NBA Friday pick (+writeup)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
The playoffs haven't been treating me well I have to admit, somewhat 15 units in the red zone, I'm not forcing anything though, waiting for the spots to climb back to green numbers. Guess when I decided to jump off the Jazz bandwagon? You got it right, just before game 3.
Oh well, we move on.

I like one for tonight:

Nets (-4) (1.92 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

I watched both games and what I saw is erratic Raptor offense and Nets experience, almost taking a 2-0 lead back to East Rutherford without a real effort.
It would be dumb to say the Nets didn't break a sweat, because they had to fight to cling on for that game 1 win after Toronto started running back, but it does mean Vince Carter has had a sub par series so far, as he was supposed to shine against his former team.
I expect him to have a better pair of games at home than in Air Canada center, arena he used to call "home" several years ago.
The Raptors are missing to provide their trademark depth they had with Garbajosa and Bargnani in the regular season, but they're compensating with a pair of playmakers (Calderon jumping in for Ford), and a very solid effort from Anthony Parker.
Kidd has been upgraded to probable so he'll play, he's been averaging a triple-double number in the first two games and I just don't think these Raptors are experienced enough as a team to put serious pressure on the Nets tonight.
Numbers say they finished their season 12 games above .500, compared to 41-41 Nets. Both teams ended with a 17-24 regular season record, but the playoffs are somewhat different. The Nets have already been there, and they played the finals, with pretty much similar backbone.
I don't think Toronto can take this one, after pulling a miracle (scoring 10 out of their last 12 possessions) in game 2 to come from behind and win.
Nets should limit their offensive production and excel to another defensive level in a 93-82 win.

good luck guys. :cheers:

Agree with your thoughts, but I'm gonna wait for a HT bet or in-game.
Good luck buddy.:cheers:

Finally a fuckin winnah in the playoffs :cheers: let's turn the postseason record around :D.

thanks guys. :shake:

Back