NBA Friday...lets do this!

• Thread starter Thread starter Austintx_05
  • Start date Start date
A

Austintx_05

One play stands out to me.

Spurs -5

Spurs have lost 2 in a row, go back home with 1 days rest ot play the ever so hot Dallas Mavericks. I honestly don't think I can pass up this spot. Pop seems to have SA more defensive slow tempo minded as it was apparent in the road trip. Not sure if anyone agrees with me, but I am having a hard time passing up the Spurs in this Spot.

27 views and no replies....I am either hated or everyone agrees with me...

I don't know about this one dude, I had some faith in them against the Wolves, because they are a good road team(the spurs). But in this situation the home court is a tangible advantage that they need, but I still don't think it will save them. The Spurs are a good team and usually do win these games but I think they are starting to lose their championship game play, too many other teams are elavating int the NBA. And Dallas is the hottest out there according to the majority I argue that Pheonix is.

What ever your play good luck with it, there is no doubt that San Antonio can win this game, but with the way things are going for S.A. and Dal, I lean on Dallas

I also think 5 points is ALOT.

Austintx_05 said:
27 views and no replies....I am either hated or everyone agrees with me...

Or folks disagree with you and don't want to crap on you. Or they're like me and they don't have much of an opinion on the game, but they want to see what everyone is looking at doing so they view every thread.

I think betting on that game is scary either way. Which spurs team will show up? Will the play tough defense, or will they try to run? Will they shoot 50+%, or will the shoot 35% like they did at Cleveland the other day?

Will the Mavs have a letdown after after last nights tough home performance? Or were they looking ahead and will be concentrating like FUCK on this game? I dunno. I don't tend to think of this as a slam dunk wager, though. About the only play I would make is the ML dog, but I want significant value for it. You're not the only one I've seen on this play, though, so perhaps I'll get my value...

Last 20 at the site laying 5 to Dallas would get you 6-14. Dallas is looking better this year than the past.

I think they're still mad about losing in the finals. And I would think this is one of those games they treat like a playoff game. In that case, the points would seem quite valuable...still, I'd rather have the money than the spread.

Spurs fan here and I am questioning this one myself. I can't imagine the Spurs losing 3 in a row, 2 at home but the Mavs are the hottest team right now. Won I think 11 in a row and that is the second time this season. Also, road team is 11-1 ATS and underdog is 11-1 ATS last 12 in this series. I played the Spurs the first time this season getting points in Dallas and won and then the last game was in SA and took Dallas and they won outright so that points towards Dallas. I believe the last game spread was SA -4. Tough one but leaning on SA for I think they are due for a great win.

This involves the Magic 14-6 number! Spurs laying 6 or less are 6-14 ats. Dallas getting 6 or less is 14-6 ats and of course if you take 5 with Dallas at Spurs last 20 you would be 14-6. Did I mention Stackhouse played last night. Plenty of good bets today. Just do not see Spurs as one of them.

Just some stats for you to ponder over whether or not you really want to lay 5 to a team that is this hot. They are on their 2nd 12 game win streak this year. Since starting 0-4 they are 27-3. They are undefeated this year on home-road b2b's. Shows that this team is focused and on a mission. I don't know if Pop has them any defensive and slow minded more than usual. He called this team the worst defensive team he has ever had earlier this week and they responded by losing two straight games. I don't doubt that the Spurs will come out with a good effort tonight but I wouldn't put too much stock into the b2b for Dallas. Even if Spurs come out fired up, 5 points is a lot to be laying in a Mavs-Spurs game.

Spurs in this spot normally should/would cover 5, but against a team with its 2nd 12 game winning streak before the season is even halfway through? wtf is that, lol. Spurs had a similar spot @home vs Utah and won by 23 - it went Under. I think this one is more ikely to repeat as Under than repeat as the Spurs by 10 odd, let alone 20 odd. BOL austin.

Back