NBA Injuries & Issues for MLK

Warriors News-

Harrington finished the game Saturday in Milwaukee with his right hand wrapped in ice.

It turns out that a knuckle at the base of his right index finger was injured when New Orleans guard Chris Paul slapped away Harrington's hand-check Jan. 4. Harrington said he thought the finger might have dislocated momentarily and then popped back into place.

More ominously, it feels somewhat like an injury he sustained three years ago on a knuckle. That problem required off-season surgery to fix tendon damage, Harrington said.

Harrington plans to have the knuckle examined more closely after the season.

Yeah, Well...They Were Only Playing Milwaukee...:36_11_6:

Warriors Forward Austin Croshere was not in Milwaukee with the team, having gone to Indianapolis to seek treatment on his sore back. There was no further word from the team regarding his return.

Something Funny...

Matt Barnes joked that the gained five pounds snacking on appetizers Saturday as he was forced to watch the Warriors' game from the locker room. Coach Don Nelson joked that assistant Keith Smart was preoccupied with, umm ... must-see TV, in mistakenly leaving Barnes off the active roster.

But it almost wasn't a laughing matter when the Warriors, already missing Mickael Pietrus and Austin Croshere, had their best reserve ruled ineligible just before tip-off because of Smart's error.

Said Nelson: "Actually, Keith Smart left him off because he was watching the adult movie channel when he should have been concentrating on drawing up the roster. So we're going to take that privilege away from him for the rest of the year -- no more adult movies for Keith Smart."

Said Barnes: "I didn't find out until they announced the starting lineups and said I had to go to the locker room. I said, 'For what?' They said I wasn't on the active list. It happens, I guess. ... (I had) everyone in the world asking me what's wrong, texting me, why aren't you playing?'"

T-mac is playing again, but his knee is still bothering him.

"It's a process of knowing my body and knowing that if I were to wait until I get to 100%, then I would probably be waiting until the end of the season,''

we can all guess about what the fuck he's going to do...wish in one hand and shit in the other...

<TABLE class=wire id=dgrdWire style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=date>01/21/08
01:12 PM</TD><TD class=title>Info Alert NBA </TD><TD class=text>Pacers F Jermaine O'Neal is thinking about sitting out the rest of the season in order to let his left knee injury fully heal.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>01/21/08
01:10 PM</TD><TD class=title>Coach's Call NBA </TD><TD class=text>Kings coach Reggie Theus recently said that he expects both Mike Bibby and Ron Artest to return to the starting lineup on Tuesday.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>01/21/08
01:09 PM</TD><TD class=title>Lineups NBA </TD><TD class=text>Magic G Jameer Nelson (11 ppg; foot) is expected to miss tonight's game.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>01/21/08
01:07 PM</TD><TD class=title>Injuries NBA </TD><TD class=text>Bulls F Luol Deng (18 ppg; Achilles) has been upgraded to probable for today's game, but is still very sore.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>01/21/08
01:05 PM</TD><TD class=title>Injuries NBA </TD><TD class=text>Bulls G Chris Duhon (5 ppg; knee) is considered very doubtful for today's game.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>01/21/08
01:02 PM</TD><TD class=title>Lineups NBA </TD><TD class=text>Warriors G Mickael Pietrus (6 ppg; illness) is expected to be available for today's game.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>01/21/08
12:58 PM</TD><TD class=title>Lineups NBA </TD><TD class=text>Hornets G Bobby Jackson (7 ppg; hamstring) is expected to miss today's game.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

whoa...last thing I heard was Deng was going to sit out Saturday. cool.

looks like Trevor Ariza is going to be out for around 8 weeks.

Jermaine O'Neal, on the Pacers FSN channel, is said to be out for about 2 weeks. JO won't give a timetable, so take the 2 weeks with a grain of salt.

without JO, the pacers look damn near like the Suns. It's bizarre.

no wait...my bad. I'm confusing a Luol Deng headline from Saturday with today.

doesn't today feel like a Saturday?

Back