NBA ML dogs 11/21

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
ML dogs: 11-9, 55%, 10.4 units

Washington @ Charlotte

I'm not too clear on Gilbachi's sitting out tonight, but they obviously didn't need his help vs the 76ers. The bullets toyed with philly, and then beat all holy hell out of the 76ers late....up by 30 at one point. Charlotte, otoh, hasn't faced a good team since Houston on the 11th...and they're off a win Monday vs Portland. In short, I honestly thought the Bobcats would be the dog in this one. I thought this would be a good spot to take them, and I was looking forward to it. NOW, though, I'm looking at 5 full points with the Bullets, and they're playing DAMN good ball even without agent zero.

No one will be tired. Caron played 26 mins. Jamison played 33 mins. Daniels played 31mins. Gilbert, obviously, didn't play at all. As long as the bullets keep the turnovers to a minimum, they can dictate tempo in this game, and with McInnis taking time on the court, that's a wonderful opportunity for the Bullets to capitalize on TOs.

Washington is in the midst of a 4th in 5, and they're on the first B2B.
Washington is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games when playing Charlotte
Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Charlotte
Charlotte leads the league in three points made allowed with 4.6 per game.

I'm not sure if I'll get it, but I'd really like 2:1 for the Bullets on this one.

Nothing is a sure thing, but if I could have one of these every night, then I'd be a very rich man.

Golden St @ Boston

I really have no interest in this game. I don't know if they'll run or not, try the halftime game, or not, and I don't have any idea how the Warriors will defend the Celtics (aside from badly). I think betting on this one would be supremely optimistic and speculative, and I think there are far better games to worry about. This one does appear to fit in with one of Betcrimes' trend threads above. Boston is off 2 days rest, and GSW is on a B2B. I believe the play would be GSW +points.

GSW is on a brutal eastern road trip schedule.

Sun: @ Toronto
Mon: off
Tue: @ New York
Wed: @ Boston
Thu: off
Fri: @ Washington
Sat: @ Philadelphia
Sun: off
Mon: HOME vs Phoenix - they'll get CRUSHED in this one, I think.
Tues: off
Wed: @ Sac
Thu: HOME vs Houston

no rest for the weary.

Atlanta @ Miami

Flash is playing well, but the rest of the Heat just can't. It may be worthwhile to take the Hawks on the ML if the kids can get into a running game. The old fart tank in the middle can't run, and Mourning's knees may not let him, either. Nonetheless, it'll be tough for them to manage the win, I think. Miami is off 3 days rest, and they may be out of rhythm. At 8.5, this may be just stupid high, and I'll do it.

Both Johnsons played 40+ minutes, and Marvin Williams played 35., Childress 32, and Smith played 30. They are young, though, and if they move the damn ball they may well get some good open looks. Before I do anything, I'll look around at the Atlanta guys here...some of you fellas really know your team.

Dallas @ Houston

Word is that T-Mac is going to play. At least he said he is.

Mavs won the last 9 of 10.
Mavs won ATS 7 of last 10.
Rockets are off 3 days of rest, and T-Mac's been out for over a week.
Dallas had a tough game vs Toronto, but they managed to win SU and lose ATS.

I expect a big night from the mavs tomorrow, but I'm not sure I want to lay much road chalk.

Mavs are entering a 4th in 5.
Houston..well...isn't.

New Yuck @ Detroit

This game should be an absolute slaughter. Only thing to worry about is the pistons shaving and letting a backdoor cover come in. I'll be watching the BAR system closely on this game.

The Knicks are playing galactically horrible basketball. They made the Warriors look GOOD on defense - MORE than competent...it was a pathetic showing by the NY boys.

Knicks are on a B2B.
Detroit is off 2 days rest.

I think McDyess will be on the court again.

12 points is an awful lot of chalk, but it's the sort of situation that might warrant laying it. No play for me as of yet.

Cleveland @ Minnesota

I hate Cleveland this year. Lebron is great, but the rest of them suck ass. Cavs just lost to Milwaukee at home...giving up 111. Now they face Minny...this is possibly a worse team than the Bucks. Can they manage a loss again? Minny is off 2 losses (big ones to New Orleans & Washington), and 3 days rest since then. Let me say again that I hate Cleveland this year, but I think they're a pretty good play tomorrow - especially off the loss tonight. If Lebron drives to the hoop instead of taking seven 3pt shots last night (and hitting 1), then the Cavs should be more than in this one....

Gibson hit 5 of 8 from 3 against the Bucks.
Minnesota has the third worst defensive field goal percentage against allowing 47.7.
The Cavs should want to get back over .500.

this one isn't high on my list, but I do think it's a pretty good bet.

Indiana @ New Orleans

I don't understand this pacers team, but I don't think Chandler plays tomorrow. Not sure what his problem is, but his knee looked absolutely fine to me...then he just crumpled with a vaginal cramp. He'll hide his face under a bonnet for a while. If the Pacers can shoot, then they'll blow the Hornets away. If they can't shoot, then Pargo can lead the Hornets to a solid win without Chris Paul even showing up for the game.

Pacers are on a B2B.
Hornets are off a loss to Orlando at home on Monday and a day off yesterday.

No line yet. Possible ML play for me. We'll see what I can get before I actually take the play.

Toronto @ Memphis

I can't figure out the Grizzlies or raptors either. I guess it's jump-shooter syndrome. That's what Chicago has this season so far...Occasionally they'll have a game where they can't miss, but then they'll have 3 where they can't hit shit in a plugged toilet. This strikes me as a crapshoot game, and I want no part of it. You fellas who understand these fucks, you enjoy.

Los Angeles @ Milwaukee

I think this is a very good line at about a pick, and I kinda expect a lot more points than 204.....I may well be on this over. Will someone who actually watched the Lakers/Pacers game give me rundown on why the score is so incredibly high? I mean, obviously the Lakers were hitting 3s, but were the Pacers just not contesting them?

Orlando @ San Antonio

I really look forward to this one. I think the Magic will probably do what the Mavs did to the Spurs, and if they do, then there should be a very good chance of an Orlando win. Well, by very good I mean if I get 2:1, then I have a 40% chance.

Spurs are on a B2B, and early in the year, again, they're not playing so well for these.

Bowen, Duncan, and Finley all played 32 minutes. Parker played 33 mins. That's not a ton of minutes, of course, but it might wear on these old farts a little bit.......

Magic are off a win over the Hornets and a day off.

again, I think 2:1 might be worthwhile.

Sacramento @ Phoenix - Suns tried every way they could to lose to the Kings in Sacramento. It won't happen again. Nonetheless, I won't be laying points like 13....ick. 217.5 strikes me as high for a total in this one.

New Jersey @ Portland - I think the trailblazers will win. I'm not sure where this line will be. I hope VC's sore vagina will get better and get him back in this game so I get a good number.......doubt it........

Nets are off about 4 thousand losses and a day off.
Blazers are off 4 losses and a day off.

...Nets are redefining SUCK every time out. Love to play the blazers tomorrow...

Denver @ LA Clippers

I have Nugs -3.5 (-110)

I also fully support a spread play on this one. San Antonio hasn't covered on the second of a B2B yet this year, and Orlando hasn't lost ATS on the road yet.

might want to think about SAC...If all my money was not already tied up...I would play the +1050 for $50...GL

Honestly, I've given some thought to that. But I really think the kings chances of a win are extraordinarily small. We won't see another quarter and a half of shit play out of the Suns like we did last night...

that's my guess, anyway.

I think you would take them at 2400 :smiley_acbe:. Why so negative. Team had 2 days off before their game yesterday. In my mind Gilbert being out is actually a positive. They can just play without catering to a headcase. Bobcats are a decent team but every win has been against teams in very bad form, bad spots or both. Just do not see why this is a bad spot for Washington and their form is fine. I took 7 plus a little ml. GL

The Clips don't have half their starting lineup...Camby can play Kaman just fine....not sure where the Clips are going to get their points.

I agree with you about the Bullets tho...not sure about them being better without the headcase, but I do think they can and will compete with the bobcat tonight.

Bullets +235

and no, Tuck, I would not play the Clips at +2400 tonight. They don't pass the first criteria which is a chance at a win.

:shake:

GL tonight redbearde, haven't had much time to post much lately but I definitely appreciate all the information you have been providing.

reNew, glad it helps.

Good ML night for me. Bad spread night. If the Nugs manage to cover, then it should be a good overall night.

ML dogs: 13-10, 56.52%, +15.13 units
spreads: ghastly.

Back