NBA ML dogs 2.14

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
ML dogs: 70-118, 37.23%, +18.58 units
Spreads: 123-122-12, 47.68%, +4.55 units

Pistons -3 (-110) 3 units @ theGreek

Read BAR's thread for a detailed writeup. I had planned on fading the Spurs on their last game this trip anyway, and at only -3 on a B2B......fuck yeah. The Stones defense won't give up the stupid shit that the Nets did all night long. Honestly, had the Nets played like they did at the beginning of Qs 1 and 3, they could have beaten the Spurs.

I'm telling you, this team isn't what they've been in the past.

Regarding the ML dogs...

Again, I was planning on fading the Bulls for these two games. This recent home game was a tough one, and they lost it in the final moments. How heart-breaking it must be! But thanks for the payouts...I should send them a thank you note. Anyway, coming off *that* loss, the Bulls have to travel to meet a rested Kitties squad.

Now, obviously I'm not thinking Charlotte's a great team, but the Bulls have been atrocious on the road this season...notably (and again, thanks to eames):

eames said:
9-17 SU.
4-7-1 ATS AS ROAD FAVE.
3-11 ATS AS ROAD DOG.

7-18-1 ATS on the road....yowsa!! indeed...

AND, this is the last game of a very long travel schedule. One homegame notwithstanding, they lost to the Raptors..., and then they immediately hit the road for Charlotte tomorrow...bad bad spot.

of note:
Chicago is 1-3-1 SU in its last 5 games
Chicago is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Chicago is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games on the road
Chicago is 3-5-1 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Charlotte

Now, the bobcats' recent performances haven't been much better, but perhaps they're ready for a win.....to be frank, I Would Bet On The Celtics In This Spot.

At any rate, I'm seriously thinking in terms of a ML dog play...we'll see what the numbers do by tomorrow. But I hope to get about 1.5:1...though I would settle for less.

ALSO

I like the looks of

Raptors vs Nets tomorrow.

Thing is I'd expect them to be laying 6 to 8 which is ridiculous..........still might play it.

of note:
New Jersey is 7-1-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
New Jersey is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
New Jersey is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Toronto
New Jersey is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Toronto
Toronto is 8-2-1 SU in its last 11 games
Toronto is 15-5-1 ATS in its last 21 games at home
Toronto is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against New Jersey

Jersey has no kidd, no defense, and no chance. Covering a DD spread, they might be able to manage........I'm hoping the line isn't ridiculous.

One thing I despise about this and Toronto in general...
Toronto has the second worst rebounds in the league at 38.8.

If the line is significantly high, then I'll just forget about it. I have a shitload in play already.

I am also considering playing

Hawks @ Clippers

AND

I'm considering playing nothing else at all out of general principle. I've had a great run the last few days.

GL gentlenmen.

'an_horse'

I think you will see DD in Toronto. They just caught 9 at home and lost by 20. Have to think NJ is very close to Boston territory. Would be real suprised at anything less then -8 that would be a shock. You figure In SA we would have seen 14 or 15 tonite. I think we have to remember its not just Kidd but 2 other starters. Would have expected 5/5.5 if Kidd played looking at Orl and LAL spreads... so expecting -9....BOL

I saw -4.5 before the Kidd news was announced.

anyway, you're probably right about the raps/nets game...may just lay off if that's the case.

I would like to be wrong. Maybe I didnt value NJ as much as I should have saying 5 or 5.5 . If we say Kidd is worth 3 points then that 4.5 becomes 7.5 but with the other injuries I think he is worth 4 so that takes us to -8.5 and some public perception points should knock it higher...

Just talking outloud but I would love to see Tor come in shorter then my expectations..I think they will spank NJN...

These guys suck with the injury games.....

Tend to agree with Raptors, and NYK. But Tom and thurs cards gonna be hard to cap. Most players have their mind set on getting naked with Vegas strippers, or blowing was of cash on the tables!

Tend to agree with Raptors, and NYK. But Tom and thurs cards gonna be hard to cap. Most players have their mind set on getting naked with Vegas strippers, or blowing was of cash on the tables!
Thats is a very important capping tool nexy two nigfhts..seriously

GL red...maybe joining forces on Kittens:cheers:

I was hoping to get better than 120 at charlotte....might as well take the extra points on an In Case Shit basis...I do still think it's good value, but I wanted more, damnit.

too bad I can't just sell a few points at pinny anymore. Sometimes selling to a pick was better than taking the ML...heh heh heh...

DuY!, the thing about the style I choose with the ML dogs.....quite often when everyone else is screaming about having a tough time, I'm actually having an okay to good time. Every weekend someone screamed shenanigans in an NFL forum when the Titans came back to win outright.......I cashed. heh.

okay, guess I should have grabbed +3 last night...alas. It's just too good a spot to continue hating on the bulls this week...

Bobcats +2 (+100) matchbook

I kinda liked the sonics as dogs, but now that the roles are switched, eh, fuggit.

I'd love to keep fading the Nets, but 9.5 is just a teensy bit higher than I'd like. I'd expect the Raptors to win by 25 just like the spurs, but the chance of garbage time screwing the cover is damned high...both teams on B2B and some travel.......anyway, I'm not starved for action, so with chances not being as good as I like, I'll not play the raptors today.

MILK is at +5.5 (+104) at matchbook right now. Again, if you're an action junkie, this isn't a bad spot at all for them to actually grab a win. Need I remind you of Boston's atrocious home numbers? yowsa!!

I guess missing value is why I shouldn't sleep in.........alas....

Good Luck Red. Havent really deciphered tonite's mess yet. Do I win a prize for Tor opening at -9??? J/K....I tend to agree its blowout city probaly cause the game has so much significance. BOL again

you are hereby awarded 1000 silver quatloos for being right about the toronto line!

heh....likely a blowout...not likely enough for me to dick with.

GL to you Nut!

Pistons shooting 31.6% in the first half.
Spurs shooting 56.1% in the first half.

I am surprised to say the least.

Alas. if anyone but Chauncey took half his shots, maybe the stones could have won. I've never seen such a display of shitty shooting on one's homecourt in my life.

grumble. At least the kitties covered...helps mitigate the loss.

Hope so, bro! .............like my line?

:36_11_6:

Im not usually one to scout out lines and look at early matchups but when i saw it at +1.5 last night, i knew they werent gonna play boris, no need to rush him back.. and i knew there was no one on the suns who could check allen and lewis. Their defense has been god awful lately. Marion is a role player without nash, and thats being kind. Should have gone bigger.. But i had all my money tied up on some other pending plays :cheers:

lmao did u see that guy ask bush if he is using the same thinking of w.m.d. with iran( and them supplyin weapons) and usuing it as another excuse to go to war.. bush was like uh..uh.. haha im right wing but god this guy is a clown

I saw him speak during the press conference today...

this is more a general idea than actual quote. The sound was off and the closed-captioning was on...but he essentially said this:

"we don't have proof that the orders are coming from ACKmadennyjahd, but we DO know that weapons suppled by Syria are killing our troops...AND killing coalition troops...and I'm going to do something about it."

the bold part is the important part in my mind.

If we don't already have a few troops poking around in Iran, I would be shocked. As I understand it, we had a few early recon guys in Afghanistan within a week of the 9/11 attacks...

I would open up a thread in GD, "is Bush an idiot", but I already know what I'll get...what's the point? There's no more stupid question to ask than the one you already know the answer to. He's not stupid, but he has the oration ability of the Great Elmer Fudd....after Reagan, the great communicator, we had a brief letdown in Bush41...then we had Clinton who rivals some of the greatest and most effective orators in history (IMO).........then we get Bush 43....he mis-speaks regularly. He bumbles himself into "I'm the decider"...

and he does it deliberately sometimes (nukeyaler - I've heard him say it properly and then correct himself back to nukeyaler...)...such a smartass. The biggest mistake the democrats have made is to assume he's an idiot and some of these faux pas aren't intentional...

Bush 41 used to say "sad-damn who-sane" because they were under the impression that it annoyed Saddam...

anyway, he certainly does have a public speaking problem......

back to tonight's events...

GOOD WIN for us on the Sonics. That limits the day's horrible loss down to a unit and some juice. hurray.

ML dogs: 70-118, 37.23%, +18.58 units
Spreads: 125-123-12, 48.08%, +3.23 units

Back