NBA Injuries & Issues for Friday

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
Lebron played well most of yesterday's game. Too bad the rest of the team didn't show up. the Rockets had only half a T-mac (he looked like he should be in bed in a coffin to me), and they finished the game on a 9pt run after the Cavs cut it to 6. Can the Cavs bounce back in ATL tonight? I think they can.

Ilgauskis has a REAL problem with traveling. It appears that the refs have decided to watch him, particularly, with that international shuffle. He's had like 5 bs traveling calls in the last few games, and he's not even acting surprised anymore. It's just like..oh, you think I traveled? yeah. of course you do."

:36_11_6:

Drew Gooden sat out yesterday with a sore pussy.

he's questionable tonight.

Lebron should tell him to just run a douche and get his ass on the court.

LeBron James had great overall stats last night, but sucked ass from the FT line going 6 for 11.

da Bulls...

what's up with this?

Duhon plays like garbage all year, and then when the Bulls are on a B2B facing a rested GSW team without Deng, Gordon, or Hinrich, they fucking win SU.

:36_11_6:

keep an eye out for these franchise players to fuck up the team again when they come back.

Chris Webber started for the Warriors on Thursday.

at the risk of tooting my own horn...as I said before, so fucking what?

Those Bulls are surely fucked up :D Great info here Red, hope you're doing good this season buddy. To be honest I'm leaning Sacto tonight, provided Miller is healthy, I think they step up for this one. It's hard to fade Utah right now, but I have a strong hunch they fall flat here and we get a chance to nail this home doggy.

sore pussy huh :D GL tonight Red.

two pieces of good news for the Bobcats.

1. Gerald Wallace is scheduled to play tonight.

2. Jeff Mcpenis is at the ass end of the PG rotation for the kittens now, and with any luck they won't have to play his useless ass anymore.

Carroll and Anderson are both expected to play, too, and this is a promising lineup offensively against the Nets..who play worse defense than the Suns, Nuggets, and Warriors.

Scratch those Kings, now I see Miller's hand is cut, and with Udrih out it means Bibby will run the show alone. Not a fan I have to admit. Looking at the Hawks/Cavs under. Cavs on b2b, injury hit, Atlanta not strong offensively, I can see this one staying in the 170s. If you have any thoughts on this do share.

Also looking at Orlando here, would have thought there would be more home chalk. Lakers have been on the road for a while now.

Satyr, I can't fade Utah right now...not even on the road. Deron Williams is going to be pissed about no all star game for him until after it's over.
=
This season, I'm doing okay (43% ). So far. The ML dogs are working well, but it's scarce finding good ones right now. How the hell does one bet the Bulls SU last night? ...for instance. And those are the only ones that seem to be cashing...and then only occasionally.

I can see Seattle cashing tonight, but damn...do I really want to go there? Betting Seattle on the road? Straight Up? In Phoenix?

scared.gif

heh.

Scratch those Kings, now I see Miller's hand is cut, and with Udrih out it means Bibby will run the show alone. Not a fan I have to admit. Looking at the Hawks/Cavs under. Cavs on b2b, injury hit, Atlanta not strong offensively, I can see this one staying in the 170s. If you have any thoughts on this do share.

cavs 114, Celtics 113.

who the fuck woulda seen that shit?

I'd be wary of that under. Being tired means tired defensively, too. If you can reasonably expect Lebron to stay under 70, then go for it, but I'm not sure you can.

that's the extent of my thoughts on it. This gem might help with your decision:

The total has gone OVER in 14 of Cleveland's last 21 games when playing on the road against Atlanta

course, this is also true:
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Cleveland's last 11 games on the road

:cheers:

Red, you're right, I'm scratching Sacto solely on the injury report, let alone this sick Jazz run...I still have a feeling they'll give them fits, but not sure whether they will win. Not interested in getting involved in a game I see as a toss up in the end.

I am seriously considering Orlando now, Kobe is not 100% (hand), and with all this Gasol hype, I mean they are good, they're very good, but come on. The guy just arrived. And they're on the road since the end of January, they also have Miami, Charlotte and Minnesota up next (all road).

Not sure what to think, but would I be surprised if they fell flat on their backs here then picked it up against the Heat? Not at all. And the line is attractive.

cavs 114, Celtics 113.

who the fuck woulda seen that shit?

I'd be wary of that under. Being tired means tired defensively, too. If you can reasonably expect Lebron to stay under 70, then go for it, but I'm not sure you can.

that's the extent of my thoughts on it. This gem might help with your decision:

The total has gone OVER in 14 of Cleveland's last 21 games when playing on the road against Atlanta

course, this is also true:
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Cleveland's last 11 games on the road

:cheers:

Yeah that was sick. But it was a big game, possibly the biggest in the East right now. Now the Cavs are b2b, without Gooden (?), Sideshow, meaning shit interior presence sans Z, Gibson is questionable...and Atlanta won't engage into a fast paced ball I'm sure. But of course, the total itself is adjusted to all that, so it's a tricky call.

Now into Orlando gotta admit. Btw, sorry for hijacking your thread :D

Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol are both planning on playing through their lingering injuries. Gasol has a sore back. Kobe has a dislocated pinky (which is obviously fucking up his shot).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/la-sp-lakerep8feb08,1,12996.story?track=rss

Kobe on playing All-Star weekend said:
"We have to see how it goes," he said in regards to next weekend. "You've got to do the right thing. If I can't play, if I can't go out there, I won't. Can't do anything about that."

yet he's not planning on missing any games.

I think the man's as orgasmically excited as he can possibly be without a woman and not in Colorado. I also think his shot will come back very soon - tonight or next game), and even if it doesn't come back soon, that's fine - he'll get more triple doubles by dishing off to Gasol.

injuries and issues. we're discussing them. no hijacking here.

:)

as for Orlando...I'm not sold on em yet. They're great for the east, but they're phoenix east. no defense. That won't work against the lakers. I'm sitting here contemplating an over. And I'm not at all concerned about the travel. They had a day off, and as you say, they face the low end of shit coming up. The Heat, the Bobcats, and the twolves? That's a joke. Seems to me this is the last big game on the road they face for a while...and then what...revenge at home vs the Hawks! Tonight the spot shooters will be well-rested, and kobe and Fish will be able to drive to the hoop at will. Howard will get into foul trouble early and often.

I dunno - I may end up taking another day off, but at least I think I'll play the bobcats tonight.

Alexander Johnson (the interior presence that has kept the Heat in games) sprained his ankle and missed the second half of yesterday's game.

Haha, how hard the Heat have fallen

Michael Redd and Yi Jianlian (rookie wall!) practiced today, and they're both expected to play tomorrow.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/archive/2008/02/08/redd-says-he-s-ready-yi-also-set-to-return.aspx

Redd said:
"I had a good day of practice today and went hard," Redd said. "I just wanted to test it and see how it felt, and it felt good. I'm excited about playing tomorrow, man."

Yi said:
"It's nothing really serious." Yi said after practice about his shoulder injury.

Back