B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Shorter turn around than usual.

Saw line of 4.5 then to 4 with a 45.5

Anyone see an earlier opener?

Should be a great old fashioned game...

Go Jorja!

Lean Georgia. Should be close. I think Georgia will be able to move the ball better than Clemson did tonight.

Bad ass renegade. What's up boss?

I'm thinking 45.5 will go under. This has an under feeling.

Both teams run heavy and Georgia wint turn it over like Clemson did.

This could be a physical old school matchup.

This Alabama team isn't great offensively but they are back to basics.

They can defend like crazy.

Lean highly to Bama here. Saban owns former coaches and true freshman QB's. Spread offense teams and dual threat QB's is how to beat Bama, Georgia has neither. Bama by double digits

No need to overthink this. The time off + last game before the time off being a loss got Bama back to boa constrictor status. It’s not flashy but they just suffocate you slowly.

Kirby could easily be the guy that bucks the trend, but until he actually does it I won’t be backing a Saban assistant against Saban in this big a game.

Lean highly to Bama here. Saban owns former coaches and true freshman QB's. Spread offense teams and dual threat QB's is how to beat Bama, Georgia has neither. Bama by double digits

Correct answer. Bama will just suffocate the line of scrimmage and take its chances to get beat in the air, which isn't likely to happen.

Let's not get it twisted, the Benz will be a home game for UGA. Yes, Bama beat LSU before in New Orleans but the fan base is pretty rabid.

UGA will try to line up and hit the bully. Not sure it can be done. If they do abandon the run, Fromm can still put up points, and it's not like Bama has an explosive offense this year. Should be a classic in my opinion. Unfortunately, I think Bama pulls it out late.

Looks pretty even to me. I think the difference could be Hurts making one or two plays with his feet that the uga qb just cannot.

Anyones game though.

Let's think as if the game is over. A national champ has been crowned.

What was the key?

The key angle for this game?

Was it the Bama defense shutting down Michel and Chub?

Was it Georgia shutting down a basic Alabama offense and Hurts unable to win it throwing?

Was it Hurts making key plays and Fromm not making key plays? Or vice versa?

If we know the answers to these keys we could pick a nice winner and have a nice dinner.

The short turnaround favours Georgia

Bama is best on long prep Time

Injuries effecting Bama. Anfernee hardaway is hurt and online dude hurt also.

Kj you have finally changed the avatar to the beautiful Feline species.

I really like the avatar.

Maybe we can start a white cat avatar movement. Let's see who else we can convert .

Imagine the entire site with white cat avatars.

CAPPING THE CATS.com ?

Kj your cat looks really sharp and mysterious. Maybe your cat is related to my cat? Perhaps a son or daughter cat?

Ever since this white cat showed up to my property offering friendship by sticking out a paw and saying " Meow, meow, purr purr I knew it was a sign to be with the White cat.

The list of animals that reached out to me was nothing short of amazing-

Groups of RACOONS on multiple occasions. They hit my front door to alert me of their presence.

EAGLES circling above me while in nature.

White cat showed up to introduce himself.

Lady bugs in my vehicle and underwear.

Certain ppls dogs showed a liking to me.

AN OWL flew right beside me late at night as I sat outside in deep meditation.

Both Seals and Beavers Appeared when I hit Stanley park to tell me something b

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo
Mods is it possible to change my screen name from Sammy meatballs to

MANEKI NEKO? It means Japan's lucky cat!

Please mods I need to be MANEKI NEKO.

Reactions: Mo
I've been hearing talk about how good the Georgia offense rush attack is and how Alabama offense isn't that good.
Maybe people forgot, Bama are the ones who led the SEC in rushing offense during the regular season (I think UGA passed them after the OU game)
Look at the statistics, Bama produces more yards per game and points per game than UGA, even after the OU game

Was the Tide offense impressive against Clemson? No, but they were able to move the ball and get in short yardage situations. Don't forget, Clemson is one of the best defenses in the country. So it's not like Alabama was facing an average defense, they were facing a elite D. I think Clemson defense is better than Georgia's, so it should actually be easier to move the ball than it was against Clemson.

Clemson is a pretty good offense and were held to 113 yards through 3.5 quarters (Clemson had 75 yards on last drive of game). Bama #1 scoring defense, YPG defense, and most importantly for this game, #1 rush defense. If UGA can line up and run against this Bama D, then more power to em. But I will pay to see it happen

I've been hearing talk about how good the Georgia offense rush attack is and how Alabama offense isn't that good.
Maybe people forgot, Bama are the ones who led the SEC in rushing offense during the regular season (I think UGA passed them after the OU game)
Look at the statistics, Bama produces more yards per game and points per game than UGA, even after the OU game

Was the Tide offense impressive against Clemson? No, but they were able to move the ball and get in short yardage situations. Don't forget, Clemson is one of the best defenses in the country. So it's not like Alabama was facing an average defense, they were facing a elite D. I think Clemson defense is better than Georgia's, so it should actually be easier to move the ball than it was against Clemson.

Clemson is a pretty good offense and were held to 113 yards through 3.5 quarters (Clemson had 75 yards on last drive of game). Bama #1 scoring defense, YPG defense, and most importantly for this game, #1 rush defense. If UGA can line up and run against this Bama D, then more power to em. But I will pay to see it happen

Gridiron Gems is correct . Even Ou had some big runs vs Georgia in that game.

Also Bama recruits are all top notch players. Georgia's are good but not at bamas level.

Bama has more depth and is better at defense coaching and at most positions b

Adjusted line yards O: Bama 6th UGA 12th
Adjusted line yards D: Bama 7th UGA 29th

Bama better in the trenches. Backs are about the same, and Hurts rushing > Eason rushing. Pretty safe bet Bama is going to have more rushing yards and favs under 7 that do that cover 67% of the time. So right away if you like UGA you are in a big hole and relying on UGA passing it very well or winning the TO battle. Tough ask.

Bama better in the trenches. Backs are about the same, and Hurts rushing > Eason rushing. Pretty safe bet Bama is going to have more rushing yards and favs under 7 that do that cover 67% of the time. So right away if you like UGA you are in a big hole and relying on UGA passing it very well or winning the TO battle. Tough ask.
Bama is like the newest version of I phone
A bit faster
A bit bigger
A lot more options

Clemson QB had an awful game.
Bama was better, but the qb play from the Tigers (and play calling) made a big difference.
I hate to bet against Bama. I do think Georgia wants this game. Let's hope it's a good one.

Saw this today: Since Saban has been at Alabama, he is 45-19 ATS in games with a total of 50 or lower

Clemson QB had an awful game.
Bama was better, but the qb play from the Tigers (and play calling) made a big difference.
I hate to bet against Bama. I do think Georgia wants this game. Let's hope it's a good one.

I think Bama D had something to do with this

They had SOMEthing to do with it, but he was unable to make plays that were there.
Doubt they win, but he could have kept them competitive.

I don't think any qb including baker mayfield would have had much success vs Bama that night.

They were on their game that night. They were balling out that night.

They made Clemson look like Southern miss lol

Gridiron Gems is correct . Even Ou had some big runs vs Georgia in that game.

Also Bama recruits are all top notch players. Georgia's are good but not at bamas level.

Bama has more depth and is better at defense coaching and at most positions b

„Even“ OU. two high-quality backs solid protection and the defense has to focus on baker and receivers

Those stats. Aren‘t they helped by Bama‘s SOS? Didn‘t have to face Notre Dame. Auburn only once.

„Even“ OU. two high-quality backs solid protection and the defense has to focus on baker and receivers

Can't argue with that.

That Oklahoma offense was very good. Their receivers were really good and fast.

They had the defense of a Texas tech with an elite offense.

It was 10-6 with Clemson driving and finding some rhythm offensively. who knows what happens if that turnover doesn‘t happen.

Very true.

But it seemed that all throws were so hotly contested that turnovers were the inevitable result.

I mean they couldn't even score a late garbage td.

The slants to Deoin Cain he looked like a pin ball ball getting bounced around the ball flying in the air.

Bama is pretty good when motivated.

They are the best vs any team without THE GUY

DESEAN MANZIEL beat them cause they scramble and also run spread and tire the Bama defense out.

Traditional conventional teams don't do well vs Bama. Because Bama is the best at that game because of better players schemes and coaches

Kj your cat looks really sharp and mysterious. Maybe your cat is related to my cat? Perhaps a son or daughter cat?

Ever since this white cat showed up to my property offering friendship by sticking out a paw and saying " Meow, meow, purr purr I knew it was a sign to be with the White cat.

The list of animals that reached out to me was nothing short of amazing-

Groups of RACOONS on multiple occasions. They hit my front door to alert me of their presence.

EAGLES circling above me while in nature.

White cat showed up to introduce himself.

Lady bugs in my vehicle and underwear.

Certain ppls dogs showed a liking to me.

AN OWL flew right beside me late at night as I sat outside in deep meditation.

Both Seals and Beavers Appeared when I hit Stanley park to tell me something b
White Cat Avys and then a Blizzard hits the US........ interesting.

Reactions: KJ
Cotton, Jennings and Hamilton out. I guess Hamilton doubtful. 1 OL and 2 LB

What are peoples opinions about that?

All 3 are definitely out. Jennings is the biggest loss given his ability to set the edge in the run game, as well as get after the QB. Don't have anyone who can do both quite like he can, will have to rotate guys in. Luckily UGA isn't an up tempo offense, though they may try to exploit that by going tempo when the matchup is favorable

Is GA going to rush for 1.4 like they did against auburn in the first game, or 5.8 like in the second? Prolly somewhere in the middle but I think Fromm is going to have a really good game for them to win. While ALs offense certainly doesn't rival OKs, that game along with auburn first effort makes me think AL will get theirs. Small play on -3 juiced and over TT. I'll figure out the rest live I guess.

If you're into the X's and O's stuff, this guy on twitter has had some great threads. He's an Alabama guy, so they are mostly geared toward what Alabama has to do, but still a fascinating read IMO

https://twitter.com/Ben_Litvin

Back