NBA 07-08 Home Rest vs B2Bs Thread

BetCrimes1984

CTG Big Brother
Due to circumstances, I went hunting for some stats from a set of records that I have that only go back 2 seasons. While this is a limited stat pool, the following numbers are consistent enough to suggest they can be trusted since from a reality/logical point-of-view, they make sense to be what they are.

They concern Home teams on exactly 2 days rest facing a road team off a game the night before (a B2B - it doesn't matter if the road team played at home or away that previous game).
The line taken for the game is relevant: its the opening line as presented by DonBest (since all the stats I sourced are based on that number).

Home teams in this scenario (2 days rest vs B2B teams) who...

- weren't on a 4 or more game losing streak entering the contest

- werent off a win their previous game, when their record off their prior 5 SU wins to that was 1-4 or 0-5 SU

- were playing this game before April the 1st

...and opened from a pick'em to -7.5, went

in 06-07 .... SU 25-5 .... ATS 22-6-2
in 05-06 .... SU 24-4 .... ATS 20-8

Overall .... SU 49-9 (84.4 winning %) .... ATS 42-14-2 (72.4 winning %)

...and opened -8.0 or higher, went

in 06-07 .... SU 13-1 .... ATS 4-9-1
in 05-06 .... SU 11-2 .... ATS 4-9

Overall .... SU 24-3 (88.8 winning %) .... ATS 8-18-1 (29.6 winning %)

So, if you faded the Home favs with -8.0 or higher opening lines, and took the Home favs with pick'em to -7.5 opening lines, you would have gone
60-22-3 ATS over the last 2 NBA seasons thru to the end of March (that's only a 74.12 winning %).

How does this make sense? home teams as "the better side" generally speaking - getting the lines mentioned - being rested more than the normal amount (1 day), but not so rested as to have engendered rust creeping in (3+ days), facing a "worse" (Dog) opponent with no rest at all, is a scenario that makes sense to produce its share of Fav results. The only suprise is to the extent related. But who is going to argue, as long as they continue to hold? As for why the larger Favs, the key is those larger lines, since their SU winning percentage is even greater than the other Fav grouping. A majority of those ATS failures involved lines 10.0+ that were otherwise SU wins. The clear dividing line between the sets of results was -7.5/-8.0.

The record for Home dogs here wasn't good: 8-18 SU & 10-16 ATS.
Hard to fade that since some of those road winners were actually prohibitive Favs. The best I see this set of results offering is simply the message to keep away from such contests altogether (at least from my pov). Certainly there's nothing attractive about these home doggies - it would seem, in reality, the "better" road team having played more recently allows it to jump on the home team.

I'll track this season's Fav results in the 2nd post of this thread.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Favourite results for the 07-08 season

This tracking record only concerns itself with teams who opened from a pick'em to -7.5

Won represents an ATS cover/bet win
Lost represents an ATS failure/bet loss.

* - means lost Straight-Up as well as ATS

(-3.5) Memphis vs Indiana - Lost*

(-5.5) Boston vs Denver - Won

(-5.0) Atlanta vs Charlotte - Won

(-6.0) Washington vs Indiana - Won

(-6.5) Milwaukee vs Memphis - Lost

(-7.5) Charlotte vs Seattle - Won

(-7.5) Toronto vs Memphis - Won

(-6.5) Denver vs LA Lakers - Lost*

(-5.5) Charlotte vs LA Clippers - Lost

(-6.5) Milwaukee vs Charlotte - Lost

(-2.0) Golden State vs San Antonio - Won

(-3.0) San Antonio vs Detroit - Lost*

(-5.0) New Jersey vs Portland - Lost*

(-1.0) Indiana vs Golden State - Won

(-4.0) Indiana vs Sacramento - Lost*

(-4.5) Orlando vs Portland - Won

(-1.0) Milwaukee vs Golden State - Lost*

(-6.0) Atlanta vs New Jersey - Won

(-1.5) Indiana vs Portland - Won

(-6.0) Milwaukee vs New York - Lost*

(-4.0) Orlando vs Cleveland - Lost*

(-4.5) Boston vs Detroit - Won

(-5.5) Denver vs Phoenix - Won

(-1.5) Dallas vs Houston - Lost*

(-7.5) Orlando vs Golden State - Lost*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
For anyone paying attention...

While at this point of the season the Favs have obviously not replicated the SU or ATS rates of the previous 2 seasons (currently 15-10 SU & 12-13 ATS), it should be noted that subtracting just 2 teams marks - MIL & ORL: 3-4 SU & 1-6 ATS combined - leaves the overall mark looking much more like the recent past: 12-6 SU & 11-7 ATS.
Therefore, it's obviously a good idea to ignore those 2 teams when they qualify for this spot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(-7.0) Phoenix vs Houston - Won

Thread finished - no results recorded beyond March 31st

Last edited:
Good information, are you going to be posting the matchups that fall under this trend on the day of their games?

:tiphat:You are the greatest resource I have ever seen. The stats you provide are amazing.

Love the "magic lantern" saying...

Thanks for all you do!!!:tiphat:

Strange part about tomorrow is that all 3 of those lines seem a little high as far as public perception.

Somebody knows something...or somebody has been following your threads.:new_shocked:

Somebody knows something...or somebody has been following your threads

I have to agree. Those lines do strike me as at least a point high for every game.

And FWIW, even thou Washington won their last game, & so avoid the 2 "stipulation eliminators" that cover bad runs of form heading into one of these games, I'd tread very carefully with taking Wash.

And thanks, Hawks:cheers:

Last edited:
I was thinking the same with WAS:nervous:

but you know I will put a little on my boys, that Sunday game vs. WAS they came out extremely flat, now hoping for a little letdown from CHA after waxing MIA. Wonder when Joe is going to break out of this little slump he is in, that is the only thing that has me worried. Also, a healthy Speedy sure would make this a solid roster. Still a little young, but solid...:cheers:

this is a nutzo stat, but why not. :cheers: I'll give ATL a shot for the same reasons Hawks stated.

Letdown after take a dump on MIA at home and thinking they run the east now....Would like the line to drop a little though. Maybe to a +1:36_11_6:

Last edited:
For Favs between a pick'em & -7.5
Won represents an ATS cover/bet win
Lost represents an ATS failure/bet loss.
For Favs -8.0 or higher
Won represents the successful fading of the Fav-Home team/bet win
Lost represents the unsuccessful fading of the Fav-home team/bet loss

* - means lost Straight-Up as well as ATS

(-3.5) Memphis vs Indiana - Lost*

(-5.5) Boston vs Denver - Won

(-9.0) Utah vs Cleveland -
Won

(-5.0) Atlanta vs Charlotte -
Won

(-6.0) Washington vs Indiana - Won

(-6.5) Milwaukee vs Memphis - Lost

(-7.5) Charlotte vs Seattle - Won

(-12.5) Denver vs New York - Lost

DENVER did cover this spread last night BetCrimes.......... 115-83 final

No the Lakers are not a play since they've only had one day off. Two days off is the play.

BOL.

BigWave (couldnt reply before now because I only just got up, lol)

Teams who open higher than -7.5 get their result recorded as if they'd been faded. So if you faded denver ATS, you'd have lost.

BigWave (couldnt reply before now because I only just got up, lol)

Teams who open higher than -7.5 get their result recorded as if they'd been faded. So if you faded denver ATS, you'd have lost.

Ahhhhhh yes..............now I remember ....................thanks!! :cheers:

TOR at 7.5 is really putting this system to the test tonight huh? :)

Seems like that line got inflated a couple.

TOR at 7.5 is really putting this system to the test tonight huh? :)

Seems like that line got inflated a couple.

Thats why I bet it (Memphis winning the night before was the bonus). Detroit was a loser by this system play, as have most of the bigger opening numbers, but Im not interested in fading. Just give me the solid straight angle.

gpcyan:cheers:

Good stuff BC. I got gun shy on everything today as I normally would have hopped on this one. Appreciate it as always.

BC any thoughts of the home favs over 7.5 cashing this year? I see they're 4-1 vs. 8-18 years prior. The only reason I ask is that I really the Grizz tomorrow night but this trend is holding me back.

JP - I'm on the brink of pulling all the over 7.5 results, and lumping them with the unrecorded Home dog results.

As you pointed out, overall now there is a 12-19 ATS mark for Home favs of 8.0 or more, a figure which - given the stat pool size - is a lot less amenable to immediate or automatic fading as it was before this season's results starting accruing.

I don't know what the number is for the Grizz, but in reality I do like the fact of their recent play (which did keep my bet size down on Toronto).
I also like the fact Minny hasn't lost by more than 7 pts for 4 games. Like Washington facing Dallas then San An B2B off a stretch of good form, imo there's "no way" Minny goes 2-0 ATS vs SAS then Mem. I'm preoccupied with outside matters at the present which is why I'm not onsite much, but I'm pretty much thinking of a small chase here. Minny could quit come 2nd half tonight simply to put up a better one vs Mem (and if they dont, instead empty the tank in front of home fans vs the champs, it sets up the Grizz even more)..

Thanks BC. My love for Memphis tomorrow is largely due to the exact scenario you described with Minny. They had the close win over NOH, played another tight game with Dallas and I just don't think they'll thrown in the towel tonight on their home court against the defending champions. A blowout against the Spurs would really lessen my like for Memphis so you're small chase is probably the best route to go. Thanks for your thoughts.

Little confused here BC. Do the Bobcats fit into this tomorrow or does the fact that they're 1-4 SU L5 eliminate them. You wrote:

Home teams in this scenario (2 days rest vs B2B teams) who...

- weren't on a 4 or more game losing streak entering the contest

- werent off a win their previous game, when their record off their prior 5 SU wins to that was 1-4 or 0-5 SU

not sure if that fits as I'm a bit confused with the 1-4 and when the one victory came.

JP -

CHA isnt entering this game off a SU win, so the 2nd eliminator doesnt apply, even thou CHA is 1-4 SU off their last 5 SU wins.

And because CHA did win 2 games ago, the 1st eliminator doesnt apply either (obviously).

I got my wires crossed, so thanks for pointing that out (lot of stress my way lately w/other matters). I've entered them back in.

Last edited:
JP -

CHA isnt entering this game off a SU win, so the 2nd eliminator doesnt apply, even thou CHA is 1-4 SU off their last 5 SU wins.

And because CHA did win 2 games ago, the 1st eliminator doesnt apply either (obviously).

I got my wires crossed, so thanks for pointing that out (lot of stress my way lately w/other matters). I've entered them back in.

Thanks BC. I knew you were really busy so I wasn't worried about why you didn't enter it in. I was just confused by the whole 1-4 SU thing. That play will take some balls with CHA being so bad, but the line tells alot of the story IMO. Thanks again.

OK, so the Raptor mania-Fade Philly is soaring high. Toronto basically opens -8.5, though someone said it opened -7.5, but for like a minute. Line is now at -9. I was hoping for a Philly win over Milky, though we all cashed the +6.

Anyway, I don't like this line, and Philly has been respectable off b2b's - yet Toronto has done well on 2 days rest.

I'm actually thinking of going with Philly tonight. Thoughts?

smo1a - for the sake of consistency, I use the same source for opening lines for all these stats, and that has Tor -8.5, so it doesnt apply to the pick'em/7.5 range here.

Philly hasn't lost 5 straight games SU this season, and are 9-4 ATS their last 13 road games. I have to wonder if they overlooked MIL for division rival TOR. I'm off this game. Philly had to beat MIL for my interest to remain (which, even with the line as it is, would have remained had they done so).

Bet, I noticed you don't have SA/Det on the list. SA on 2 days rest and Det on b2b. Anything I'm missing aside from which streak ends tonight - SA ats slide or Det su slide.

Let me know if I missed anything for a system play.

There's a boring explanation for why I missed that one, smo1a, but I won't waste time relating it - thanks for pointing it out.

what about houston vs. phoenix on saturday... i feel houston will continue to slide, while phoenix will continue to do the opposite. whatcha think betcrimes?

The fact Houston didnt continue to slide today (they beat GS) just made that spot a lot tougher to predict. Phoenix may look good on recent results, but outside the win vs SAS, they've all been shitty opponents, much like the good run Dallas had against shitty opponents, but then they came up against Boston and ....

This game in my mind defines if PHX is for real. By all rights, this is a bad spot for HOU (as the stats in this thread show), PHX should thump them by 10+.

Back