NBA Conference Semifinal Monday...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
19-9-1 +34.90 units

I didn't play anything yesterday. Glad to just watch the opening of the Dallas-Denver series and get a feel. Granted, I only saw pieces of it but I still think this will be a long series. I guess the viable option would have been Atlasnta minus the points and Miami ML. It certainly wasn't going to be a dog cover. Great homecrowd for the Hawks. I think that may help them steal one against the Cavs. Maybe. Saturday nights win on Boston was satisfying because I knew just looking at cthe points there was too easy. It came down to making FT's late and holding off that surge but most definitely the correct side. Interesting first round to say the least. Like I said before the playoffs, these could suck. Take away the Boston-Chicago series and the first round was a dud. New Orleans-Denver was nice from the hard foul point but 4 blowouts isn't good for a 5 game series. This round, two series should be solid and the other two should be 4-5 game sets involving Cleveland and Los Angeles.

Houston at Los Angeles

Well, one reason I didn't start a thread earlier or put any plays in was due to the fact that this game was OTB yesterday with Kobe's cold/flu, whatever. My feel is that this would be a scrappy ugly game. One of those feel out games to get the series started. The Lakers won all 4 in the regular season. The games in Houton were close but Kobe daggered them both times in the lategoing. The games at Staples were 12 and 29 point margins. The last meeting there in particular was ugly. LA played excellent defense and showed the Rockets very vulnerable on offense. They just are not creative. So, basically my play today was looking at the under. The NBA put me in a bind here with the officials...

Tony Brothers 38-33
Joe DeRosa 30-37
Scott Foster 46-25

No reason to touch this with under killer and point shaver Scotty Foster in there. One of those refs I have despised for a solid 15 years. As far as the side, I would lean Lakers. I think Kobe makes an early point against Ronny after the comments last week. I also think that Houston is poorly coached offensively(ands Adelman is a good offensive coach in past) putting them behind the 8-ball from the beginning. So, I will pass. I will watch the first half intently and go from there as far as a 2nd half play goes.

Orlando at Boston

It is so tough to tell how a team coming off a grueling series will react two days later starting a new series. In my NBA lifetime I have seen absolute full game duds, first half lulls and the occasional adrenaline still being there and a team coming out just perfect. That is what needs to be guaged here. Fatigue is something that will be mentioned. Well, the series stretched 15 days. Seven games in 15 days isn't that much during an NBA season. Add in the overtimes and you make a case it was almost 8 games. Either way, sometimes that gets overrated. What cannot be overrated though is the mental fatigue. That series had to take a lot out of Boston. Face it, guys like Pierce, Allen and Rondo have now played 33 outta a possible 35 playoff games the past two years. That is a lot of wear and tear. Flipping to the Orlando side...Dwight Howard certainly is rested. Whatever JJ Redick and Andre Miller have to say, he is still the key here. Boston has no depth up front without Powe and Garnett. It's so bad, Mikki Moore cannot even get past Scal on the depth chart. Perkins and Big Baby are going to see a lot of foul trouble this series. They already have a tough enough time keeping their hands out of the cookie jar. Howard needs to be utilized as much as possible early and often. The one good thing about Game 6 against Philly is it should boost the confidence of all the Magic role players.

Looking at both the side tonight and series price as they correlate. The Magic opened as dogs series wise and got bet dwn to favorites. The current Game One line is +1.5 for Orlando. This has been bet down as well. Even the opening line of 3 was pretty short. That right there tells me who they think wins this series. I agree as well. Already reading on net last night and this morning how Orlando is a sucker play here. I think it is the perfect situation still though. Boston is going to be a step slow tonight. Orlando should be able to control the tempo and the crowd. I expect Howard to be a beast and for the Boston frontline to be in foul trouble all night.

Now, as far as that total. I like a sluggish Boston start and not the hottest of shooting all game long. I don't expect Orlando to go hognuts wild either on offense. Just efficient. The posted total right now is 188.5. Looking back at the previous three matchups...

84-82
86-79
90-80

The last game is one in which Garnett played 16 minutes.

Now, the kicker here which sealed the play:

James Capers 29-43
Ken Muaer 26-37
M. Wunderlich 31-40

That is an excellent under ref crew here. Already liked it and add these fellas in and we have a play. So, again, side and total. Just hope for a profitable night.

Orlando +1.5 -110 3 units
Orlando U188.5 -110 3 units

also lean ORL for the series but i hate playing both a side and a total in the same game.

...the under smells very nice because public perception is that ORL likes to run and shoot 3s, which clearly isn't the case with what should be a fatigued (in at least the mental way) Celtics team

Bar - what did you think about the denver games yesterday...It just seemed like Denver was getting to many calls. Everytime Dallas would come back within 4 they would call some dumb call and boom back to 10

GH BAW, might be going against you on this tonight.

Last edited:
From what I saw DJ, that seemed to be the case. The FT disparity was amazing. Like I said, I saw bits and pieces. I was watching that, the Wings game and the golf. I was flipping like a madman. But 36-13 in FT attempts is amazing. Denver only hit 69 percent of those as well killing over backers.

Warner, it is tough playing both in a game but I gotta stick to the plays. I tried to talk myself out of one or the other but couldn't do it. Nice thoughts about the public perception of Orlando. The season series sculpted an under feel after the intial meeting.

Thanks Uncle Galtie

relevant_interest.jpg

One bad team. One soft team.

This series has trainwreck written all over it.

But I like where you're head's at.

Go Magic.

Nice pussy Santa ;)

Good number Marlo. I was just going to play ML last night but couldn't make my mind up. So, lose some value and decided to take points.

Let do it Joe P. Goals in Hockey tonight too. Better get that hova this time.

Good to hear Capping.

Let do it Joe P. Goals in Hockey tonight too. Better get that hova this time.

I would be fine if you followed up that statement with that little f**ker slamming his fist on the table.

Run it up, Pittsburgh.

my only hesitation on this one is, that Boston carries over some momentum from game 7, and if they win this one, I will hammer the shit out of Orlando in game 2.

I've been thinking along your lines BAR. Seems to me the Celts mental fatigue will be key. Orlando on the other hand is in a "locked and loaded" mode. Big W without Dwight. Now he's back and TEAM confidence should be high.

Worrysome part for the Under from my POV is that without Garnett Celts games totals are obviously higher. Orlando is an Under team on the road, so we'll see where that'll go.

Good Luck!

Tip for those that want to bet the ML @ Pinny.
ML currently @ +106
If you take the ML from the Spread menu its +108.

I was shocked how you were on Orlando. This being my team I felt that Game 1 was out of reach for us bc Dhoward 1st Game back and adding JJ to the starting line up on the road has me concern. This is a team that takes time to develop there chemistry. Do you see Orlando PG playing a big role in this game or thru out the series, Who will be on Ray Allen?

:( ...although the homer in me cant condone you betting against Scal

i can't blame you either.....reading in the locals today very insightful...mental fatigue will be prevelant i do believe

brief breakdown:
C's hold adv on both guard spots and SF. Superman and Lewis hold adv over Perk/Moore and Scal/Baby at other 2 postions and Magix adv on bench
Doc holds a slight adv on Mr. Panic but Doc still sucks on adjustments and in game x's and o's

The key i feel will be Ray Ray....if he can come to play from the jump then C's will be right there...he has adv over JJ and if they sub Pietrus for D, then Magic lose the offense. C's need to sloooooooooooooow them down to half court ball to limit adv Howard and Lewis have and of course, jump out on the 3 shooters
Doc will def have to have more faith in his bench at least early on in series cause fatigue both mental and physical will be big for starters. He clearly lost all faith with bench in bulls series. Magic have the rest and they know to be champs you must beat the champs so I know they will come to play.

GL BAW...sorry to highjack your thread with my random thoughts:shake:

Last edited:
I like Bawston and over. Ha!

Weeno, remember that playoff competition we were talking about over PMs? Well, I already won the competition after round 1. Because of scoring it's mathmatically impossible for me to lose since I picked every series winner correct and Dallas in 7 was the only series I missed by more than 1 game. Thanks for the help. Beers on me if you make your way around here.

The one thing that I think has to probably be figured into every game in this series is that, as bad as Boston is or can be, they have some clutch-ness to them. Conversely, Orlando has shown they're very willing to let teams back into games and wilt down the stretch.

That's got to be worth a good three points a game for the C's.

Boston could carry over some momentum Marlo but I also think they are mentally drained. They have been in this situation nefore so we shall see. By all rights, they have no business being here. The two old cats came up with big plays though in Games 2 and 5 or Chicago advances.

wizardofodd, yes it means 2-0. I almost varied them but when I put them in I decided to go that route. I had in my mind earlier to vary them but decided not too. I can see where that wording is iffy.

LTE23, welcome to the forum. Point guard play will be big. Alston just has to play a good floor game and hit his open three-pointers to keep the spacing good. Also, try and force Rondo into turnovers. Will not be easy. Obviously there isn't a stopper here for Ray Allen. Gordon wasn't a stopper either but Allen played into his hands defensively at times despite a heck of a series. As far as chemistry. I think Game 6 was huge for this team. First time in the playoffs they looked real cohesive. Without an inside presence, they had to move the ball more and be aggressive. It worked great. It is a huge confidence builder for the team. The one thing here is to keep being agressive while still getting Howard his touches. Davis and Perkins looked great last series against a bad front line for Chicago as far as size and boarding goes. It will be different this time. Lastly, I like how Turk and Lewis finally stepped up the last 2.5 games of the Philadelphia series. Hopefully that carries over.

Great stuff Ret. Definitely correct about more bench faith. The thing is, other than Eddie House and I guess Scal when he is hitting the 3-balls who do you trust? Marbury is scared. Mikki Moore will committ about a foul a minute against Howard. Slim pickings right now. Good stuff, thx.

Blue Chip. that is awesome. I was just looking at the standings of the one I am in and was wondering how you were doing in yours. I got a good chance as well. Sweet sweet deal for ya.

Joe, Boston definitely has the better finisher(s). Orlando pulls that go away from Howard crap late. That definitely will be in my head a lot in this series. Just not tonight ;)

from the Sportsguy b4 Game7:
.... Last season barely matters right now. All that matters is winning the most incredible playoff series ever played. I don't even care what happens after Game 7; we can't beat the LeBrons anyway. This is our NBA Finals. Right here. The Celtics fans feel that way, and so do the Bulls fans. ...

Boston's paid out on 6 of 7 Overs this p.s. That simply won't continue into this series. Chasing the under in. BOL BAR

Last edited:
Boston's paid on on 6 of 7 Overs this p.s. That simply won't continue into this series. Chasing the under in. BOL BAR

That's what tipped me over the edge on it, too.

So far so good. Hopefully Boston puts the scrubs in and that should save the under.

have 98.5 to play with this half.

btw, just looking at the stats, the refs are certainly doing their job. A total of 3 fouls on Orlando 1st half with ZERO ft attempts

Yeah Joe, it's a great word. Got it from golf in two ways. A lot of annoucers use it. Also, I once made a 35 foot down-hill putt with at least 3 breaks and my playing partner yelled "routine!" right after and been a favorite ever since.

Marlo, I think that is the opener as well.

yeah should get pounded up there if it doesn't open there. Not saying this time a year is easy, but it becomes more predictable from a game to game point of view....proof is in the pudding in this thread....

Exactly. Line usually is 1-2 points different the next game with a team needing a win.

Cle games are exception..lol

Btw, same opener for DET and ATL at Cle...kooky...

Back at halftime if a play presents itself. Doing a quick Cinco De Quatro celebration here.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat colSpan=2>Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 145 (39 members and 106 guests) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 colSpan=2>rob0317, Bets4Bucks, biff_chipmon, bjorks, Capone, cashflowmatters, Cherry Picker, cogenman, Coolslaw1, DaBestBody4Life, DJ Tanner, dstang26, esco, euros, FLAVORMAN, FloppyBoy, georgioly, H.R. Pufnstuf, Harvey, HereWeGo, ISU74, kingj, Lexington 125, linewatcher, Marc23, Martian$$$, menACE2sgv, orange&white, OrangeLover, Pablo2k1, potlicker, RandyJA, ras2525, Sactown King, sirwinzalot, smo1a, sonar28, tubby

Where were all you the last 2 months of the regullar season...btw guests should not be aloud in BAR's thread....haha...registration required

Nice hit tonight kid........GL the rest of the way
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back