NBA Discussion Thread for Saturday 12/9

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
You guys gotta carry the ball on this one, I got this broad on her way here.

Any early plays from the regulars?

Am I really looking at a Washington home total of only 192?

Warriors been catching teams on b2b's all year and been fairly successful in that spot at home, number is relatively high at -7 concerning their recent performances, but this could spell blowout if hornets come in tired and flat, best way to play this game would be to watch 1H and bet accordingly after IMO even if the 2H spreads may be greatly exaggerated from the original lines

will be interested in the celts/nets line, celts main defensive defieciency is their inability to stop penetration and like i said in a previous discussion thread, i just dont trust the decision making of their youthful guards. it is understandable, but they have a real lack of recognition out there on the court, case in point tonight, down the stretch, amare was tagged with 5 fouls, yet they continued to try to execute on the perimeter and only once ran a cut play for jefferson (in the last 3-5 minutes). with the way the nets lost that game to the suns and all of l. frank's comments afterwards, i think we could see them explode on boston tomorrow.

Bucks/Knicks Over 206.5 - This game has all the makings of a shootout.

Dallas - the points - Hope it gets bet down as a good spot for the Mavs with a day of rest at home and Denver on a b2b.

SD, I agree. Dallas should be a very strong play... especially comming off a national tv beatdown. Howard should slow down Melo... and if someone can get a hand in JR Smith's face... they'll be set.

At first glance the Washington vs. Rockets total jumped way out at me

I was trying to hit the OVER and Washington @ a PK before the line went off the board

IMO Washington wins this game by 10+

That's really the only game I've put some thought into and figured a Washington -5 line with the over/under @ 202

But like BetCrimes said, that Minny vs. Houston game made it so that we'd get A LOT of future Rocket toals very low

Also FYI, URI -2 vs. Utah jumps out at me big-time tomorrow

I'm from the area and for some reason people have been talking about this game for awhile lol...I believe the Utah coach use to coach at URI or something, but I'm not 100% sure on that

That's NCAA Bball but I'm putting it here

Tomorrow, for what it's worth, I like (via my own thread, with additions)

WAS-HOU Over (193 as I see it), like it a lot. I'm inclined to think if you want this & can get it now, do so, because I cant believe the total will drop. HOU major players got easy minutes because Charlotte gave them no contest at all, so I dont see the B2B aspect being an issue. Could be the biggest bet I've placed in sometime depending on what number I get access at. As far as WAS being on a B2B, they delivered a lot of Unders while they had little real form going, so just because they have a few recent Overs, doesnt make me afraid that *one of their recent under efforts* is going to suddenly reappear. I'll think nothing but Overs or pass for them until they go cold, and after their last home game produced a win over dallas, I dont see them carrying anything but confidence into this game. I believe 100 plays 100 here.

NJY-BOS Under: Jersey consistently delivers Unders off 210+ totals, irrespective of rest, last season and so far in this one. Boston will make a game of this - despite the scoreline from last night, PHX took them easy then put them away with a late burst. I think Jersey put them away by not allowing what PHX did, which was easy points. I'd expect a 194-198 total, I'll say jersey does what Chicago did to Boston, wins low 100s vs high 80s/low 90s.

MEM-LAC Under: Another one I'm inclined to say, if you want this, grab it now if you can because it should drop (I see 187). Going to be one competitive game and *Under teams* as I see them coming off multiple Over results (5-1 to Over last 6 MEM, 3-0 last 3 LAC) at a venue when the home team favours Under. I think low 90 plays low 90 at the worst, more probable winner 90 vs loser 80.

DAL-DEN Under: 1 team brings a 9-2 Under last 11 run in vs a team which is in a period where their pendulum is swinging more towards balanced total results vs what came before (10 straight Overs). Again, I cant believe this wont drop (I see 211) since Dallas must be smarting off a home loss, and back at home they're not a team in such a spot to give up points freely (has been the case since they hit .500 this season, and was the case all last season). I think Dallas wins 100 playing 90.

Last edited:
dallas coming off that embarassing loss to detroit, playing denver off a blowout win on zero days rest.

houston blew their wad tonite...should come out flat facing a 'surging' wiz team at home...(btw, both teams off b2b, with wiz having revenge)...

BetCrimes like the New Jersy/Boston under play. Looks like both of these teams just came off of games putting up more points than anyone could have ever expected. New Jersey did finally look like the team the finished off last year with. I would think they are not going to be able to run up the points like that again, neither will Boston. Boston may be a little more tired than the Nets will be but I wouldn't expect this game's tempo to be set at the tempo of the Pheonix Suns. Good call.

Play that stands out to me
L.A. Clippers -1.5
I like the Clippers as a good playoff team, they have failed to prove to us that they are that so far this year. They are really playing much weaker than they did last year. The only problem is that you really can't say much positive about Memphis they absolutely suck with their injuries that they are suffering, last year the Grizzlies were the best team defensively and now they can't quite seem to stop nobody. That will not change until they get healthy. The Clippers have struggled alot away from home so here is a good chance to catch a road victory and with a one and a half point spread I do not think that it will be hard to achieve.
First glance at Saturdays plays.

Bucks are playing their 3rd game in 4 nights... The over and Bucks still look good to me. Villanueva could get some PT.

Cleveland looks to be my fave tomorrow.

Crimes I really think that Denver/Dallas game could be a serious shootout, both teams really playing at a high level. The game will go in Dallas's direction and I do believe Denver will hang with them. Not saying Dallas will win but just I feel it will be a fast paced game and each time will be playing at will to score. Just the way I see it.
Bodog has not placed and over under line, I would have probably jumped on the over if it were there. Look it over, good luck to us both.

Jpicks, I like Houston as well, it is currently no play for me, still resting on it, but wouldn't pick Washington.

i like the dalas under 2maro... i am not lookin to bet it because im too drunk to think about it but there was a really big trend on dallas Unders following a loss last season

MX, at the moment I'm committed only to completing the 1 chase I posted that goes Saturday. My decisions regarding the other 3 totals I brought up will be decided quite sometime away yet.

JR SMith is an amazing streak scorer. Guy doesnt have the best form on his jumper but hes definately more than capable. He put up huge numbers for any rookie.. but the guy has come character issues and has never heard the word defense before. Oh well, still a fun player to watch

Back