NBA Discussion: Week of 1/2/2017

Phoenix is playing its 5th game in 7 nights. 6th in 9 nights with travel between each game. Problem is.... they're playing Miami.

Miami is entering the same situation tonight into tomorrow. Dragic will make every effort to play @ Phoenix as he still hates the franchise. Taking Miami ML

Last edited:
Any thoughts on Utah/Boston tonight? Interested in the Raps too, they've lost a lot of games against the very best teams - that plus seeking a 4-2 trip instead of a 3-3 trip leads me to believe they'll come out focused tonight.

C1OqMcVUUAEgkWY.jpg

Any thoughts on Utah/Boston tonight? Interested in the Raps too, they've lost a lot of games against the very best teams - that plus seeking a 4-2 trip instead of a 3-3 trip leads me to believe they'll come out focused tonight.

Utah George Hill is out still and the jazz have had a few cup cakes recently.... hate 6 point favorite openers

no way im going against the spurs at home after a loss... spread seems fair with how hot the raptors have been ats this season

i like the sixers tonight. they had one chance to be on TNT Thursday night and it got moderately hyped as an Embiid vs Towns matchup. Unfortunately, the sixers were also in a b2b and got smoked and looked terrible in the process. I think they seek revenge tonight and can see an outright win

hill out helps c's for sure....having a hard time laying the 6....utah will walk it up and play d, c's will continue their dysfunctional offense of late i figure because it hasn't cost them any games....utah in a b2b on the road so i do not know how that will play....c's haven't played since friday when IT scored 52 and is the only reason they beat miami as miami was every bit as good as the c's that night....tempted to grab the points but probable pass

I lean toward the sixers also. Its a good spot but its hard to bet on a team that shows so little heart. I've watched them completely give up on themselves a couple of times this season but maybe being a national TV game might give them a little inspiration to play the full 48.

Hard bet to make.

BJPLAYER said:
hill out helps c's for sure....having a hard time laying the 6....utah will walk it up and play d, c's will continue their dysfunctional offense of late i figure because it hasn't cost them any games....utah in a b2b on the road so i do not know how that will play....c's haven't played since friday when IT scored 52 and is the only reason they beat miami as miami was every bit as good as the c's that night....tempted to grab the points but probable pass

I think you've nailed it. Theres just too many question marks to bet this game. I lean Celts but no confidence to bet it.

Good game to watch...not to bet

More of a rest-of-season than week of 1/2/17 comment, but I'm bullish on the Bucks. Maybe it's just the Cavs games, but they give us fits. Seem tough at home.

Illness been running through the C's, Smart and Zeller stayed in the hospital overnight. Bradley still felling it as well.

They're in a good spot but the illness shit kept me off.

jazz, spurs and heat for me

biggest play of the night is wake forest in cbb..... first half and TT over as well

good luck gents

Jizz still on the no-bet list for me as well.

for me its mostly the line itself that is making me stay away from boston... the 6 to 5.5 is usually not good for favs imo

the jazz have given up the least amount of assists to opposing pgs the past month..... whatever you want to make of that

i like the sixers tonight. they had one chance to be on TNT Thursday night and it got moderately hyped as an Embiid vs Towns matchup. Unfortunately, the sixers were also in a b2b and got smoked and looked terrible in the process. I think they seek revenge tonight and can see an outright win

Nice call and dead on. Grabbed some ml:cheers3:

CLEVELAND -- LeBron James was told to stay home for Wednesday's shootaround prior to the Cleveland Cavaliers' game against the Chicago Bulls as he recovers from an illness, according to a team spokesman.

James is considered questionable for the Bulls game, according to the Cavs.

That puts Cleveland's entire Big Three up in the air with Kyrie Irving (right hamstring tightness) and Kevin Love (illness) also considered questionable. Irving participated in shootaround Wednesday while Love reported to the practice session and then was excused from the court. He continues to recover from the food poisoning he suffered over the weekend that caused him to lose 10 pounds, according to Cavs' coach Tyronn Lue.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rs-game?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I still want to know how Kevin Love loses 10 pounds from food poisoning. Sounds like the guys in the Fat Club thread could use the advice...

dude's 240 pounds. 10 pounds of that is easily water weight, especially with the amount of muscle breakdown/recovery that is occurring on a daily basis

"Athletic trainers usually try to make sure players don't lose more than about 3 percent of their overall weight during a practice session. So a running back might drop four to five pounds during a game, and a lineman might expend closer to nine pounds, says Chris Fischetti, an athletic trainer for the Buffalo Bills."

I'm terrible with props, but have to believe Cousins could beast tonight against Luke Babbitt and Willie Reed (Andre Drummond had 25 on Sunday). Only drawback is the B2B, but he's averaging 27.9 PPG in 7 B2B's this season, which is only 1.1 off his season average.

Looks like no Kyrie, Love, but LeBron still questionable? Also:

Lance Thomas will start in place of Kristaps Porzingis tonight. This allows Carmelo Anthony to play power forward, which may be a better position for him defensively. He's had a tough time chasing small forwards on the perimeter at times this year.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thunder's Russell Westbrook drills referee in the head with the ball <a href="https://t.co/57PygvLNHG">pic.twitter.com/57PygvLNHG</a></p>&mdash; Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/816803330135494657">January 5, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guess the old LeBron and 4 stooges doesn't work anymore.

Gonna get on the Dubs as a chaser.

Winslow might be done for the season. Have to believe Dragic and Whiteside are gone by the deadline now.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zyTYwt2dvVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Literally impossible for a human being in the Suns' position tonight to care at all. Dallas should romp

Literally impossible for a human being in the Suns' position tonight to care at all. Dallas should romp
The Suns seem to be changing rapidly. The Suns seem to do worse after a win and have not won consecutive games. The Suns have lost 4 in a row to Dallas and what logic lies hidden in your remarks since
the 2 teams have been major enemies

fully agree... i'll be looking to back the mavs a lot going forward
I think that Dallas is on a real upswing and is a team to look at backing. I am still curious about thinking the Suns are not serious about this game

Back