NBA Conference Semifinals Wednesday...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
21-11-1 +35.40 units

I didn't get to see one second of the Dallas-Denver game. I saw the halftime score and the final. Looksl ike Howard didn't get much run and it was a 4th qtr surge that got Denver the cover. Their 25 ppg margin in wins is outstanding right now. Cleveland came out with a little rust and predictably turned it on after halftime. Congrats to total players last night. Both worked out to perfection with the situations and officials. Kikcing myself for not playing at least the over in Denver. Ah well, onto tonight...

I have no interest in the Laker-Houston game. I do expect like most to see a Lakers victory. They will have to come with a whole different offensive strategy though. Jumpshooting isn't going to get it done against a damn good defense. Houston will be happy with Kobe getting 32 points on 31 shots again. All day. Gasol also needs to step up. He got abused on both ends Monday night.

Played Boston yesterday morning as posted in the other thread. Orlando showed once again on Monday their inability to play 4th quarter basketball. Their offensive gameplan in the 4th is atrocious. We talked about this before Game One and I had to go with Orlando based on the situation. Not tonight. I am not playing this on the Boston has to win angle. I am playing this on the fact that Boston even without KG is a better team at home. Ray and Rondo both will shoot much better. The key, as I said before Game 1 is for Perkins and Davis not to get into early foul trouble. But, with the way Orlando just ignores Howard that is less of an issue. Orlando has now had two pretty good 3 ball shooting games in a row. Regular season showed that after a series of those they had fallen too in love and would have a cold game. Will that happen here? Who knows but if they want to ignore the big man and jack those up all day go ahead. Btw, a Stephon Marbury sighting in game one. Kooky. Anyways, gonna leave it at that....

Boston -3.5 -110 4 units

The inability of Orlando to close out games in the 4th quarter is astonishing. As much as they dominated in game 1 they still almost lost. You think they would have learned their lesson from the Sixers series notably game 1 in that series.

You think they would have learned their lesson from the Sixers series notably game 1 in that series.

They just have no closers on that team.

Oddly enough, I think Jameer Nelson could be that guy, but he's hurt. (That's also mostly speculation on my part going back to his college days when he was pretty f**king clutch.)

Are you not worried that both Fav hits yesterday Game? Now we have Boston and Lakers playing on the same day the Publics Fav 2 teams at home and now we have Boston getting pounded as the spread climbs to 4.5 What are your response to this? FOr other Boston backers that didnt grab it at 3.5 or 4. Would the point be more our favor as the Underdog do to all the money on Boston???

You think they would have learned their lesson from the Sixers series notably game 1 in that series.

They just have no closers on that team.

Oddly enough, I think Jameer Nelson could be that guy, but he's hurt. (That's also mostly speculation on my part going back to his college days when he was pretty f**king clutch.)

Thats a real good point.

In college he was clutch if anything with Jameer you at least know he won't be afraid to have the ball in his hands at the end of the game, not sure about the rest of that team. He is probably the best option they have in term of a closer, unfortnately he can't do anything from the bench.

Are you not worried that both Fav hits yesterday Game? Now we have Boston and Lakers playing on the same day the Publics Fav 2 teams at home and now we have Boston getting pounded as the spread climbs to 4.5 What are your response to this? FOr other Boston backers that didnt grab it at 3.5 or 4. Would the point be more our favor as the Underdog do to all the money on Boston???

Line was 6.5 for game 1, books made adjustment however anyone with a pulse who watched that game 1 saw how quick Orlando almost gave the thing away. With a 28pt lead in 2nd half Orlando had no business needing to shoot ft's with 30secs left to close out the game. Like BAR pointed out its tough to see Ray and Rondo having back to back poor shooting games especially at home.

I always look at trends/streaks, but only as a helping point. The home favs winning yesterday doesn't bother me today. Now, a bigger series of this event occuring and I will take notice.

As far as the line goes. Game One opened at a 3 and got pounded down. I expected from prior experience for Game 2 to open at a 4 or so. I expected to play it at 4 or 4.5. It opened 2.5 on Pinnacle which was an utter shock to me. So, I upped the play a bit getting it at 3.5. I would have prolly put 3 units down at 4.5 and would have been on the fence at 4.

I don't know BAR. Good luck, but I can't imagine Kendrick "Where's the Cake at" Perkins and Large Baby Davis doing anything to stop Howard if they decide to feed him this game. Plus JJ Reddick is "En Fuego"! You don't wanna bet against a hot JJ Reddick!

I like the Magic Tonight but best of luck!

As low as 2.5...That must of been a Dream come true to Re Open it at what they had it at on Sunday.
Looking For Boston to have a Big Game With there 3 Point Shooting. Eddie. Ray. and Pierce. Maybe be them at there own game??

I reallly really Miss Nelson. This was his best Season of his Career. Finally he had confidence in his shot. And if you remember when Orlando played at LA LA Land. They had the game in Nelson hands to Hit Clutch 3's And Jump Shots. The boy is getting better...Orlando to me would be that TEAM with Nelson In the Lineup. Will See where this lines end up with the Books and from there I willl PUnch it. Thanks for the write up.

Yeah, when Joe P was talking about Nelson earlier I immediately thought of that game in LA on a Friday night earlier this year.

Kid, good health. Me thinks the old playoff vet Jeebus Shuttlesworth takes it to JJ tonight.

Yeah, when Joe P was talking about Nelson earlier I immediately thought of that game in LA on a Friday night earlier this year.

Kid, good health. Me thinks the old playoff vet Jeebus Shuttlesworth takes it to JJ tonight.

The thing is Courtny Lee should be starting over Reddick right? Hopefully?

Will he be in good enough shape to chase Ray Ray around all night? Could that be the key to the game? :hang:

BAR,
Boston radio has been all over Rondo since he bitch slapped Miller in the Chi series.
They aree saying he has lost his edge and toughness. Game 1 was his worst all year.
I really expect PP and KG to give him a talking to to get his head back in the game.
The Boston bench is playing much better thanks to Marbury and House and Scalls.
If the Celts get behind early and Rondo is still playing scared expect Doc to go to Steph to right the ship.
Looking forward to a much better Celtic effort tonight somilar to game 2 vs the Bulls.

Flav

You don't wanna bet against a hot JJ Reddick!

Sure you can did it pretty much throughout his college playing days at Duke.

I think tonight Ray gets even.

i like it

i look for boston to crank it put full court

also i look for them to shoot better

people can say what they want but no team has the heart like the champs and if you see another look for the champs to pull away second half.

gl tonite

BAR,
Boston radio has been all over Rondo since he bitch slapped Miller in the Chi series.
They aree saying he has lost his edge and toughness. Game 1 was his worst all year.
I really expect PP and KG to give him a talking to to get his head back in the game.
The Boston bench is playing much better thanks to Marbury and House and Scalls.
If the Celts get behind early and Rondo is still playing scared expect Doc to go to Steph to right the ship.
Looking forward to a much better Celtic effort tonight somilar to game 2 vs the Bulls.

Flav

1H the C's are certainly playing MUCH better...

I guess calling out Rondo lit a fire under his azz
How bout that dunk he had
House is da man right now
:smiley_acbe:
Flav

Nice. I guess this line wasn't too good to be true. This could be the last line of the playoffs that was truly a mistake.

Nice. I guess this line wasn't too good to be true. This could be the last line of the playoffs that was truly a mistake.

I hope not. There seems to have been a few so far.

On a sidenote, is it just me or are totals easier than ever in the playoffs? I guess it's so new being privy to information before tip-off but it's been great. I have now layed off 2-3 easy ones this weak and am kicking myself.

nice job on the Scals....

i know what u mean by totals...seein lots of 180's type totals and for whatever reason i have just ignored them when in reg season id be all over them

i guess the whole playoffs small ball low scoring mentality has creeped in somewhat and i have blinders on and missed some easy ones

On a sidenote, is it just me or are totals easier than ever in the playoffs? I guess it's so new being privy to information before tip-off but it's been great. I have now layed off 2-3 easy ones this weak and am kicking myself.

Careful not to jinx it, but the info does help.

Thing is, I'm convinced it only helps if you know the league and take the situation into account. Like that Heat over you had last week, like the Boston over tonight. The problem with some of them has been the blowout. Well, the problem for what should have been overs that is.

Great job so far in the playoffs BAR!!! So good that I'm tailing another capper for a first time in almost four years and trust me, that is the highest praise I can give :)

Good luck for the rest of the playoffs (unless you go agaisnt the Lakers)! :)

Back