My take on the LSU -Appalachian State Game

hoopsstar22

Captain of Vanzack's yacht
I wanted to create a thread devoted to this game, as everyone will be watching, and lines have gone wild.

5 Dimes opened the line at 21 where it went as high as 27
Bookmaker opened it at 14 ad it has gone to 21

Everyone knows that Appalachian State beat Michigan last year. But including that game, I believe they only went 5-8 ATS (if my recollection is correct), including straight up losses as a 20 point favorite and 10 point fave.

Interesting facts about the Michigan game you may not know:

Michigan held a 23-19 first down edge
Mike Hart rushed the ball 23 times for 190 yards in 2 quarters
App State scored TD's on drives of 3 plays for 75 yds and 5 plays for 35 yds
App State scored 6 points in the 2H
App St gained 138 yards in the 2H on 9 possessions
The yardage on those drives were...

App State losses:

They lose 3 All American offensive linemen, their all-time leading rusher Kevin Richardson, and a 2nd round draft choice in WR Dexter Jackson. They also lost their leading WR.

On Defense Steele list them returning 7. However they lost starting DT and 4th returning tackler Tharington to academics. So that knocks them down to 6. They lost all 4 defensive backs, including the FCS runner up for defensive player of the year. 3 of the 4 were 4 year starters!

They also lost thier 4 year starting kicker, who was obviously their all time leading kicker. A buddy of mine is actually best friends with him, and the last time they played LSU, they said the entire team was completely intimidated by their size and speed. But take that FWIW. I'm unsure at the moment who won the job, but the competition was between a freshman and soph, who've never kicked in a college game of any level before. Not significant, but also an important factor.

I'll post the size differences in the trenches in a second.....

App State Offensive Line ........................- LSU Defensive Line

LT 6-4 285 Sr ........................................RE - 6-5 292 Sr
LG 6-2 265 So....................................... RT - 6-3 281 Jr
C 6-0 260 So ........................................LT - 6-3 295 SR
RG 6-3 285 So....................................... LE - 6-4 260 SR
RT 6-5 275 Sr

App St D .......................................................LSU O
LE - 6-2 250 Jr .....................................RT - 6-6 315 So
LT - 6-2 279 Jr .....................................RG - 6-2 284 JR
RT - 6-2 258 Jr ......................................C - 6-4 300 SR
RE - 6-4 220 Jr.................................... LG - 6-7 335 SR
..........................................................LT - 6-5 315 JR

Edwards has taken some serious shots.

I hope LSU can put up another TD in these closing minutes, and give a 14 point cushion.

LSU is getting complacent and this is what worries me about laying double digits... hopefully a backdoor cover doesnt fuck us

They could give two shits less at this point. I just hope they can pick up some first downs, keep the clock running, and get outta there.

They have utterly dominated App State on both sides of the ball.

41-10 LSU

Nice start to the season.

How many people were actually able to get down on that mess Bookmaker put out?

Matador certainly gets a round of applause for making us aware of that. Garfather as well, as I believe he was the original hot tipper.

I would have never checked bookmaker because I had no money in there, and didn't think they would put out a line.

I also applaud bookmaker for letting me easily deposit a dime at 10pm, giving me a 25% bonus, and putting out such a weak line.

Back