emkee

The Truth Is Out There
Reg. Season:

44-38-1 (+10.07)

Playoffs:

19-21-0 (-1.85)

Overall:

63-59-1 (+8.22)

Another season is almost over. Had a mixed bag in 2012/13 off a great season prior, started off with the weak sauce early before righting the ship late, then hit some rough times in the playoffs, hit my biggest play on Miami in Game 7 so lessened the damage some. Still have a goal of getting up 10 units in the postseason but will be happy with 15+ units of profit for the season in total.

Should be a decent Finals, had a preseason lean of Miami winning the 'ship again and still believe they do, although a better script of the aging Spurs getting their last set of rings as this current unit is a concern. We shall see what the commish prefers in due course. In terms of what's out on the court, I think Miami has the edge matchup-wise.

Will have a play up shortly, gotta check in with the local...

Game 1:

Will be playing the Heat, local offering the original 'opening' line of -5.5 (+105). May bite or possibly wait on a (-4.5). Spurs great on extended rest and have historically proven so throughout the years in the playoffs but not once have they had to open that campaign on the road, all of that postseason success on 6+ days rest has come at the Alamo. Game 1 here is almost the series, imo. James also hasn't forgotten the sweep that occurred in 2007. Fading the team of a 7 game series is also overrated, the majority of those teams off a full series opened the following series up on the road - the only home team to open a Finals series off a 7 game CF's in the last 13 years won and covered (Lakers beat the Pacers 104-87 back in 2000). The only 'trend' with any weight is the success rate of the home team in Game 1 of the Finals.

Hate the refs but the line did open 1.5 points too high...

Last edited:
adding...

San Antonio Spurs at Miami Heat

The play...

Heat -5.5
+105 (2.5 to win 2.62)

Gonna play the 'bad' line, Heat get this by 6+. Spurs will have to find their game legs on the road against the best team they are gonna face in the postseason after their lengthy layoff. I'm anticipating the Heat to be hungry after mixed starts to open series, especially James after the '07 sweep by the Spurs when he was a Cav. Coaching mismatch won't show up here in the first game. Worth noting Cole held Parker to 4-14 shooting the last time these teams met, dude is a much underrated defender as is Chalmers. Bosh should also get his.

Only concern for me tonight are those dirty crooks officiating the game.

:shake:

Death, taxes and the Heat losing Game 1 during the postseason.

Nice start.

Team bounces back in Game 2 but the series is all but over for Miami.

Would prefer to see Kenny 'The Crook' Mauer in there come Game 2, Ret. The Kraken could put 6 PF's on James in a heartbeat.

Miami rarely plays two good games in a row, at least that's been the theme this postseason. 1 good, 1 bad - team giveth then taketh away. A bettors nightmare. Pissed they went away from the gameplan in the 2nd half but that comes down to the huge coaching mismatch. Didn't think it would show in Game 1 but it did in quarters 3 and 4. Game 1 played to the ref's numbers also, Heat 0-3 ATS (1-2 SU) with that trio. 'Ref stats' gonna play a big part in this series. Give the Spurs a 70% chance of getting that 5th ring for Timmy now, Game 1 was extremely pivotal, imo...

Would prefer to see Kenny 'The Crook' Mauer in there come Game 2, Ret. The Kraken could put 6 PF's on James in a heartbeat.

Miami rarely plays two good games in a row, at least that's been the theme this postseason. 1 good, 1 bad - team giveth then taketh away. A bettors nightmare. Pissed they went away from the gameplan in the 2nd half but that comes down to the huge coaching mismatch. Didn't think it would show in Game 1 but it did in quarters 3 and 4. Game 1 played to the ref's numbers also, Heat 0-3 ATS (1-2 SU) with that trio. 'Ref stats' gonna play a big part in this series. Give the Spurs a 70% chance of getting that 5th ring for Timmy now, Game 1 was extremely pivotal, imo...
you said it dog

this is a student fuckin wit a principal

Game 2:

Playing the obvious with the rest of the world.

The play...

Heat -5.5 (4 units)

Spot play. Heat respond here as they have before in this position. Expecting favorable officiating.

looks like we got both

[TABLE="class: cms_table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"]Sun. Jun. 9 Created: Jun 9, 2013 12:00pm ET[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_tableTitle"]Game[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_tableTitle"]Official 1[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_tableTitle"]Official 2[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_tableTitle"]Official 3[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_tableTitle"]Alternate[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_tableRowOdd"]San Antonio @ Miami[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_tableRowOdd"]Joe Crawford[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_tableRowOdd"]Ed Malloy[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_tableRowOdd"]Ken Mauer[/TD]
[TD="class: cms_table_tableRowOdd"]Marc Davis[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

20-22 (-0.85)

Game 3:

Miami Heat at San Antonio Spurs

The play...

Heat +2.5 -115 (5 units)

Unlikely the 'points' come into play but will take them anyway albeit slightly juiced. Was always going to play the Heat in the third game of this series regardless of the outcomes of the previous two games and like it a little more than normal given the Game 2 result. Heat haven't been the kindest off a win recently but I like them to get the cake tonight in the all important Game 3. My 'numbers' have the line at a pick 'em...

Got somewhat buried in Game 3, had Heat winning that game and the Spurs getting this one, which would have warranted my first play on SA in this series. Hard to understand the mindset of the Heat - look great one minute, crap the next. Didn't show up to play an above average team on Tuesday and got what they deserved, a start to finish ass whipping. Initially was gonna lay off or play the Spurs in Game 4 after witnessing the massacre but after the emotions cleared, and having watched the game again, I feel my arm has been twisted to play the Heat yet again being the predominantly 'situational spot' bettor that I am. Neal and Green won't hit every thing they throw at the rim and James won't play as poor as he did, Miami laid down and got violated in Game 3. Do not expect that here.

Game 4:

Miami Heat at San Antonio Spurs

The play...

Heat ML +101 (5 to win 5.05)

Hard to argue against how Miami has responded of a loss this postseason and although the Spurs are an extremely tough opponent, I'm quite confident the Heat reverse their fortunes tonight...

With you on game 4. Miami has responded all post season. The squares seem to gravitating towards the Heat which scares me, but I'm thinking (hoping) it has more to do with the Parker injury than anything.

Good Luck tonight.

Thanks Smh.

Trippy movement, doubt it's the Parker 'injury' which is a little concerning.

Biggest crook ref of them all in their tonight though, Scott 'Follow the Money' Foster...

21-23 (-1.55)

Game 6:

The play...

Heat -6.5 (5 units)

Initially leaned Spurs here after Game 5, veteran team seizing the moment and all that jazz. Saw the refs and will bet accordingly, not too mention putting a lot of weight into the Heats' remarkable 'bounceback' trend, having re-analyzed just how impressive they have been in this spot particularly in the 2nd halves of such games. What happens when the 3 stops falling for San Antonio ? Is Danny Green gonna be automatic from the arc in a hostile environment ? Heat role players are also bound to step up given the change of venue particularly Mr Mario Chalmers. Think what happened in 2011 against the Mavs somewhat benefits the Heat here as well, for some reason. There has never been a Finals series that has followed this pattern ever via the site/win-loss results so we're pretty much in uncharted territory...

That was a long time ago now, Divol. Dude was in a rhythm in the Alamo, maybe it continues in South Beach but the law of averages disagrees somewhat. Role players won 2 outta 3 for the Spurs, 'tis the Heats' 2nd tier players turn now...

Thanks Smh.

Series to me has a similar feel to the 09/10 C's v Lakers Finals, wouldn't be shocked to see it play out the same way with identical results...

Will be glad when it's all over, time to focus on football and a better NBA season next time around.

The play...

Heat -5.5 (7 units)

Going out with my dick swinging, was gonna go Heat ML but where's the fun in that. I'm a gambler and a 'spot player' and have to play the Heat in this spot. Just can't see the Spurs recovering from that Game 6 meltdown, line movement says otherwise but I will stand firm. Fuck the supposed 'sharps' and alleged 'whales'. Have seen it all too many times in pro sports after a 'nut kick' loss - team goes onto get whipped next time out. Other factors, Spurs golden oldies played big minutes and looked extremely beaten/fatigued at Game 6's conclusion and the fact the Heat shut this team down when it mattered in Game 6. 'International Big 3' appeared pathetic and stunned when the much lambasted Lebron James started to go 'Teen Wolf', yeah he had mixed results but the dude put it on his back to get his team to where we stand tonight. Life was breathed into the Heat and I doubt they let up (figuring the mindset of this team has somewhat been my downfall this postseason) but once again, I'll stand firm. This game defines Lebron as a player in this league, most important of his career, imo. Refs are who they are and have 'assisted' both teams at times in the playoffs, could say they favor Miami but these guys are impossible to predict. At the end of the day it's Stern's theater that will be victorious and we that choose to gamble on this 'influenced' sport are either 'winners' or 'losers'.

GL and see y'all 'NBA'ers' next season.

Thanks fellas.

Season overall:

66-62-1 (+10.42)

So-so season, poor playoffs for the most part. Finished in the black so can't complain...

Back