NBA ML Dogs 1/11

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
Suns was a huge mistake yesterday. Heh. oh well.

tonight:

Bulls pk +125

Deng was aiming for this one to come back. Nocioni should return to form coming off the bench and getting over the flu. Duhon will probably still look like shit, but Gordon will get his. I hope Hinrich keeps play well.

76ers are on quite a drop right now (5 game losing streak). Downside for this is that if they don't win this game, then they may not win a game until the 19th when they get a rematch against the Raptors.

76ers won the last meeting on Nov 2 at Chicago. It's the Bulls turn tonight.

Road team is 17-8 ATS in the last 25 meetings.
Chicago is 6-4 SU in the last 10 meetings.

Chicago is 4-10 ATS in its last 14 games
Philadelphia is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
Philadelphia is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
Philadelphia is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home

Bulls are 3-11 ATS in their last 14 games as an underdog.
Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Friday games.
76ers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games as a home favorite.
76ers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
76ers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games.
76ers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall.

What about Milwaukee ML? They have own the Lakers in the past few match-ups....Redd is playing?

Scores and Odds has Deng out tonight.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/736300,CST-SPT-bull11.article

Boylan hopes to have forward Luol Deng back. The team's second-leading scorer missed the last two games because of left Achilles tendinitis but went through half of practice Thursday.

''I don't think I'm far away,'' Deng said. ''We think it's coming from my back [problems]. Pushing off, it bothered me. We'll see how it feels at shootaround [this morning]. Maybe Sunday [at Atlanta].''

Forward Andres Nocioni, whose severe flu limited him 15 minutes in the loss to the Knicks, expects to play tonight. Kirk Hinrich, another flu victim, also practiced Thursday.

Maybe Scores and Odds knows more than the Chicago Tribune, but it looks questionable for Deng (and he wants to play), and likely for the others.

What about Milwaukee ML? They have own the Lakers in the past few match-ups....Redd is playing?

Milwaukee has won the last 3. Lakers won the 7 before that.

Redd is back, but he'll likely be coming off the bench.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/archive/2008/01/10/michael-redd-super-sub.aspx

thing is...

the Lakers have been incredible recently.

Lakers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Friday games.
Lakers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
Lakers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games.
Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite.
Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a home favorite.

and before you get too excited about the Bucks on the road, do remember:

Milwaukee is 5-16 SU in its last 21 games on the road
Milwaukee is 2-11 SU in their last 13 games when playing on the road against LA Lakers

Yes, it is true that Milwaukee won the last 3 meetings. Yet the most recent win in LA was in 2006, and the Bucks beating the Lakers at home twice since then is good, but remember the Bucks tend to play much better at home than on the road. The Bucks shoot 44.9% overall and 43% away. Lakers shoot 50.7% at home and they allow only 42.2% on the defensive end.

more to the point, I'm not real keen on fading this:

LA Lakers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
LA Lakers are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games
LA Lakers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games at home
LA Lakers are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games at home

This includes winning AT New Orleans, crushing Indy and Philly, beating Phoenix and Utah.

Now, I know the Bucks have been on a nice little streak themselves, but in the last 5 games, the Bucks beat the Heat twice, barely beat Philly in a horrible spot, and squeaked out a win at Charlotte. None of these are tough teams.

I can kinda see a Bucks +12 play, but a ML play strikes me as prohibitively unlikely.

two dogs won straight up tonight. Washington and Chicago. It's days like this that give me an overly developed opinion of myself. The Bullets was the other team I was thinking of giving a try tonight, but I didn't like the number.

I'm going to bask in my own delusions for a while...

Back