kept taking shots.
Alston: 1 of 7 from 3 pt land. He needs to get his ass back on the mixtape tour.

Suns on the other hand,

50% from the field
60% from the 3pt line

Someone tell me what the fuck happened in the 4th...

Was Tmac taking (and of course missing) every shot again? Did the rockets bother to run an offense? Or were they just tired out?

I couldn't actually see the game. Anyone here that did?

still, a good day...mostly broke even on the Spreads, and hitting 50% in the ML dogs is always good.

....damned glad I laid off the mavs.
scared.gif

ML dogs: 79-137, 36.57%, +20.07 units
Spreads: 160-154-14, 48.78%, +4.29 units

they gave up once it was double digits in the 4th......yao had nothing which I thought wouldnt be as big a problem. Barbosa was insane.......and yeah, Tmac and Skip were jacking up jumpers and we got no boards.
4th quarter was legs......Rockets are not a back to back team......veteran team against a quality team itll be tough to win those is what I realize

Back