My World Cup Thread

braves

Pretty much a regular
PROPS:
NO HAT TRICKS +250 (.50 UNIT)-LOSS
GREECE TO ADVANCE +205 (.5 UNIT)-WIN
SPAIN TO ADVANCE +100 ( 1 UNIT) PLACED 6/13- LOSS

Parlay: Uruguay ML -210 ( vs Costa Rica)+ France ML-290( vs Honduras) -102 ( to win 1 unit)-LOSS
Bosnia/Argentina u2.5 -105 ( to win 1 unit)-LOSS
Russia pk, -1/2 -110 ( vs Korea) to win 1 unit- 1/2 LOSS
ENGLAND PK, -1/2 -126 ( vs Uruguay) to win 1 unit- LOSS
Greece +1/2 -133 ( vs Japan) to win 1 unit--WIN
COSTA RICA U 1/2 GOALS +110 (vs Italy) (1 UNIT)-LOSS
England ML -114 (vs C. Rica) to win 1 unit- LOSS
Uruguay PK -103 (vs Italy) to win 1 unit- WIN
Greece Pk, +1/2 -124 (vs CR) to win 1 unit

- 4.50 UNITS (updated thru 6/24)

Last edited:
I have to weather the Argentina vs Iran ( that could get ugly) probably all of Brazil's games(in the group stages), and the Uruguay vs C. Rica game, but overall I think it presents value. I don't think C.R. faces weak enough competition to get it in the group stage of games. Some other potential road blocks would be France vs Honduras and Spain/Chile/Netherlands vs Australia.

There was one hat trick in 10, 0 in 2006, 2 in 2002, 1 in 98, 2 in 94, 2 in 1990

NO HAT TRICKS + 250 ( 1/2 UNIT)

I have to weather the Argentina vs Iran ( that could get ugly) probably all of Brazil's games(in the group stages), and the Uruguay vs C. Rica game, but overall I think it presents value. I don't think C.R. faces weak enough competition to get it in the group stage of games. Some other potential road blocks would be France vs Honduras and Spain/Chile/Netherlands vs Australia.

There was one hat trick in 10, 0 in 2006, 2 in 2002, 1 in 98, 2 in 94, 2 in 1990

NO HAT TRICKS + 250 ( 1/2 UNIT)

Possibly the 3rd place game too...

gl braves

yep you are right, especially if there is a player on one of teams that is in the running for golden boot

though, none have previously come in that game

Gl Braves. I'd be interested to hear what you think about the Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan muddle

Can't say I have a great read on these teams. I made the Greece bet as I felt it presented the most value as this group seems to have a lot of parity

I think Falco is a big time loss for Columbia

Greece ( per ckr) is back to playing really negative with sitting everyone behind the ball. They should be in every game.

Ivory Coast I don't think I have a real good read on. all I know is Drogba is past him prime ( by a couple of years)

Japan- saw them in the confed cup last year, and last week against c rica. They have some good individual players, and they have a good chance to advance as well. Weakness is probably defense , but not sure who challenges them offensively that much on this group

Can't say I have a great read on these teams. I made the Greece bet as I felt it presented the most value as this group seems to have a lot of parity

I think Falco is a big time loss for Columbia

Greece ( per ckr) is back to playing really negative with sitting everyone behind the ball. They should be in every game.

Ivory Coast I don't think I have a real good read on. all I know is Drogba is past him prime ( by a couple of years)

Japan- saw them in the confed cup last year, and last week against c rica. They have some good individual players, and they have a good chance to advance as well. Weakness is probably defense , but not sure who challenges them offensively that much on this group

Yeah, definitely value with the Greeks if you rate them all the same. I don't really know what to do with this group.

I kind of lean toward Ivory Coast coming out just because of Yaya Toure. He is such a creator.

I still think Columbia wins group, but hard to see them going anywhere with no experience and their best player out.

gl bro..question from a wc bettor that forgets rules every 4 years...are there shootouts in every game or do they end in draws? when do the shootouts begin?

My understanding is shootouts begin after pool play is over?

thanks in advance and gl

Like Dwight said

Also, remember that bets even in the knockout rounds are for 90minutes + stoppage time only unless they say otherwise. Gl this tourney hunt

Last edited:
ok thank you..appreciate it fellas...so if you bet game to end in draw it includes stoppage time during group play? in quarterfinals does ml include shootouts or is ml a loser if you didnt win during before shootouts..i guess i need a bettors guide or i really shouldn't be betting this lmfao.

Yes on first question ( stoppage time is usually only a couple of minutes)

Ml would not include overtime or shootouts unless it says otherwise in the knockout rounds. If you want to bet a team in the knock round to win and you want it to include overtime + shootouts usually there will be an option that says " team to advance" ( at least that is how it is at 5 dimes)

I will use this for example,

[TABLE="class: lines"]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]International World Cup 2014[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Thu 6/12[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]1 Croatia (World Cup)[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]+1163 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowMid"]
[TD]4:00PM [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]2 Brazil (World Cup)[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]-311 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]3 Draw[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]+446 [/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

so the ml is a winner if brazil wins 1-0 but they get the goal after 90 minutes and stoppages? If 1-1 including stoppages it is a draw right?

so in the quarters it is a loss if you bet team A to beat Team B going into a shootout unless stated otherwise?

Well you're going to be able to bet on the 3x1 which is Team A, Team B and Draw. If it goes to a shootout then "draw" wins. However you're also going to be able to bet on Team A or Team B to advance which includes the shootout.

Usually to win a shootout bet you would need to bet a prop bet for that team to advance

And shootout only happens after 120 minutes, same bet goes for a team if they win in extra time

You'll be able to bet those extra time games live if you've got a good feel for who's fit to win after the 90+ is over

alrite..thanks for the help braves, kj, dwight..appreciate you guys helping out a dumbass.

5 dimes is really good for soccer

T-mike is one of the better guys around for live betting in this sport . Hopefully he is around in the in-games . I'm pretty sure you are going be able to live bet every game in this tourney on 5 dimes

You'll be able to bet those extra time games live if you've got a good feel for who's fit to win after the 90+ is over

Would have been priceless to have during the Champions League Final, it was a lock the Athletico were dead on the grass...anybody know/remember what Real Madrid's price was live betting going into extra time ??

GL Braves will probably tail on that parlay but why the under on Argentina/Bosnia ? I was leaning other way I don't believe Bosnia bunkers down and they got a great pairing up top in Dzeko/Ibisevic

5 dimes is really good for soccer

T-mike is one of the better guys around for live betting in this sport . Hopefully he is around in the in-games . I'm pretty sure you are going be able to live bet every game in this tourney on 5 dimes

:shake:

Thanks AZ kid, here is my thinking for the bets

I think they do bunker down in this game. They have to like their chances to advance out of this group, but I don't see them trying to play aggressive against Argentina. Hope for a point, but at the very least don't get killed on goal differential. I feel like I would need all three of the goals to come from Argentina to lose this( which Argentina is capable of doing). Bosnia will have very little possession , and will look to spring something on the counter is my thinking here. I watched the Bosnia v Mexico game, and Bosnia were very intent on sitting back and absorbing pressure after they scored. Seems like a 1-0 , 2-0 type game to me. Im fairly high on Bosnia , but I see a conservative game plan for this game.

Parlays seem to be a risky in the WC, but I just have a real hard time envisioning France not winning here. I expect Honduras to sit back , but I can't see how they will be able to maintain that type of discipline for the entire game. I considered taking France on the handicap here.

Uruguay seems a little more risky, just because I do think Costa Rica will be able to be more disciplined in defending and they have a little more talent than Honduras.

I considered Brazil and Argentina ML , but Croatia and Bosnia are far and away better opponents than Costa Rica and Honduras. The parlay was as much a fade on these two Concacaf teams as it as plays on Uruguay and France.

Not sure I like a whole lot else on the side/total in the first matches. Do kinda like Mexico, but want a decent price on PK line.

I lreally like making corner bets, so Im sure I will have a bunch of those haha. Waiting for some more props to come out.

Think this might be incorrect for the World Cup. They'll have the 90 minute lines and then under that the "xxx to win" bet

no he's right

when they get to the KO stages there will be a prop "to advance" and that will include a win in regular time, extra time, or shootout

i am considering adding the Red Commies as well; that performance by the Koreans on defense the other night against Ghana was Ghastly. Would love to hear if that's your reasoning or if there's something to it that I'm missing. GL Bravos...

Yeah it's a play against South Korea more than anything. I just don't see the Koreans scoring and as you said they look to be a mess in the back. I can't see the Russians losing here, so worst case scenario I lose half the bet

Yeah I think so to g, though someone in the in game was pointing out he think it will stand as a og because it hit off the keeper opposite the side where the ball hit postt. Bet has been living on the edge everyday, lol

greece bet probably done, goal differential to much

obviously awful bet on Uruguay, should have just played French on handicap. Terrible read on the under bet. So far so bad lol

I feel similarly so far, only 0-1 in actual wagers but the three pools I'm in have taken some awful outcomes that are gonna make it really hard for me to be competitive

Think I like both, definitely ENG wager

Kinda like Greece but over would be my preferred play in that one. Should be a fun game to watch if it plays out how I expect.

Back