NBA is the toughest sport to...

• Thread starter Thread starter ddk997
  • Start date Start date
D

ddk997

CAP...FACT.

Fine example Lakers past three games should have easily covered, all fell apart in the 4th with less than 7 minutes left after covering by more than double the spread.

Over/Unders may be the only way to CAP the NBA IMO, however a fine example happened today

Over Bobcats/Houston - 109-95(209 o/u) Bobcats had 93 points with 5 minutes left in the 4th.
Over Kings/Knicks - 120-81 (204 o/u) Kings had 11 points in the 2nd quarter... missed a bunch in the 4th along with the Knicks until the last two minutes barrage.
Under Suns/Warriors - 113-93(204 o/u) Last buck with 10 seconds left made it over

You see these types of thing every day in the NBA, you see big spreads losing straight up (OKC and ATL today) or teams with huge spreads covering (HOU,NYK), or games by half points (Utah,Suns,Bucks) you see games by one-four points to the spreads. Again, this happens everyday...why do we bother with the NBA...who knows?

Safe to say, it's the hardest game to cap. FACT

:shake:

It's really not. If you actually get to know and understand players and teams it's not hard at all. To each their own.

Stop crying like a little girl.

:shake:

Meh... No offense, but if you find it that hard to handicap, maybe you just shouldn't bother? I'm not saying it's easy by any stretch of the imagination and, of course, you're always going to end up with bs results from time to time, but that's every sport. What's the alternative? Place 5 bets a season when all the stars align? It is what it is. Just pick your spots and don't pick games where you're just going to end up saying to yourself "I should've known..." That's the sure fire way of driving yourself crazy...

Never tried to cover any other sport but basketball, but 8 years in a row of profit in NBA, without even one minus season speaks for itself.
I think that NBA will always have games that defy logic. But this is very small portion of them and in a course of a season, they equal maybe 2% of my entire bets (and usually you win half of them and lose half of them).
If you cap this league right, I don't think it's a hard league at all...

going on 10 years in a row of 100+ unit profit in NBA, (documented on another site) I think NBA is the easiest but many disagree

Back