My Top Bowl play

• Thread starter Thread starter wadegarrett
  • Start date Start date
W

wadegarrett

Got a lot of shit going on in the next few weeks, so I can not get crazy in the bowl season and I tried to pinpoint one game to hit up hard n hopefully get rewarded.
I like to look at bowls as which team really wants it, coaching staff included to use and a springboard for next season.
The game that has stuck out is UCLA/Baylor
I am all over UCLA (pk) over Baylor

Mora is trying take that program to the next level and they had a very solid season in Mora's first. A win here gets the ball rolling for 2013. I think Hundley and Franklin will be too much for Baylor over an entire game.
I will add more later

but give me your thoughts please for UCLA or against.

love to hear some other opinions.

Would have been my #1 play as well had Briles gotten a higher profile job

Now i'll probably play UCLA but don't love it as much as I almost did

And I filled out one local rank em bowl pool. Rated UCLA highest
Yeah I am all in with the bruins.

Baylor is always in the game. They got better defensively and as a team as season went on. Probably gonna be a great trade game.

i like ucla too wade. sneaky game that no one seems to talk about, but clear difference in talent and coaching

ucla should actually be excited to play given their recent history and as you mentioned, mora will coach them up. matchup comes down to ucla defense vs baylor defense, and i know which i trust more

Baylor is always in the game. They got better defensively and as a team as season went on. Probably gonna be a great trade game.

Maybe
I think of franklin can run thru Stanford tackles he should work over baylor

sure. two shitty pass defenses. no doubt.

i expect ucla to really care about this game, and baylor not so much. they were on top of the world last year and i expect a let down and a possible no show emotionally this go round

i expect ucla to really care about this game, and baylor not so much. they were on top of the world last year and i expect a let down and a possible no show emotionally this go round

Guys, I certainly am not as conversant and do not have the knowledge you do re college ball and UCLA may well be the pick of the year. So, with that said I do think I am corect about this: with Baylor they are a classy bunch and will try hard almost 100% of time and their crowd and team are not 'let down.' And, Art Briles is possibly the most underrated coach in country who will have his team ready.

Now, FWIW and you can file directly into internet waste bin

I would not take that view. Was hoping to back both of these teams actually

cub, i could be wrong. just think ucla is on a huge "give a shit" and think the bears are coming off it

of course the long layoff can kill all of that, but just what i've taken. i'll even take it a step further...

the baylor fanbase was in love with last year's team...went all out to represent at the alamo bowl, the school treated it like a national championship game...they had heisman, they had momentum, they had something baylor football never had before...national attention

this year is a let down...don't get me wrong, the holiday bowl is an upgrade from the alamo, but i don't see the enthusiasm from the fan base, and that generally translates to the field. ucla isn't the right matchup for baylor...both defenses can be scored upon, but this is one where you have to take the "happy to be there" into account. ucla knew they were losing to stanford, and the holiday bowl is a prize. usc is stumbling, and the bruins smell blood with a coach that loves blood. baylor had their title game by knocking ksu outta the hunt...i firmly believe in one team over the other. that's all.

I get it, I'm just not sure it will work here. Baylor certainly peaking at the end of the season. I agree with you that I like what Mora and the Bruins are doing and think they will certainly be up for this game. Baylor D away from home may not play near as well as they did vs Okie Lite and KSt as well. GL.

i don't see why they are hyped for this game. they were on a great run, beat their rival, got drug at home by stanford and then lost a heartbreaker for the title. i understand mora is doing things and they are on the way up, but i don't see the reason for motivation otherwise

Baylor not really a type of team to not back because of lack of motivation. They are an uptempo team who "just plays" if that makes any sense. Interesting game.

Disagree here.....since the KSU game Baylor has impressed me. D looks better, O is nearly unstoppable and not only passing they have been running.

The other game I eyeballed was Duke +7 over Cincy.
but I promised myself one big play and that's it besides my rank em pool.

ACC teams Duke, Fla St and VA Tech have been horrible away from home this season. While Fla St may "out class" it's opponent, I would not touch Duke or Va Tech with a ten foot pole.

I agree with u on UCLA Wade
The Bruin players are pissed he didn't win the Pac 12 coach of the year award. I think they will play hard against Baylor before a home crowd in Southern Cal.They will be at full strength with their injuries heeled. UCLA QB Hundley should do well against a porous Baylor defense.

GL

GL Wade. I haven't taken a position on this yet. I know I have done well betting on UCLA games this year, both with em and fading them

Back