NBA Friday selections (with writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA 2006/2007: 48 W-1 V-38 L +36.8 units
----------------------------------------------------------------

Spurs (-11,5) (1.91 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Awful lot of chalk huh? Well I think the Spurs get it done tonight and possibly win by 20 or more. It's hard to cap such big spreads because you never know how 4th quarter will unfold, you might have a few scrubs blowing up the cover (hint: Dallas - Miami), but the Spurs are just too good at the moment and this is a good spot for the Magic to get beaten hard.
Let's get on to business: Spurs have a revenge situation going on here, after depleted Magic embarrassed them in the last quarter last month in Florida.
Dwight Howard's athletic dunk in the last second of the game just sealed the deal and the Spurs left the floor with their heads down.
A lot has changed since then. The Spurs are playing great, they look revamped, fired up, they're dominating games in and out, quarter by quarter, they just manhandle the opponent and clinch the W, currently being at 6th in a row (39 overall).

The Magic are missing Grant Hill tonight ([cynicism]wow, Grant Hill injured, that doesn't happen often[/cynicism] ) and they should miss him after getting used to him being back. The Magic are on a slide for a while now, they stopped the free fall but it's leaking everywhere right now, they're 3-7 in their last 10 and after a fantastic start they should have real trouble getting into the playoffs.
I won't break down SA game again, check one of earlier previews; just to mention some things: Manu is starting from the bench, providing the necessary spark, Timmy is playing very well, they're getting support from Horry, Finley, Elson, Tony P makes his characteristic drives, hitting the shots, leading the team, these guys are playing very well right now and I doubt Orlando can stop them. 12 points doesn't really qualify for a world class blowout either, we're talking about Spurs winning rather comfortably.
Unless some late cover occurs I'm quite confident in this one.

Pistons (-3,5) (1.93 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Loving this one as well. The Pistons should be really up to win this one, Wade or no Wade we're talking rivalry here.
Actually I'm loving the fact Miami beat Cleveland and Washington, I think they drop this one since the Stons are a team of a different class. Rasheed Wallace and Chris Webber are probable, meaning they will play (very likely), Lindsey Hunter is questionable same as Flip Murray, so the oddsmakers probably factored it in, but frankly I think all these guys hit the floor (except perhaps Sheed, who might sit this one out but should be on the bench nevertheless), the Stons still have a lot more weapons than the Heat.
A few years ago we were talking about Pistons' depth being comparable with a full plate, but what's Miami then? We're talking about Kapono and Udonis Haslem having some regular, consistent numbers, and the two veteran centers (Zo and Shaq) who are both starting to feel how getting old isn't much fun.

Antoine Walker? Jeez this guy was averaging 20 PPG a few seasons ago in Boston, now down to 7.2, plus his overall game has deteriorated since, he's just not the same Walker any more. James Posey: Underachieving this season, big time. Payton? Injury riddled, old. Eddie Jones? Look under Payton, plus you know the story about Eddie not hitting clutch shots 10 years ago...let alone today. So now it seems like Heat are just a mediocre team that will likely fall apart soon, right? Nah, with Dwyane in the lineup these guys get another dimension, all I'm saying it's no wonder they're still under .500, injuries or not they lack depth to compensate for those losses.
The Pistons should own this one from minute 1, yes Shaq can still play but I don't think this one is decided in the inside.

I'll likely add one more later, but as far as big plays are concerned this is it.

Good luck guys.:cheers:

23113565.Chalk.jpg

thanks El Mago GL tonight bro

thanks for the props Cake, I love watching you shoot free throws Cake :shake:
GL man, you're too kind bro :cheers:

weak who took it off?

GL i have G St. +6.5 1.5 unit MIL +6.5 4unit and Detriot -3.5 1unit may play spurs small

RIPPPPPPPPP :(

Jeez these guys couldn't shoot a trey if their life was depending on it. Not tonight. :(

How to make a tough loss even tougher :D

Back