NBA ML dogs 1.15 look ahead

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
ML dogs: 53-95, 35.81%, -4.995 units
Spreads: 75-66-8, 50.34%, +14.782 units

Very good day yesterday. the BAR/Killa collaborations tend to help the day...

My ML dog plays have been atrocious recently. My initial thought on today was to take the day off, but as everyone bets on the Mavericks, the number for the Raptors (completely healthy now) should garner more and more value. I may be compelled to play it eventually...on the ML. I will not be playing the spread, though I wouldn't shit on anyone for doing so. I think it's a solid play, and I don't think that about many dog spreads...

Regarding the portland/denver game, I think it's a monumental clusterfuck in the making. Jack is out which is a huge loss at QB for the Blazers. Camby is questionable, and he would be a huge loss at DT for the Nuggets...though the starting OLB Najera can tackle Randolph a few times.......every missed outside shot by the trailblazers should equal a layup for the nuggets (the backcourts are totally incomparable). With Camby out, there's only so many times Najera can foul Randolph before 6 get called on him. Can Nene cover him on the wing? Uh, not likely. Will they triple team him thereby giving him a triple double chance with assists?

Looking ahead to Monday.......

A western team coming east for a 1pm game strikes me as a good situation for a flat performance. Washington has been getting the bullets stuffed up their asses recently, and it would surprise me if they're not a tiny dog at home to a relatively erupting Jizz team. That being the case, I'll be playing them.

An undermanned frontcourt coming to Charlotte will be another clusterfuck of a game if Felton's injury (he hurt his knee or ankle last night coming down funny after a shot) keeps him out. Maybe he's fine, but this is key if you're giving thought to betting the Bobcats. On the other hand, if the injury isn't long-term, then the combination of Felton and McInnis returning home (his last attempt spoiled - hahaha) should lead to utter backcourt domination by the Bobcats...who have been playing surprisingly well recently, even in the face of adversity.

New York is hosting a flakey Sacramento squad off of a heartbreaking OT loss to Houston last night. If Q can keep hitting shots like he's T-mac or Kobe and Starbury refrains from shaving points, then this little win streak the Knicks are on could very well continue. Not sure how the line's going to look. I'd expect a short Knicks fave situation, but at Sack on Jan 2nd, the Knicks were 9.5pt dogs...Which should make for a Knicks Dog....which I'll jump on like...a......another dog...yeah. Well, anyway, seems to me this is a good spot for the Knicks and a rough spot for the Kings.

Toronto, especially if they win today, might present us with some value in the 76ers tomorrow...It would not shock me at all to see Philly win that one.

Boston at Atlanta. Whoever the dog is. Who the fuck knows what's going to happen in that shitfest.......OVER?

I'm also moderately interested in Golden State and Memphis...memphis especially off the embarrassing shellacking they took at the hands of the Bulls. And also it seems to me that Phoenix has been slowing down the game in the last half of the 4th Q. They stop the early shotclock/late transition offense and try to eat up 15 seconds instead of getting the frenetic buckets they're used to getting. They've been letting decent teams get back into the games, and even against a quality team on a run like Orlando, they stopped playing their style in the last 6 minutes. I mean, it's not like they're playing the cavaliers every night anymore....

The total strikes me as an utterly fascinating no-play unless they make it 240......in which case I'll happily play the under. But I don't think an automatic over play is warranted even if it's jackass low like 217.

Golden State is more a fade of the Clippers. I'll have to give that one some brainpan time before try spouting off about it.

These are just some general impressions...in the process of organizing, I find that I somehow MISSED THE TRADE wherein Boykins and Hodge were traded for Steve Blake.

I know they need a PG, but goddamn........is he going to be a starter in the NBA on a team other than portland? Are you fucking kidding me?

I would deliriously love thoughtful comments and criticisms. Since I am about to go to sleep (at least I hope I'm about to sleep; insomnia sucks ass, you see), so I may not bother with today at all. If I play the Raptors it'll be just before tip.

SO GO BET THE MAVS.
jumpy.gif

But I won't be around til this afternoon or evening to discuss. But I would like feedback. So if you'd take the time, I'd be appreciative.

I wont begin spending on energy considering Monday for hours yet.

But I think you'll find the Knicks winning streak has already been put paid to by Charlotte.

I have some questions for you Red..

Actually the ML issue first ...I think someone like you is bewteen a rock and hard a place. Now I say that cause I have an idea of what type of money your playing with and what your are goals are. Its seems we see alot of the Dogs paying that are off the type that would be hard to put ones money on.....the ugly ducklings so to speak.....while the attractive ones like say a Toronto today......just seem to find that way to lose late...which does 2 things IMO : frustrates the fuck out of you , which is understandable but also makes it easy to keep playing those dogs that finds ways to not pay.....like me yesterday loved Miami +8 but really couldnt get myself to play the ML all that heavily....but it payed...sort of start thinking illogical and get on ML dogs where the lines seem tobe to fat rather then present value as far as odds of winning/paying..

Okay well the point is right now it seems the ugly duckling dogs and the harder to believe dogs ar paying off....so my suggestions is slightily tweaking your approach..

the other is are you really an insomniac? Spent a good part of the last 5 years or so dealing with sleep issues....its no fun and when it became insomnia oh what I wasted life I led...I'd been interested in hearing about it since I have basically been through it all...if you were serious...

Looking at Monday early could be a nice DOG day...first glance and this will change is the only fav that stands out to me as even attractive might be SA...

Betcrimes, yes, I did indeed find that...Charlotte's a wacky club. ...the cream of the crop of the shit clubs, now.

SN, yes I do get insomnia semi-regularly. I used to deal with it by staying up all day, all night, and then all day again, and THEN I wouldn't have a problem sleeping. I'm getting older, and I can't do that so easily anymore...and we live somewhat in the boonies, so if I do that and we have to drive somewhere, then I'm putting my family's lives in danger. Sometimes I just get my days and nights flopped. Life goes on.

<i>
Okay well the point is right now it seems the ugly duckling dogs and the harder to believe dogs ar paying off....so my suggestions is slightily tweaking your approach..</i>

This happened last year, too. Early on I did very well, and then I lost 33% of my winnings over the course of a week or two because some crazy ass MLs came in...and the ones you would think would hit, like Toronto today(I slept trhough it, btw), would lose by a point. So I stopped. Which is somewhat what I've done this year. I've played some lately, but for the most part I'm playing spreads right now.

One fortunate thing is that my ML unit is only 40% of my spread unit. ...don't ask.

But I'm at a loss for how to tweak the style...I've just cut down a bit more which teams I bet on. Perhaps I should take a collection of 5 or 7......or only bet when I bet on all of the days' dogs.

But I've seen many days when every ML dog lost... So I'm not sure shotgunning at it is a good idea, either.

I do think I should take more days off...but like you I see a lot of dog opportunities tomorrow.

:beer:

DuY!, that's an attractive girly you have on your arm there...

thanks for your thoughts. I think perhaps the spurs may be a good play even if Wallace doesn't sit out...

I'm having trouble figuring out how to post my plays.......because nothing has been filled out. I don't expect them to until tomorrow, anyway...

But what I'm waiting on so far...

Washington -3
New York -1
Charlotte -5.5
San Antonio -2
SA/Chi U185.5
Tor/Philly U194
Miami +5.5

If and when my bets get filled in, I'll post the juice I locked in. This exchange stuff is an interesting competition in and of itself.

I'm unclear, for instance, on the rationale of offering

$1182 on Under 194 (-300)
or
Spurs -2 (-135) for $3

I mean, is this a joke?

Okay, I have a bet for today...how nice is that? at least I assume that's what a "matched bet" is...

Bullets -3 (-103)

EDIT

....NOPE.

I was fooled...someone matched my bet for ZERO whole dollars.

I guess someone else is trying to learn the system too...

bearde, aren't you concerned that the Jazz might actually win this outright? i honestly thought you'd be playing the Jazz ML here as they are pretty capable of winning this one.

I think the bullets are too tough at home. I think situationally, they're tired as all fuck of losing the last couple. ...so sure, the Jazz is a capable team, but I don't think they'll make it this time. Too early in the day...too much Gilbachi at home.........

just my opinion. I've been wrong before.

:shake:

GL on your picks today redbearde. I like Washington to take care of business at home on mlk day. The simple fact is they play great infront of the home crowd and Utah has lost 3 straight.

Heat +5 (+103) 2 units................whoops.

I guess this is the fanger of using something new. GO DWAYNE WADES.

driver said:
I really hate to see you on the other side of the Wiz/uta game. GL to the both of us. :shake:

ooooooo....yer on Utah, huh? Well, GL on all your other plays, and I hope you go down spectacularly in THIS particular one. Can ya feel the love?

I like the writeups Redbearde, on my Spurs so far, still looking at other plays. GL tonight man :shake: :cheers:

redbearde said:
ooooooo....yer on Utah, huh? Well, GL on all your other plays, and I hope you go down spectacularly in THIS particular one. Can ya feel the love?

LOL. Likewise, bearde, likewise.

:Cheers:

Satyr, thanks bro. GL to you too.

Driver, of course. And hey, if you have the Jizz ML, I don't want them to lose by 1 or 2...If I lose this game, I want to lose it enough for you to win with.

:shake:

Memphis +9.5 (-108)

Anyone who likes the over at all in this one, and I do...some...should give this spread some serious thought. Even if Phoenix jumps out to a 20 pt lead, they have let teams back in at the end of games. And I do think the Grizz will keep it respectable...if not thoroughly competitive.

GL tonight folks.

Okay, So I actually have

Knicks -2 (-110):angry:
Knicks -1.5 (-105)
Bullets -3 (-107)
Bobcats -5.5 (-105)
Tor/Phil U192.5 (-102)
Heat +5 (+103)
Spurs -2.5 (-109)
San/Chi Under 184.5 (-106)
Grizzlies +9.5 (-108)

redbearde said:
note to self. bet just before gametime......

I think Grizz ML falls into that type of play that u couldnt imagine that will hit. I will be playing 420 on the spread and 180 on the ML

you had the right side. Gilbachi saved me with a push.

I'm just fucking happy as hell that I got lucky with the Knicks win...especially since I had 2 plays on em...

Back