NBA ML Dogs 2.2

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
ML Dogs: 63-110, 36.42%, +6.41 units
Spreads: 104-107-12, 46.64%, +3.34 units

I have no plays yet.

For some reason, all the games at -2.5 stick out to me...

Lakers +2.5
Twolves +2.5
Nets +2.5
Sonics +2.5

Interestingly, while Indiana has been winning recently, their first quarter performances have particularly sucked...

Celtics 30
Pacers 24

Pistons 27
Pacers 12

Raptors 23
Pacers 18

Heat 26
Pacers 21

In any event, I want no part of the game line, but the Pacers have made a habit of coming out flat. I'll be interested to see what flounder and phillyroom think about the quarters and halves today...

As far as Seattle...first, they're a homedog on friday night...that alone screams Supersonics. Second, the Bulls have sucked ass, and they continue to suck ass on the road.

Haven't seen clear news on whether Wallace will play or not, but ESPN.com has this on Sweetney...Sweetney saw five minutes of action and was abused down low by Elton Brand in the Bulls' 110-98 loss to the Clippers on Wednesday. Donbest also has Hinrich listed as questionable, but I almost certainly think he'll play. Still, RayRay will run ragged anyone trying to guard him. Collison and Wilcox should dominate the interior if the Bulls don't have Wallace.

of note:

Chicago is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Chicago is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Chicago is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Seattle
Chicago is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing Seattle
Seattle is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Seattle is 11-5 SU in its last 16 games at home
Seattle is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Chicago

The Twolves and the Hornets have been inconsistent recently. Chris Paul being back didn't help the Hornets all that much against the 76ers the other day. Paul played for 28 minutes, scored 9 points, and had 1 assist. After a week or so, he might be his old self again, but I'm thinking he still isn't quite yet.

of note

Minnesota is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games when playing New Orleans
New Orleans is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota

Unfortunately, the following is also true:

New Orleans is 9-2 ATS in its last 11 games
New Orleans is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games at home
New Orleans is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
Minnesota is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games when playing New OrleansNew Orleans is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Minnesota

The Nets thinking is largely a fade of Orlando. The Magic's recent win over the Bucks (it was a brutal slaughter, really) wasn't so much the fault of the Magic...it's just the Bucks wide open shots were rolling in and out or off the rim instead of falling in. On the other side of the ball.....the Nets have been performing remarkably well recently, even without Jefferson.

of note:
New Jersey is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
New Jersey is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
New Jersey is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games when playing Orlando
New Jersey is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Orlando
New Jersey is 9-2 ATS in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Orlando
Orlando is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games

Also, after the Nets got slaughtered at Detroit, I'm thinking they'll want to get back on track against a team that hasn't been playing much defense recently...

good luck herfh! oops, redbearde!

I'm considering those Nets myself. Gotta love that Magic slide.

Good Luck redbearde.

I see you have crossed over to the darkside (fading Milw). I think I will sit and watch. It would be very Piston-like for them to get backdoored or it could be very Buck-like and get smoked....

Sorry Red. No quarter bets tonight. For those, I turn to the more explosive teams like Phx or Dallas. If you time it right, GS and Mem are good for a few.

You're right, Indy and Lakers are both slow starters. That's why I'll pass on a quarter bet tonight.

Seattle +2 (+101)

and to recap:

Seattle +2 (+101)
Lakers 1Q +1 (-110)
Bucks +10.5 (+104)
Detroit -11 (+105)

Nets +121
Seattle +133
Twolves +125

GL redbeard. I have a parlay w/ Cavs ML and Colts ML. I'd like to get your take on that game. Bobcats have a very slim chance to win 3 straight SU, correct? Especially vs a 16-6 SU home team...

Last edited:
i used to make that mistake in the past, kinda stuck to me. Charlotte Hornets that is. :D

Red,

Have to disagree in New Orleans. For me, the loss to the Sixers was a simple letdown, and now serves as extra motivation tonight. I made them 5, and slapped 2 units on them.

I agree with your analysis on the games you played, but I have some reservations about the Nets. No doubt they have been playing very well minus the hiccup against Detroit, I just wonder if the value is gone.

Sonics at home is always one of my favorites, but the game landed on my number....

Good luck with the card.

hehehe...what a bad day...and the Seattle game was the one I really liked...alas. Not sure what the fuck happened in the 3rd...

Sorry I didn't respond to you fellas...I was out all evening.

better luck tomorrow, perhaps.

hope you fellas made some money tonight!

Back