NBA Friday selections (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 53 W-1 V-44 L +32.22 units
----------------------------------------------------------------

Warriors (-5,5) (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Just don't see the "other LA team" covering this one. The Warriors are finally clicking, settling their players in after injuries, even though a bit more time is needed to tweak everything back as it once was, they still have more weapons to take this one than the ailing Clippers.
Now backcourt mismatch comes to mind when looking at this one more closely, mostly due to Clipps shorthanded situation, missing Shaun Livingston and almost probably Sam Cassell. The Spurs thumped them in LA with ease, don't expect a similar game here since Nelson's small ball lineup will use killer tempo in order to break down the opponent and hopefully wear them down early.

Basically they don't have much choice if GSW impose their tempo early, helped by Baron Davis and Monta Ellis, which means a lot of open shots and uncontested layups (Richardson has been on fire since the return) if they manage to use fast breaks to break the Clippers down. Since LAC have had huge scoring woes lately, even if that changes tonight I see a double digit win here for the home team, who are coming off 3 straight wins and are searching to salvage the season with the last train.

Will possibly add another one later on.

:cheers:

good luck Satyr, love the pick. Warrior fan here and agree if the warriors impose their will of running, it would be no contest.

GL Satyr. Nice to come here and see that we're all on the same page with the Warriors. They should really roll here down the stretch.

Thanks JPicks, Troutman, Renew Orleans and DuY. :shake: :cheers:

let's do it guys.

One more thing. Visit the link in my sig, perhaps you have some stories to share, or at least read what has affected me the most in the world of sports.

Back