My week 1

halfpoint

Pretty much a regular
Hi guys. I'm new here. Since I don't have a lot of money to play I will be doing a teaser for week 1.

1) Utah +9.5 A very strong Utah team playing a Michigan team that lost most of their skill players and trying to implement a new offense. Predicted Score: Utah 23 Michigan 20

2) Idaho +33 Both offenses should be good. Both defenses week. Idaho played much better than their record would indicate last year. Score: Arizona 54 Idaho 30

3) Fresno +11 Two good teams. Lots of high expectations for Fresno. Their offense should do enough in this one. Score Fresno 23 Rutgers 21

4) UL Monroe +33 Decent talent returning from a team that played Clemson and Tulsa tough, beat Bama and it's only blowout loss was at A+M. Auburn tweaking the offense. Auburn's D will be exceptional as always. Score Auburn 37 ULM 17

5) East Carolina +16 2007 score was VT 17-7. E. Carolina should be better (although loss of RB is huge but overall I think they'll be better as a whole). VTech lots of new faces. Score E Carolina 24 VTech 23

6) La Tech +14.5 I don't trust Miss St laying over 2 TD's on the road. La Tech the past few years plays VERY tough at home. This game is being hyped as a win for La Tech. Score Miss St 23 La Tech 16

7) Fla Atlantic +29 Should be the best team ever at FAU. 3 blowout losses last year at Ok St, Kentucky and Florida. Texas loses some good skill players on offense. I think enough to get FAU the cover. Score: Texas 44 FAU 23

8) West Kentucky +27. I think they are much better than perceived. Indiana all sorts of funny stuff in the offseason. Most of the team should be ready to go on opening day but I don't think it's enough to blow out WKU. Score: Indiana 34 West Kentucky 23

9) Tennessee -1. No Olson. No chance. Tennessee 27 UCLA 13

Obviously teasers are risky and hard to win but on short money I'm just rolling the dice with teams I think that are better than perceived or favorites who are worse than thought...Or a combo of both. lol

Welcome aboard 1/2pt !

i like your teaser , unfortunately it takes just one game to ruin the damn thing.

good luck this year !

Vegas. Thanks

Boy do I ever know about only taking one team to ruin a big teaser.

Did a 15 teamer a few years ago and was 14-0 heading into the last one. It was Minny vs NW and I had NW +20 if I remember right. NW down 16 I think with about 2 minutes left. Minny ball on 4th down at about the 30 yd line of NW.

Minny runs and NW stops them I more than likely win. Minny kicks a FG I still more than likely win. But NEVER expected a running back pass for a TD. NW got the ball back and basically "showed up" Minny by running straight ahead and not trying to score and let time run out.

It was about $30,000 I would've won.

And I fully expect some weird stuff to happen in week 1 for me too. lol

And top it off with an $8 parlay for kicks

1) Utah +3.5
2) West Mich +14
3) E. Carolina +11
4) UL Monroe +28
5) Mich St +8.5
6) Utah St +12
7) No Illinois +10
8) West Kentucky +21
9) Fla Intl +38.5
10) Fla Atlantic +23

:hang:

No, I've seen quite a few on FAU around. I sort of lean toward them, but I'd like them a lot more at +24, or +24.5 than at +23.

I check here and another site and I don't think I've seen anybody but you and I are on FAU

This just strikes me as a close game...lots of upperclassmen retrurning to a very good FAU squad.

I'm not too thrilled with Bo's comments about Texas toughness but if he has the horses it won't matter...I just think they may have the 'an_horse'

Every little bit helps us FAU backers

Mack Brown revealed a bit of injury news Monday: Safety Ishie Oduegwu, expected to compete for the starting job, will miss the opener after undergoing shoulder surgery Monday. The junior is out indefinitely, Brown said.

Thought the teaser adding points to FAU was interesting. I did a teaser too, but knocked Texas down to -16. Yours makes more sense with your score prediction. Wish I had given it more consideration. I had predicted a 3 TD game. I'm safe by 5 with mine as opposed to 9 with yours.

I just think the continuity of all the returning players will give FAU enough confidence on offense to hang tough for most of the game. IF Smith gets time (and I'm guessing he'll have a little bit of time) he can move the chains. He threw for 290 vs Florida last year. He's got some nice weapons as targets. As long as the OL holds up I think FAU will be fine

1) Utah +3.5
2) West Mich +14
3) E. Carolina +11
4) UL Monroe +28
5) Mich St +8.5
6) Utah St +12
7) No Illinois +10
8) West Kentucky +21
9) Fla Intl +38.5
10) Fla Atlantic +23

:hang:
Half I like the FAU pick, its at 24 now just waiting to see how i do in games Thurs/Frid, Also like ECU ML/+10 . I Think best value on the board in week 1 is No ILL ML/+9 . Also I like the West K pick as well . Bol on your card.:cheers:

But this FAU vs Texas game is worrying a bit. From reading the box scores from last year it looks when the game was out of hand FAU used backups. This will hurt their backdoor chances if Texas gets up 24+ late in the 2nd half.

Hopefully, they'll be in the game like when they played South Florida even when they were ranked #6 in the polls. IF FAU can move the ball then they should be able to produce and hang...even if Texas puts up 42+

Back