NBA Injuries & Issues for Tuesday

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
I try to look every day, but I do have a family to spend part of my life with, and I'm never sure I'll be here. I don't mind compiling this stuff, but all I'm doing is taking stuff from rotoworld, realgm, and a couple sites with detailed matchup info and putting it together for each game.

Please feel free to update this thread as news, especially of who is in and out, as it becomes available.

a couple key guys returned Monday:

Boozer had 24 pts, 15rebs, 5 assists, and 4 steals.
Mehmet Okur had 25 pts on 10 of 14 from the field.

This is against the Heat defense which, contrary to popular belief, isn't bad at all. The Heat just can't score worth a shit.

Anyway, looks like those injuries aren't issues, anymore.

Deron Williams had 24 pts and 15 assists. That ingrown toenail was hampering him, and my guess is this tear he's been on won't stop for a while. I can't communicate effectively how irritating an ingrown toenail is...nor how frickin orgasmic it is to get rid of. I can't imagine trying to drive the lane or shoot a jumper with one. That guy is TOUGH.

Joakim Noah returned against the Mavs. He had 7pts and 7 rebounds. I still think he's more of a liability than a benefit. I also think he should be brutally beaten with rods because of that god-awful suit he wore on draft night.

Acie Law played for the Hawks Monday night. He had 5 rebounds and 5 assists. Though, offensively, he couldn't hit shit in a craphole.

to recap some key issues from yesterday...

TIM DUNCAN is out for Wednesday.

NEWSFLASH: The Charlotte Bobcats still suck Mouse anus. 3 key guys for the Raptors were out, and the kitties still lost by 20.

ZaZa Pachulia took an elbow from Dalembert, and he left the game with a headache. I like Al Horford more, anyway.

Pistons @ Hawks

Hawks won at Philly on Monday night.
Pistons won @ Milwaukee Saturday and @ home vs Jersey on Sunday. Both were blowouts, and both times the stones played some inspired ball.

Stones are in the midst of a 4 in 5. Detroit has been Very Good ATS in B2Bs (both ends) for the last couple years. I can only guess that lines are smidged for them due to the B2B, and the games don't bother them.

At any rate, this is an extremely winnable game for this team a night before they travel to the Hornets for what should be a Very Tough game. If they can, they'll get out 20-30 pts again, and coast through the 4th.

JJohnson played 38 mins.
Marvin played 40 mins.
J Smith played 37 mins.
Childress played 31 mins.
Horford played 35 mins.

Pachulia got clocked in his 28 seconds of play.

Not sure being TIRED will be a factor, but the stones should already be in Atlanta, and the Hawks are flying back as I type this......if they're lucky.

Detroit is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
Detroit is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
Detroit is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
Detroit is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Atlanta
Detroit is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Atlanta
Detroit is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
Detroit is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Atlanta

Atlanta is 3-5-1 SU in its last 9 games
Atlanta is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Atlanta is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home

Pistons are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite.
Hawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 0 days rest.
Hawks are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games as an underdog.
Underdog is 6-1 ATS in the last 7 meetings.

Detroit has allowed the third fewest points in the league at 92.7 per game.
Atlanta is third last in the league in three points made with 4.4 per game.

I have the stones -5.5 (-110). I don't think the Hawks will be able to get through the pistons defense. I think the motion offense the stones have gotten going will give the young Hawks, especially the guards, an absolute nightmare of a night. If the interior doesn't block out Maxiell, he'll have a double-double by halftime.

not to mention Sheed...who's been playing GREAT ball, and he's not been getting the technical fouls this year. It's like he matured about 15 years over the summer.

IMPRESSIVE. At any rate, I expect a 12pt win. or More. Also, lest we forget. The Hawks are bad, and the Pistons are Good.

Nets @ Cavs

First and foremost, Lebron James. Sprained finger and he's doubtful? WTF is THAT?! This would be his third game he's missed over this, and both games he missed, his team lost. If he's not back, then this shit isn't a simple sprain. I don't know what the problem is, but they're not telling us something.

Cedric Simmons is doubtful as well. so is Marcus Williams...which is actually an item as opposed to Ced.

Nets lost to Detroit onSunday.
Nets are in the midst of a 4th in 5, and they go to the Knicks on Wednesday (keep an eye on NYK for an upset there)
Cavs lost to Boston 70-80 on Sunday, and they go to Washington Wednesday. That makes this a 1-day-at-home game, and it's tough as iron balls to win those.

New Jersey is 3-9-1 ATS in its last 13 games
New Jersey is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
New Jersey is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games
New Jersey is 10-4-1 ATS in its last 15 games on the road
New Jersey is 15-5 ATS in its last 20 games when playing Cleveland
New Jersey is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Cleveland
New Jersey is 9-2 ATS in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
New Jersey is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Cleveland

Cleveland is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Cleveland is 14-6 SU in its last 20 games at home

Nets are 3-8-1 ATS in their last 12 games playing on 1 days rest.

Nets are 9-2 ATS in the last 11 meetings in Cleveland.
Nets are 15-5 ATS in the last 20 meetings.
Underdog is 21-10 ATS in the last 31 meetings.

New Jersey is the third worst offensive team in the league at 90.0 points per game.
New Jersey is second last in the league in field goal percentage at just 41.8.

Suns @ Pacers

Suns won at New York on Sunday.
Pacers won at Clippers on Sunday.

Next,
Suns go to Toronto Wednesday.
Indiana goes to Orlando Friday.

Jermaine O'Neal
will fuck up the over unless he doesn't play for some reason, and I've seen nothing that suggests he'll be out. Be careful with the over here - J has fucked up 3 or 4 for me already.

Phoenix is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games
Phoenix is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
Phoenix is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Indiana
Phoenix is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Indiana
Phoenix is 2-9 ATS in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Indiana
Phoenix is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Indiana

Indiana is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
Indiana is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
Indiana is 3-10 ATS in its last 13 games at home
Indiana is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home

Pacers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
Pacers are 8-19 ATS in their last 27 games playing on 1 days rest.

Suns are 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings.
Favorite is 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings.
Home team is 11-3 ATS in the last 14 meetings.

Phoenix is the second highest scoring team in the league at 108.4 points per game.
Phoenix has the second best field goal percentage at 48.8.
Phoenix is third best in the league in three points made with 8.6 per game.

Indiana leads the league in rebounds at 46.3.
Indiana allows the third least field goal percentage against in the league at 43.2.

Lakers @ Timberwolves

Lakers lost at home to Orlando on Sunday.
T'wolves lost at Memphis on Saturday.

Lakers go to Denver for a trackmeet Wednesday (that'll be a 3rd in 4).
Minny goes to Atlanta on Thursday.

Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite.
Lakers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
Timberwolves are 17-37 ATS in their last 54 home games.
Timberwolves are 17-42-2 ATS in their last 61 games overall.
Timberwolves are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games as an underdog.
Timberwolves are 2-15 ATS in their last 17 games as a home underdog.

Lakers are 2-5 ATS in the last 7 meetings in Minnesota.
Lakers are 2-7-1 ATS in the last 10 meetings.

Los Angeles is second in rebounds in the league at 44.9.
Minnesota has the third worst field goal percentage against allowing 47.0.

nevermind. GSW/Magic are going into OT.

Jazz @ SacK

Ron Artest has been flying home to be with his daughter, and he pretty much makes his own schedule, but he HAS been making a point of getting back for games. Unless something happens to indicate otherwise, I think we should assume he's playing.

Kings last played on Saturday beating Houston.
Jazz last played yesterday beating Miami at home.

Kings go to Clippers for Friday.
Jazz go to San Antonio for Friday.

Yesterday,
D Will played 37 mins.
Brewer played 36 mins.
Boozer played 39 mins.
AK47 played 38 mins.
Okur played 36 mins.

Utah is the third highest scoring team in the league at 106.9 points per game.
Utah leads the league in field goal percentage with 49.3.
Utah is last in the league scoring three points made with 3.9 per game.
Utah is third in rebounds allowed in the league at 38.9.

Sacramento has the third best free throw percentage in the league at 80.9.
Sacramento has the third worst rebounds in the league at 39.6.

Jazz are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
Jazz are 9-20 ATS in their last 29 road games.
Jazz are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games playing on 0 days rest.

Kings are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Tuesday games.
Kings are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 2 days rest.
Kings are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 home games.
Kings are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games overall.

Home team is 7-3 ATS in the last 10 meetings.
Jazz are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Sacramento.
Underdog is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.

Bucks @ Clippers

Cassell should still be OUT.

Bucks got creamed hosting Detroit on Saturday.
Clips got beaten hosting Indiana on Sunday.

next...

Bucks go to GSW tomorrow.
Clips go to Seattle tomorrow.

Bucks are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games playing on 2 days rest.
Bucks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games.
Bucks are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall.

Clippers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 home games.
Clippers are 1-10 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
Clippers are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.

Favorite is 7-3-1 ATS in the last 11 meetings.
Bucks are 0-4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Los Angeles.
Bucks are 0-7-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings.

Los Angeles has the third worst field goal percentage in the league at 42.1.

someone has to win this shit, right?

geez.

deron williams always was a gamer. lol. this thread is loaded with good info. where did ya gets it from?

Wow you mentioned Ron's daughter and I googled it up...poor kid and poor Ron.

I hope she'll be okay, the little fighter. Shit. :( This really fucked me up now.

First and foremost, Lebron James. Sprained finger and he's doubtful? WTF is THAT?! This would be his third game he's missed over this, and both games he missed, his team lost. If he's not back, then this shit isn't a simple sprain. I don't know what the problem is, but they're not telling us something.

maybe they are just taking extra precautions with their star player instead of running the risk of him furthering his injury on 1 of many regular season games, sounds reasonable to me.

thanks for the info redbearde.

you think cassel's being out and maggette being a game time decish are enough reasons to take the under?

redbearde laying points? sign me up

don't sign up too quick - my ML dog record is actually better than my spread record.

Brewer - fantasy sports sites are great for player news. I pull most of my injury news straight from rotoworld. http://basketball.pinnaclesports.com/NBA/matchups.aspx and covers matchups both have a lot of useful trends. And realgm has forums for each team - the more populated ones have the local and inside scoop on the message boards sometimes before the big news outlets get it (or feel comfy enough to print it).

Satyr - yeah, up until a day or two ago he would clam up and leave an interview the moment he was asked about it, but he apparently answered a few questions recently, and one of the things he said was that similar cancers had something like a 90% success rate for treatment. If you have a kid, you can imagine what he's going through....I just try to be thankful mine's happy and healthy, you know?

xpression syst_m, I hope you're right, but if it's a particularly bad sprain, then it could possibly require surgery (that's not without precedent for a finger sprain). We're all speculating, but that's part of the game, right?

thanks for the info redbearde.

you think cassel's being out and maggette being a game time decish are enough reasons to take the under?

The total has gone OVER in 8 of Milwaukee's last 12 games
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Milwaukee's last 10 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 5 games when playing LA Clippers
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the LA Clippers last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the LA Clippers last 6 games at home

Los Angeles has the third worst field goal percentage in the league at 42.1.

Over is 4-0 in Bucks last 4 vs. a team with a losing S.U. record.
Over is 4-1 in Bucks last 5 games as a road underdog.
Over is 4-1 in Bucks last 5 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
Over is 6-2 in Bucks last 8 games playing on 2 days rest.
Over is 15-5 in Bucks last 20 games as an underdog.
Over is 19-7 in Bucks last 26 vs. NBA Pacific.
Over is 24-9-1 in Bucks last 34 Tuesday games.
Over is 10-4 in Bucks last 14 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.
Over is 14-6 in Bucks last 20 games following a ATS loss.
Over is 7-3 in Bucks last 10 road games.
Over is 38-18 in Bucks last 56 vs. Western Conference.

Over is 4-0 in Clippers last 4 vs. a team with a losing S.U. record.
Under is 6-1 in Clippers last 7 vs. Eastern Conference.
Under is 5-1 in Clippers last 6 vs. NBA Central.
Under is 5-1 in Clippers last 6 games as a home favorite of 0.5-4.5.
Under is 5-1 in Clippers last 6 home games.
Under is 5-1 in Clippers last 6 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
Under is 4-1 in Clippers last 5 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
Under is 5-2 in Clippers last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
Under is 5-2 in Clippers last 7 games following a S.U. loss.
Under is 5-2 in Clippers last 7 overall.

Kaman has been a beast this year. Not only is he shooting well from the field, and he's been getting after the boards, he's even upped his FT percentage so much I've seen them have HIM take a technical FT.

Milwaukee allows over 102ppg on the road. 102.6 in the last five.
Clippers have allowed 104.6 in the last 5.
The bucks allow 111.9pts per 100 possessions (that's 28th in the league)

the number looks about right to me. I see 192.5 and 193 (wsex). You'll need around 80 possessions each at the most, I think, for this to stay under - and that's if one of these teams doesn't get hot and shoot for over 50%.

GL with whatever you decide.

:cheers:

The rest of the Clippers' injury report:

Leading scorer Corey Maggette will be a game-time decision tonight after tweaking his strained right hamstring in Sunday's loss to the Indiana Pacers.

The injury caused Maggette to miss four games earlier this season and forced him to sit most of the fourth quarter on Sunday.

Also, rookie Al Thornton is doubtful for tonight and his sprained right ankle could cause him to miss an additional game or two.

Thornton said he aggravated the injury after landing on Maggette's shoe.

"It's very frustrating," said Thornton, lying on a bench near the Clippers' practice court while receiving treatment on the sore ankle. "I was in a nice little rhythm."

Thornton, who scored 10 points on four-for-six shooting against the Pacers, said he would accompany the team to Seattle and Sacramento in hopes of playing soon.

"Any injuries to key players on a team hurt and they put more pressure on you to perform at a high level," Coach Mike Dunleavy said. "We don't have a lot of room for mistakes and it's taken a toll on us so far."

When asked what would happen if center Chris Kaman, who has solidified the middle, was injured, Dunleavy responded:

"We'd be like the Miami Dolphins."

I will be looking for Sacramento as a ML dog, I think.

Sack at +3 and at best 150....that sucks anus. I hoped for 2:1 again.

Utah can out-rebound them all night long. Sack may well win, but I'm not goign to be in this one this time...

damnit.

Lebron is now questionable. He shot some at practice on Monday.

Antoine Wright has a sore shoulder, and he may not play for the Nets.

Joe Smith may start for Tyrus Thomas on Wednesday.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/680058,earlybull120407.article

‘‘I talked to Joe this morning about it,'' Scott Skiles said. ‘‘He didn't do anything not to play. Recently, a couple of times I looked out there at him and I haven't felt he was moving around particularly well. But that's not why he didn't play.

‘‘I've got to consider even starting Joe, getting him out there with as many busted coverages as we're having at beginning of games. We're struggling with the game plan. I have to take a look at that at some point.''

Smith said the knee is fine.

‘‘Injury wise, I'm feeling fine,'' he said.

me said:
I have the stones -5.5 (-110). I don't think the Hawks will be able to get through the pistons defense. I think the motion offense the stones have gotten going will give the young Hawks, especially the guards, an absolute nightmare of a night. If the interior doesn't block out Maxiell, he'll have a double-double by halftime.

not to mention Sheed...who's been playing GREAT ball, and he's not been getting the technical fouls this year. It's like he matured about 15 years over the summer.

IMPRESSIVE. At any rate, I expect a 12pt win. or More. Also, lest we forget. The Hawks are bad, and the Pistons are Good.

I've been on quite the run recently. What was a 26pt game at the end of the 3rd even turned into damn near a contest by the end...making me look smart with my 12 pt prediction.......at least to anyone who didn't see the game.

I've won 6 of my last 7 spreads, and while the MLs haven't been cashing at quite the rate I'd like (2 for 7 over the same time period), the overall is still at 18 wins & 20 losses.

bully for me.

last minute update.....

COREY MAGGETTE went through warm-ups and will try to play tonight

thorton and cassell will be out of course

Back