My take on NBA Monday

handy

Pretty much a regular
Here is my take on Monday's NBA action -

New York at Indiana - What's there to like about this game? How could you feel strong betting either team? Does either team care much about this game? Do you care about this game?

Atlanta at Washington - Another tough bet to figure but I would think advantage Washington but -7 is another story. I will gladly pass.

Cleveland at Orlando - Orlando laying pts. is often nothing short of fools gold. However, Cavs are in a bad scheduling spot playing 4 games in 5 days. If forced to pick I would take the pts. and my chances.

Clippers at T-Wolves - Simply another game I have zero interest in.

Bobcats at Grizzlies - This is the degenarate game of the day. After the game call gamblers anonymous and sign up for the class.

Bulls at Hornets - I would think the Hornets win but they're probably going to be a large favorite.

Toronto at Utah - Jazz will win but you can guess the margin.

Boston at SA - I have a feeling Boston struggles this week in the South. Games at Dallas, SA, Houston and New Orleans could net a 1-3 week. All three Texas teams owe the Celtics a beating. I would expect SA to lay a very short number at home tonight and if so I'm going to strongly consider them in this game. I'm thinking SA -3 if Ray Allen plays and -4 if not. Allen isn't worth much in the line.

I don't know about you but I haven't liked an NBA card in quite some time.

I'm also not interested in March Madness. I think College Basketball along with College Football are hard to watch. The quality of play and coaching is such a drop off from the professionals. I'm a pro capper not an amateur guy. Think about that line for a minute!!

Good luck!!

Handy!

Knicks evualting there players from here on it. Chandler got 33 minutes and expect more Morris , Balkman , Collins minutes in the near future. The younger you getthe lower the defensive ability and that with a game vs Indy makes me look over..would prefer the dogs Atlanta and Cleveland. Not sure about much else Char road chalk ? LAC +6 fading Minny from the road games?

nice write-up as always handy :cheers:

i agree w/ you that the spurs may be a good bet today w/ or w/o allen, however i really dont like betting a team at home after a long road trip (this is the only thing that holds off a bet on the spurs for me), laying off should be easy

also, i dont know if there's a big difference nor if it matters to you but the cavs are playing their 4th in 6 not 4th in 5 (it's obvious that 4 in 5 is much tougher but 4th in 6 is also a bad spot)

great read as always, thanks

GL on your plays if you decide to play anything :cheers:

Hornets only -4 at home against the Bulls?

Anybody know if Chris Paul is playing tonite? Heard he had a bad ankle but not sure how serious it is.

yea, that new orleans lines look really off!! CP3, I have not heard anything so far, but I would have thought that the line would be around -8/-9 on the hornets. But -4??? Bulls ML for me then, if the line stays like this.

Hornets G Chris Paul (21 ppg; ankle) will start tonight but the injury as reportedly rodded some of his quickness.

Hornets F David West (20 ppg; ankle) is officially OUT of tonight's game.

/from pregame.com

Possibilities for this evening :

Over 215.5 Indy vs NYK { even +7 is tempting}

Hawks +5.5

Cavs +6.5

Wolves -6.5 { over 197}

Memphis +2or ML

Bulls +4.5 & Over 203

Spurs -4

Under 214 Utah {Raps +13.5}

Basically what I am looking at and the others are minor leans or leans of leans !:shake:

why Raps Sportsnut?

No real specific reason just a few minor ones. First Utah is coming back from the East Coast so I tend to like play against teams returning home especially from the other coast. Second is Tor last game of a road trip after going 0-4 SU to start. Some will say they just want to get home but I think the last game is always a coin flip and you can probably backtrack that its about 50% either way. Anyway I think Raps want to finish the trip strong so expect them to bring a good effort. Which to me means alot when tour talking DD points. The only played poor;y @ Denve which was 3rd in 4 days. They hung tough @ LAL , and were leading with 6 to play @ GSW and down a possesion late yesterday. As tough as Utah is to play at the Raps have not shown a particularly tough time there. Tor is deep and Kapono layed well which for a streaky player could carry over . not sure whats up with Bargnani playing less then 20 last 2 . Bosh was a non factor in the 1st meeting....

With both playing 5th in 7 and thinking under I tend to like the dog...:shake:...Raps need good shooting to offset the Utah frontline

No real specific reason just a few minor ones. First Utah is coming back from the East Coast so I tend to like play against teams returning home especially from the other coast. Second is Tor last game of a road trip after going 0-4 SU to start. Some will say they just want to get home but I think the last game is always a coin flip and you can probably backtrack that its about 50% either way. Anyway I think Raps want to finish the trip strong so expect them to bring a good effort. Which to me means alot when tour talking DD points. The only played poor;y @ Denve which was 3rd in 4 days. They hung tough @ LAL , and were leading with 6 to play @ GSW and down a possesion late yesterday. As tough as Utah is to play at the Raps have not shown a particularly tough time there. Tor is deep and Kapono layed well which for a streaky player could carry over . not sure whats up with Bargnani playing less then 20 last 2 . Bosh was a non factor in the 1st meeting....

With both playing 5th in 7 and thinking under I tend to like the dog...:shake:...Raps need good shooting to offset the Utah frontline

altho I also like to play against team back from long roadies, I make exceptions when the team is back from a relatively dissapointing road trip- which 2-2 with losses to the bad) is. also, despite both in 5/7, toronto is on the b2b. imo the 5/7 or rest in general is more relevant when emotions are with it. hard to explain, but say you're tired. if its a close game, your adrenaline will kick in and your legs won't be ass shot as if you were down 10, it'd be easier to say fuck it, I'm tired

I agree SF but 2-2 is not disappointing in my book (not sure 1-3 would eve qualify) especially since its Utah. Utah's rest was flying back from NJ so its not true rest while Tor spread there minutes out and makes a short trip.. also I agree with what your saying but who's to day Tor will be down 10? They might not have the extra push left down in them trailing by 10 but we dont know thats even going to factor in....

All that said just a simple lean...but I dont see value in laying 14 with Utah...BOL

after careful consideration I've decided to lay the ML on the San Antonio Spurs tonight at -165. I'm not going to mess around with the pts. I just believe this is a game the Spurs need a lot more than the Celtics. Boston could be in for a rough week.

Good luck

after careful consideration I've decided to lay the ML on the San Antonio Spurs tonight at -165. I'm not going to mess around with the pts. I just believe this is a game the Spurs need a lot more than the Celtics. Boston could be in for a rough week.

Good luck

Agreed , went -4 for 2units. GL:cheers:

ML at -165 was a SMART play and I was close to playing it earlier when I had 3.5 up. I should have jumped on both. Now, I am stuck laying -120 on 4 points. This game screams to me of a 3 point win for Spurs and a rake by the house on both sides.

That being said... I have to take a small number for a team I'm very confident will win the game SU. -200 is just too much to lay to Boston though.

Possibilities for this evening :

Over 215.5 Indy vs NYK { even +7 is tempting}

Hawks +5.5

Cavs +6.5

Wolves -6.5 { over 197}

Memphis +2or ML

Bulls +4.5 & Over 203

Spurs -4

Under 214 Utah {Raps +13.5}

Basically what I am looking at and the others are minor leans or leans of leans !:shake:

My card was this-

Over 108.5 1st H Indy
Hawks +6 -120
Cavs +7 -120 {.75u}
Wolves -7
Spurs -4 {2u}
Memphis +3.5 -120
Under 213.5 Utah {0.75u}-might add to and might add tor...

gotta play hoops soon :shake::cheers:myself...gl

SN, any thoughts about trying to middle CLE by taking ORL -6.5 @ the half?...

Nah , I had debated about taking Cle ML. I like how Cle fought back. Plus for me its a small play I rather let it ride but I understand why you may want to...you get a nice middle but not for me:shake:

At first I was kinda pissed that Gerald Wallace is playing but I tend to suscribe to the theory of fading favs with returning stars and I have used it recently with Wash and Butler and it even worked out with Big Z and Cle yesterday...:shake:

Not really suprised SA lost and not even mad. More pissed that crazy shit happens whenI am not near a computer. Wouldhave beenon Boston 2nd H seeing how the Celts won the 2nd Q so handily after being down 22. That's life I guess been around long enough to see the writing on the wall . How bout the Bulls in the 4th quarter ??

Sukcs to go 5-2-1and have your big play up17 after 1 and lose..huge difference if they win I am +6 units...thats life...howbout them Grizz though....

Back