NBA Finals

smh212

Awesomeitus Degenerate
YTD: 24-22 +4.39 units

My numbers for games 1 and game 3 (first venue change). No point in making a number on games 2 and 4 since they will likely remain very close to those in games 1 and 3 unless somethings out of the ordinary happens.

Game 1 in Miami:

Heat -4.5 184

Game 3 in San Antonio:

Spurs -2.5 185

Be interesting to see how the lines fluctuates due to the outcome of the contests. I still don't understand why the league changed the format to a 2-3-2, but from a betting perspective, I don't like it one bit.

:searching:

6/6

SPURS +5.5 (.65) and SPURS +205 (.2)
My line: Mia -4.5 186

Line is sitting at 5 right now, but I think it goes back to 5.5, and I believe I'm on the square side here. Still, I like to keep things simple, and that means I bet my number. A lot of things go into crafting this number. All my metrics point to the Spurs having a better than 55% chance of winning this game. Unfortunately, the one metric that carries a lot of weight in my system is the public angle. That metric says Heat. As such, I've reduced my risk on this game.

Good Luck.

:confused2:

Since the 2003-2004 season, there have been 53 games where the 1 seed played against the 2 seed. In those games:

• The 1 seed has a straight up record of 21-32-0 (The 2 seed is 32-21-0 straight up)
  • The 1 seed has a record against the spread of 17-36-0 (The 2 seed is 36-17-0 ATS)
  • The game went over the total 23 times, under 29 times, and pushed 1 times

Also on SAS side and ML. I think they know their best shot at winning this series is to win one of the first two.

Good luck smh

SPURS +5.5 (.65) and SPURS +205 (.2)
My line: Mia -4.5 186

Line is sitting at 5 right now, but I think it goes back to 5.5, and I believe I'm on the square side here. Still, I like to keep things simple, and that means I bet my number. A lot of things go into crafting this number. All my metrics point to the Spurs having a better than 55% chance of winning this game. Unfortunately, the one metric that carries a lot of weight in my system is the public angle. That metric says Heat. As such, I've reduced my risk on this game.

Good Luck.

:confused2:
we saw it the same:cheers:

you had better #s than me(bastido)

Curious...I made some money then lost some over this series...my main loss was Memphis vs SA...you are way sharper than I when we talk NBA...just want a synopsis...I had the same bet as u did....I made bones on Pacers, but Grizzy fucked me......never got a bead on it...

GL Gamebreakers

You da man. Great start to the series.

The 2-3-2 format was introduced because Boston and LA were playing a lot in the 80's.

With the amount of time between games they should go back imho.

Thanks for the props fellas.

Bar - thanks for the history lesson....I always wondered about that.

we saw it the same:cheers:

you had better #s than me(bastido)

Curious...I made some money then lost some over this series...my main loss was Memphis vs SA...you are way sharper than I when we talk NBA...just want a synopsis...I had the same bet as u did....I made bones on Pacers, but Grizzy fucked me......never got a bead on it...

GL Gamebreakers

Twink -

MY main loss was the Griz game 4 against the Spurs. That was a 3 unit play for me. I was convinced that Memphis had shown enough (2 games went into OT), and I believed they were a close knit group with a lot of pride and thus they would avoid being swept. You lost me when you asked for a synopsis....you mean of this series? If that's the case, I'm going to just do what I always do: Keep it simple, bet my number, and hope for an outlying result. I think we may have had an outlyer in game 1 with the game falling UNDER. I made the number 186, but the market pushed it to 190. Before the game, I believed my total was correct, however, after watching the replay this morning I can understand why those smarter than I pushed the number up to 190. Nether club has a man in the middle that will deter drives to hoop, and even though both teams are very good defensive teams, it was clear that there was more "space" with which to work with, especially considering the suffocating series both the Heat and Spurs came off of; if I'm going to bet game 2, it's gonna be Miami. I had the pipe dream of a "4" being offered, or even a 5, but that seems like it's not happening. Considering theowing out a Spurs +4.5, +120 on matchbook and see if get any bites. Will monitor the total. That being said, I'm waiting for game 3. If Miami wins, my Spurs -2.5 will likely not happen, and I will have a play.

Hope I answered your question...thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to leaning on your insight come CFB season.

Twink -

MY main loss was the Griz game 4 against the Spurs. That was a 3 unit play for me. I was convinced that Memphis had shown enough (2 games went into OT), and I believed they were a close knit group with a lot of pride and thus they would avoid being swept. You lost me when you asked for a synopsis....you mean of this series? If that's the case, I'm going to just do what I always do: Keep it simple, bet my number, and hope for an outlying result. I think we may have had an outlyer in game 1 with the game falling UNDER. I made the number 186, but the market pushed it to 190. Before the game, I believed my total was correct, however, after watching the replay this morning I can understand why those smarter than I pushed the number up to 190. Nether club has a man in the middle that will deter drives to hoop, and even though both teams are very good defensive teams, it was clear that there was more "space" with which to work with, especially considering the suffocating series both the Heat and Spurs came off of; if I'm going to bet game 2, it's gonna be Miami. I had the pipe dream of a "4" being offered, or even a 5, but that seems like it's not happening. Considering theowing out a Spurs +4.5, +120 on matchbook and see if get any bites. Will monitor the total. That being said, I'm waiting for game 3. If Miami wins, my Spurs -2.5 will likely not happen, and I will have a play.

Hope I answered your question...thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to leaning on your insight come CFB season.
:shake:

YTD: 24-22 +5.44 units

My play Plat: HEAT 5.5
My line: Mia -5.5

Situational play on the Heat tonight.I watched the replay of game and came to the conclusion that the Spurs really did steal gam1. Miami failed to find a true rythem to the game, an I feel there was an a bit of a hangover from the Pacers series. Spurs got 3 in their place after this, and while it may not be the ultimate driving feature, it's enough for Miami to get me money.

Good Luck.

6/11

YTD: 25-22 +6.19 units

SPURS -2 (.75)
MY line: SA -3

MY original line was Spurs -2.5. However, with two games played, I've made a slight adjustment. I like the Spurs tonight, but I think I will be going Heat in game 3. Lean towards the over, as the style of play calls for it, but gonna give it a game before pulling the trigger. Basically hoping for a low scoring Spurs blowout, so I can grab some extra value in game 4.

Good Luck.

YTD: 25-22 +6.19 units

SPURS -2 (.75)
MY line: SA -3

MY original line was Spurs -2.5. However, with two games played, I've made a slight adjustment. I like the Spurs tonight, but I think I will be going Heat in game 3. Lean towards the over, as the style of play calls for it, but gonna give it a game before pulling the trigger. Basically hoping for a low scoring Spurs blowout, so I can grab some extra value in game 4.

Good Luck.

game 4?

Thx and good luck.

Wizard,

Yes - I meant game 4. I got half my wish with the Spurs blowout, but the total got away from me, and my wish for a low scoring affair. My hope is a +120 or better on Miami which I will take as a gift, but the Parker injury is the wildcard. Last night we saw Gary Neal (who I personally think is a very good player, similar to how George Hill took off with Indiana), and Danny Green step up. If Parker can't go in game 4 (which I doubt), Miami will be a small favorite, and it could lead to a pass on the side, but still leave the door open for consideration on the total.

HEAT +110 (.75)

Bet this following game 3. Not much time for details, but I think the series is tied after tonight.

Good Luck

Last edited:
NBA 6/18

YTD: 26-22 +7.02 units

Passed game 5.

HEAT -6.5 (.75)

My line: Mia -7

Line is close, but I'm following the zig-zag. Considering betting the Spurs exact series price at +300 since if they lose tonight, the +300 would be higher than the ML you would get in game 7 assuming same or close to same spread.

Good Luck.

:thumbsup2:

Last NBA game of the year

YTD: 26-23 +6.19 units

Will finish the playoffs in the black, while finishing the season in the red.

Sa/Mia UNDER 189 (.75)

Elimination game, wear and tear to key offensive players, and in a series littered with 'overs', I think the final song plays UNDER.

Good Luck to all. See y'all next season.

Back