+8000
Cole Anthony
+12500
Tyrese Haliburton
+15000
Devin Vassell
+15000

NBA Draft coming up! :)

Does LaMelo Ball really have a chance of being one of the first two guys taken? I thought Edwards - Wiseman or Wiseman - Edwards were sure to be the order. The over 2.5 for LaMelo seems too easy?

NBA Draft coming up! :)

Does LaMelo Ball really have a chance of being one of the first two guys taken? I thought Edwards - Wiseman or Wiseman - Edwards were sure to be the order. The over 2.5 for LaMelo seems too easy?

it all depends what gsw does at 2 imo. With klay and Steph no way you’re taking lamelo at 2, assuming they keep the pick. If they trade out then he’s a lock to go top 2 tho. I think Gsw really wants to trade out and either get a guy to help win now and pick up an additional pick. I know the Knicks have been trying to trade up and have dangled Knox, no 8, and their latter picks to get the no 2 pick, but Gsw is insistent they include RJ, not Knox and I can’t see a front office dumb enough to do that. Lot of other teams in the mix at 2 as well.

Knicks homer here with some draft thoughts...

we hold the number 8 pick currently, and a late 1st rounder. I fully expect them to do something unexpected here.

who they want...imo we would love to move up, but not to take who you think. The target imo is not lamelo, nor Wiseman, or edwards. My belief is their guy is Obi Toppin. Now while I do feel a trade up is unlikely, and the chances of Toppin dropping to 8 even less likely, I do feel this is who they covet if they can find a way to grab him.

that being said, if that cannot happen then what?

with lots of holes on this team priorities are PG, shooting, and defense.

PG—most have the Knicks linked to Haliburton or Hayes I do not see it. Haliburton is solid, but I feel his shot will be an issue. He can catch and shoot it if he’s open, but he’s got a funky release and it’s kind of slow so shooting off the bounce or contested shots could be a problem. Other than that he’s got good basketball IQ and is a good defender. Hayes has a lot of flash to his game and there’s a lot to like, but the Knicks haven’t exactly had luck with foreign players and just took Ntilikina in this same spot a few years ago which I believe will give them some pause here. My take is Thibodeau and Rose want a dynamic PG, enter Kira Lewis jr. Dude is a blur and I can see him, RJ, Mitch out in transition. He needs to get stronger and work on his d but if I’m the Knicks he’s my pg I’m targeting. 8 might be a bit high so if he’s their guy they might try to move back and pick up an asset.

shooting—the two best shooters in this draft are Nesmith from Vandy who is an absolute marksman, and Tyrell Terry from Stanford. I believe has he not gotten injured last season Nesmith would be in the lottery conversation, as is he’s probably slotted somewhere between 10-15 and Terry a bit behind him mid-late 1st round. I don’t see either being picked by the Knicks unless they trade down.

defense—we all know Thibodeau loves defense, and two wing defenders are possible selections at 8. Okoro and Vassell. Both are stud defenders with the ability to guard multiple positions. Okoro physically is a beast. Versatile athlete, strong, but his offense is raw, he’s not a great shooter, which would be an issue on a team who already has issues spacing the floor. Imo for the Knicks, Vassell is the better fit, as both are very good defenders and should translate right away, Vassell is a legit 3 point shooter, and more your 3 and D wing. He’s definitely in play at 8 or lower I believe.

Toppin, Lewis jr, Vassell those are my top 3 I think they Knicks covet.

Obviously if a Westbrook to ny deal is done before the draft, likely involving Randle, Knox, Ntilikina and 2021 pick, that might change things

Wiseman -125 under 2.5. I have yet to see anyone not having him going 2 to the warriors. Is a trade the only way he doesn’t go 2?

Edwards going 1 now apparently... odds dropped on my site from +190 to +160 from morning until now

Wiseman -125 under 2.5. I have yet to see anyone not having him going 2 to the warriors. Is a trade the only way he doesn’t go 2?
Yes. Gsw will not take edwards and even if lamelo doesn’t go 1 I still think they take wiseman. Like you said tho, I think Gsw really wants to trade out and get Klay and Steph immediate help and another pick so it’s just do they get that offer or not

Whoever gets Cole Anthony is the mid-late 1st is getting a steal. He’d be the number 1 pick had he skipped unc, and then tried to play thru a knee injury which he eventually had surgery on and sat out 11 games I believe. He probably should have shut it down but tried to come back and play and was never 100%. All the talent is there tho

Warriors like advija, talking trades to move down. Assuming whoever moves up wants melo? I got Wiseman +180 over 2.5. Might sprinkle a little hoping a deal gets done

Warriors like advija, talking trades to move down. Assuming whoever moves up wants melo? I got Wiseman +180 over 2.5. Might sprinkle a little hoping a deal gets done
Cancel that, looks like bulls want wiseman at 2. If they deal for it

Rumors of Knicks moving up to 5 giving up 8 and 23
Rumors in Israel that Knicks looking to draft up maybe for Avdija and Warriors to trade down to get him... He should go in 4-6 places...
He is a great player...
Much better than Bender back in the days

Rumors in Israel that Knicks looking to draft up maybe for Avdija and Warriors to trade down to get him... He should go in 4-6 places...
He is a great player...
I can only imagine the pushback from fans if Knicks do that

He is a great player...
Really can’t see that. Don’t think thibs wants a young euro project on a team hoping to be competitive next year

He is a great player...
How long till he comes over?

Whoever gets Cole Anthony is the mid-late 1st is getting a steal. He’d be the number 1 pick had he skipped unc, and then tried to play thru a knee injury which he eventually had surgery on and sat out 11 games I believe. He probably should have shut it down but tried to come back and play and was never 100%. All the talent is there tho
Yep, after the top 5ish I'd take him on principle

It's a toss up anyway at that point, why not take the guy with 1.1 ceiling

Like the Pels pick

13. New Orleans Pelicans: Kira Lewis Jr., G, Alabama​

Some really talented guards have come off the board at the end of the lottery. Lewis is the fastest player in this draft and is the rare speed demon who comes into the NBA already with a reliable 3-point shot. He’s the perfect complement to Lonzo Ball in that he can consistently get into the lane and create cracks in the defense that Ball can then exploit as a secondary playmaker. Both will be fantastic in the open court next to Zion Williamson and Jaxson Hayes, the two athletic big men drafted in last year’s lottery. The Pelicans are going to be flying next season.

Grade: A

13. New Orleans Pelicans: Kira Lewis Jr., G, Alabama​

Some really talented guards have come off the board at the end of the lottery. Lewis is the fastest player in this draft and is the rare speed demon who comes into the NBA already with a reliable 3-point shot. He’s the perfect complement to Lonzo Ball in that he can consistently get into the lane and create cracks in the defense that Ball can then exploit as a secondary playmaker. Both will be fantastic in the open court next to Zion Williamson and Jaxson Hayes, the two athletic big men drafted in last year’s lottery. The Pelicans are going to be flying next season.

Grade: A
If he gets stronger. He’s gonna be a problem

Back