NBA Friday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Small retaliation going on, avenging the loss earlier in the season. The Pistons are sizzling hot right now, destroying the opposition quarter by quarter. I lost count of how many quarters in a row where they needed to stay competitive they managed to win. Atlanta beat them in the last by 15 but they won't allow the Bulls to do the same, plus I don't think the Bulls will be that interested to erase a huge margin and get it back from a huge deficit, if they're behind, so I'm not that afraid of a backdoor cover here. It could happen, but the Pistons are deep this year, they're talented and fun to watch, the Bulls are 5-11, they have both Gordon and Deng banged up, this is not going to be an easy game for them. Expecting a +15 point win.

Pistons (-8,5) (1.96 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

adding more soon.

Thanks, GL :shake:

adding:

This margin is 5-6 points under what I would have expected here. The Hornets are coming off a 15 point loss to the Pistons who are beating teams in all possible ways right now, the Hornets have slowed down after a blazing start, they will score at will tonight against a D of much lesser intensity than they have faced recently. The Grizz, on the other hand, have offensive weapons of their own, as I said I don't expect this one to stay under 205.

over 200.5 (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

Like them both!

On Det with you had a intial lean on NO/Memphis over but decided stay away.

Gl

updated the record. Still in heavy trouble, I thought the negatizzle wasn't going to be so big, but as I updated those idiotic 2nd H bets I took the other night, and the Boston and Philly moose action, it really was.

Not a good start into the new season.

34 W - 1 V - 41 L -39.45 units

Looking to climb back up until 2008. arrives. Won't be chasing or doubling up though, we're men here. We can handle losses when they come. Climbing back up with the usual approach to capping, nothing out of the ordinary.

Still up a lot on the year.

Thanks, GL :shake:

adding:

This margin is 5-6 points under what I would have expected here. The Hornets are coming off a 15 point loss to the Pistons who are beating teams in all possible ways right now, the Hornets have slowed down after a blazing start, they will score at will tonight against a D of much lesser intensity than they have faced recently. The Grizz, on the other hand, have offensive weapons of their own, as I said I don't expect this one to stay under 205.

over 200.5 (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

Last time I said that the Hornets came out and scored 93 points on Indy followed up by 71 against Utah. Hopefully you have better luck than I did. I have some serious doubts about the Hornets offense right now that will be answered tonight against Memphis's "defense".

GL tonight Satyr.

Oh ya Go JAZZ!!!!!!!

569948474bd943cc9878ffb474949814.jpg

Thanks guys, GL

JPicks ;), Retburj, tough clash tonight. No bet. Depends on whether Timmy plays. The thing is, Spurs can stay in games even without him, but I would give a slight edge to the Jazz at this point, they will be fired up to take the W here. Not touching it.

:shake: :cheers:

Hello Satyr,

I try to select "optimal" money management method for me.

"Your" method (1-10 staking system, 10 is the maximum play (3% of bank)) is interesting. I have a question about this method.

1-10 staking system, 10 is the maximum play (3% of bank) - that means your 1 unit is 1/330 of your budget.

1 unit is constant value for whole period (season) or it is calculated from current budget?

If you started this season e.g. with 10000$ budget,
your 1 unit was 30$, I'm right?

NFL 2007: 17 W - 25 L -24.04 units
Football/Soccer 2007/08: 31 W - 8 V - 36 L -30.64 units
NHL 2007/2008: 65 W - 2 V- 73 L +56.97 units
NBA 2007/2008: 34 W - 1 V - 41 L -39.45 units
Now you have total lost -37,16 unit, that's -1110$,
then your current remainder (balance) is 8890 (remember, it's example :).

I'm curious what's your ONE UNIT now?
It's still 30$ (10000/330 ... calculated to start budget)
or it's 27 (8890/330 ... calculated to start current money)?

Thanx.

I used fixed stakes inside a plateau Nucap, no need of raising my stakes. I mean, do I raise my stakes from my current bank FOR that sport for the season (or for the year) or the overall bank? So I just decided to make it a fixed sum, but it's a matter of preference really, both is equally good if you ask me, helps you avoid bankruptcy or falling in holes.

If I decide to increase/decrease it then I would do it after the year is over, but until then it's the same. I'm still around 200 units up for the year 2007 and since I've never finished a season in a loss in any sport I'm optimistic about this season as well. It will come around.

:shake:

Sorry, Satyr.

I didn't understand well, my english is bad :(

I used fixed stakes inside a plateau Nucap, no need of raising my stakes. I mean, do I raise my stakes from my current bank FOR that sport for the season (or for the year) or the overall bank? So I just decided to make it a fixed sum, but it's a matter of preference really, both is equally good if you ask me, helps you avoid bankruptcy or falling in holes.

If I decide to increase/decrease it then I would do it after the year is over, but until then it's the same. I'm still around 200 units up for the year 2007 and since I've never finished a season in a loss in any sport I'm optimistic about this season as well. It will come around.
Does it mean, your ONE UNIT is constant (still) during whole season - no matter if you are in e.g. +40unit profit or if you lost e.g. -40unit?
According to my example 1unit=30$ during whole season?

One more question - your one unit in NBA stake is the same as one unit in NHL stake?

Friday it would be:
NO-MEMPHIS over 200.5 (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 4unit/400$ (say, for NBA 1unit=100$)
and
Dallas (2.09 @ Pinnacle) 4unit/400$ (say, 1unit=100$) or here's stake 4unit/600$, cos for NHL 1unit=150$

I have tailed your NBA and NHL picks for october :cheers:, and for november :(. I would like have similar money management.
Thanx

Yep you're on the right track, the amount is fixed and I only change it (IF I decide to do so) after the season ends, not "on the fly" depending on my current bankroll.

And yes, November has been horrid...

Back