NBA ML dogs 12.07

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
ML dogs: 30-44, 40.54%, +10.855 units

I'm looking for the Pistons tomorrow...what I play will depend on the number, and catching 7 or 8, it ought to be tolerable.....if it gets bet down a couple, I may not bother with it.

............whoh. Out already. Welp, okay.

Pistons +252

I think One of two things will happen...Either the Pistons will compete and have at least a 50/50 shot at the win, or they will start slow, let Dallas put up 40 in the 1st, and they'll be completely fucking blown out....that's not to say the points are useless, but the considerations aren't quite the same for my ML thinkings...situationally, you gotta believe the pistons will want redemption after the skullfucking they took from the blazers the other night.......yes, a homeloss (even just 2pt) to Portland's nba franchise qualifies as a skullfucking...

as for spreads....

last night 3-3, +.43 units

....really not thrilled with the fucking ass nuggets folding up tents in the 3rd and letting what should have been a tired Hawks team not only cover......but win outright....which, face it, we saw coming once they got it within 6 and the nugs did NOTHING to counteract the run. missed layups...missed FTs....

ASSCLOWNS.

year: 25-20-3, 52.08%, +10.524 units

Suns -3.5 +102 & +105
Kings -6 +115

I hit these about the time the nuggets finished shitting themselves but before they were able to clean up...If the number at Heat +6 gets appreciably positive, I may well buy out of that one........Kings SHOULD get home and feel the need to redeem themselves against a supposedly weaker Heat team. I like that team, especially at home, but I'm not so sure I'm liking the game enough to keep money on it...

Especially on a Thursday.

The Suns, tho, while I hate to be on the other side of the master(s?), I will not get off of. I like this team for vengeance, for Amare getting back to form, for the Nets' players being too bored with their own individual greatness to bother playing hard...

I will take the Suns -damn near anything over 6 against perhaps they laziest damned team in this league. Carter, Jefferson, and Kidd should have more respect for themselves than to let a team with that sort talent lose so often and so spectacularly.

The Nets seem to win enough for the core of the team and the coach to not get traded and fired...and that's it. I've seen flashes of superhuman greatness........like VC has a shitty game until he feels screwed by the refs and he makes a 3pt shot at the end that was actually a massive BRICK....but because of the new ball and some divine intervention, he tied the game up with it...but beyond that......this team doesn't care. They know it's a job.

Most teams don't temper their competitive spirit that much, and the Suns are going to run all damn night...they embarrassed the Kings spectacularly the other night...and while the 3s were pretty, it was really the interior domination that did it......and the Nets don't have a quick interior to match up. Amare, Marion, Diaw, Thomas....these guys will twist and turn all over Krstic...Kidd ain't one anymore, and he can't run with Nash for half the night......and then there's Barbosa.

I just don't see how the Nets match up favorably most anywhere.

Now, perhaps the Suns have an off night. Or perhaps Kidd, Carter, Jefferson, and Krstic outshoot the Suns. Fine. That'll happen sometimes. But when I ask myself, okay redbearde, who do you take in a shootout between the Nets and the Suns, I pick the Suns to win by DD every damn day. It may not win every day, but I think it's more likely to than no, and as we like to tell the timid in the choir, sin(g) boldly! So I will boldly sell points as much as I can (or could a few hours ago) and take the Suns for all they're worth - a standard wager.

.........................or I could be completely wrong.

BAR is smarter than I am, so you might consider his opinion much more than mine.

:smiley_acbe:

We are just east of Harrisburg, PA tonight....for all none of you keeping track.

RED You dont REALLY Think Anyone is READING All of That TRIPE do You?

ehh!!

Although A Joisey win wont surprise me i Am with You on The suns. And we have The HEADLINE Angle working For Us:

SUNS MELT-BURN-FRY NETS.

elshwere Good luck with Your card Amigo.

Also: why NEW HAMPSHIRE? Family? vacation house?

i Ask because i Am looking into buying There...

'an_horse'

ML dog record now: 30-42 +15.90 units
Spread record: 4-3 +0.71 units

Yeah no kidding that Nuggets loss last night sucked.

ML dogs for today:

Detroit +252
Miami +200

I agree with you redbearde, Detroit should come to play tonight and this game will probably be tight all the way. Pistons have a great shot at the upset.
Now with Miami I think they've got a great shot as well. The Heat have won their last 5 against the Kings, including at Sacramento about this time last year without Shaq. So recent history shows Miami owns Sac. The Heat are really close to putting it together and I really think they should have won at the Clippers on Tuesday. They shot only 41% FGs and were an ungodly 3 for 25 on 3's. Riley was not too thrilled about the shot selection and wants them to only take "quality three's" from now on. So I expect a little more patience on offense tonight and working the ball down low to Mourning and Haslem, who should have good games tonight especially if Artest is still out.
I'm not quite sure what's going on with Jason Williams as he went from 37 minutes against Memphis to only 18 minutes against the Clips. Hopefully he'll be able to play more than 30 tonight.
FWIW, Wade didn't practice yesterday. From the Miami Herald article in the link above:

Dwyane Wade did not practice Wednesday because of inflammation in the area of a wisdom tooth. Wade awoke with a toothache, went to a dentist and could have had the tooth removed, but decided against it so he wouldn't have to miss tonight's game against the Kings.
It's still uncertain whether the tooth extraction will be absolutely necessary at any point during the season, but Wade would prefer not to have to miss time because of it. Allen Iverson missed two games in November after undergoing oral surgery to remove an abscessed wisdom tooth.

Good luck redbearde. Or I should say good health to you on your Kings bet if you don't hedge out of it!
:shake:

Always like the Kings @ home, but with a questionable Artest I can't do it. I don't think the line would be much higher either even if Artest was 100% which I don't like. I think they get it done though.

Good health on the Suns... other side tonight but agree they are a superior team in almost every way.

eames, no one reads my drivel....90% of the people who view my threads only want to see what you have to say...

my sister lives in NH, and I've considered moving there and joining the free state project...but my wife likes the NC mountains, and TN suits me fairly well...

if NH is better than where you are now depends entirely on your priorities.

mac, bar, inspekdah, GL and let's win some tonight. ...I have not hedged off of the Kings.

wassup redbearde

I just saw something funny and wanted to share
Career night for Kidd?
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=columnrow align=middle><TH align=left width="50%">6:56 left in 4th </TH><TD width="10%">1</TD><TD width="10%">2</TD><TD width="10%">3</TD><TD width="10%">4</TD><TH width="10%">T</TH></TR><TR class=scoresrow align=middle><TD class=NBAPHO noWrap align=left height=17>Phoenix</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>11</TD><TD class=finalscore width="10%">103</TD></TR><TR class=scoresrow align=middle><TD class=NBANJ noWrap align=left height=17>New Jersey</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>15</TD><TD class=finalscore width="10%">105</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=scoresrow><TD class="" id=alerts1119654><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=scoresrow><TD id=plays1119654><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>PHO: </TD><TD>S. Marion, 24-Pts
A. Stoudemire, 9-Rbs
S. Nash, 12-Ast
</TD><TD>NJ: </TD><TD>V. Carter, 23-Pts
J. Kidd, 11-Rbs
J. Kidd, 103-Ast
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well we're going to OT in Sacramento. What a bunch of bullcrap that loose ball foul on Zo was to let Sac tie the game with 4 seconds left. If the Heat lose I'll be pissed.

:moose:

Yeah Wade fouled Bibby there at the end of OT. But I don't feel bad, the Heat got screwed at the end of regulation and the Kings got screwed at the end of OT. That's life. But more importantly, the Heat +200 hits!:cheers:

Well yeah he scored 7 out of Miami's 8 points in OT. But I was somewhat disappointed in his shot selection in the final couple minutes. There was really no need for him to drive the lane with about 14 seconds on the shot clock with maybe a little less than 2 minutes to go and the Heat up by 5 I think it was. In that situation you pull it back and try to find an open guy and you milk the clock a bit better than that. Now if he would have made the shot, then I wouldn't be saying that, LOL. And then he missed a couple more where it seemed to me he was forcing it. But a wins a win. And that one was huge for the Heat.

:drink:

nice cash on the heat...that spread play was not my best decision...but MAC...what a DAY for you...2-0, bro! GJ!

I still made money today...tho not as much...hahaha

ML dogs: 31-44, 41.33%, +13.375 units
spreads: 26-21-3, 52%, +10.594 units

there have got to be a couple or three we can find in that huge card tomorrow...

PURPLE & GOLD said:
wassup redbearde

I just saw something funny and wanted to share
Career night for Kidd?
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=columnrow align=middle><TH align=left width="50%">6:56 left in 4th </TH><TD width="10%">1</TD><TD width="10%">2</TD><TD width="10%">3</TD><TD width="10%">4</TD><TH width="10%">T</TH></TR><TR class=scoresrow align=middle><TD class=NBAPHO noWrap align=left height=17>Phoenix</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>11</TD><TD class=finalscore width="10%">103</TD></TR><TR class=scoresrow align=middle><TD class=NBANJ noWrap align=left height=17>New Jersey</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>15</TD><TD class=finalscore width="10%">105</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=scoresrow><TD class="" id=alerts1119654><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=scoresrow><TD id=plays1119654><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>PHO: </TD><TD>S. Marion, 24-Pts
A. Stoudemire, 9-Rbs
S. Nash, 12-Ast
</TD><TD>NJ: </TD><TD>V. Carter, 23-Pts
J. Kidd, 11-Rbs
J. Kidd, 103-Ast
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

now THAT is impressive.

Back