My take on Championship Weekend

3rd & Long

Tom Brady is a douchebag
First off, this has been some horrible football these last two weekends.

I'll be backing the two teams that went out and actually won their playoff games, the Cardinals and the Steelers.

I'm going to review last week to explain this weeks plays -

AFC
Tennessee - dominated and shreeded a "great" Ravens defense. Lets face facts, Tennessee didn't make the plays, the Ravens forced a few key turnovers, and took Johnson off the field. Had Johnson remained in that game and kept the offense balanced Tennessee was on their way to a blowout win. It didn't happen, they didn't make the plays, the Ravens are lucky to still be playing. Outside of one deep completion to Mason the offense did not show up. Collins was untouched in the first half.

Pittsburgh - rested and confident, Parker looked healthy for the first time in a long time, this team dominated from start to finish. Big Ban played very well, and was not intimidated by the rush (huge factor) They stuffed the run game, and even though Rivers was able to complete 2 long plays (opening drive TD, and the long screen to Sproles) they were totally shut down by the best defense in football.

Adding to what my eyes saw, the Ravens did not leave Tennessee healthy. They are coming into Pittsburgh this weekend beat up and overmatched, this is going to be a blowout for the Steelers, don't even think about taking those points.

NFC
Cardinals are playing very well on both sides of the ball. Granted, the Eagles will bring a much better defense than either Atlanta or Carolina did, but this team will get their points anyway. The Carolina game was never a game. The Arizona defense has forced turnovers all season long. The running game with Edge & Hightower is being used very effectively to keep pressure off Warner, and Boldin will be back in the lineup Sunday. Larry Fitzgerald is the best receiver in the game right now, he was the main option and they couldn't stop him, I'd like to see Assante jump his routes come Sunday, I could use a good laugh.

The Eagles - once again they come away with a win, but let's face the facts, the last two weeks they have won against what turned out to be one dimensional offenses. Minnesota got nothing from the QB, and neither did the Giants. Eli was untouched and had receivers running free, HE couldn't get the ball there. This Birds offense has done nothing for the past several weeks, if you take away Westbrook you effectively shut them down. Giants and Vikings did far more to lose those games than the Eagles did to win them.

Forget about the Thanksgiving blowout at the Linc, that was a perfect spot for the Eagles (I had them) This is the 3rd straight on the road in the playoffs for the Birds, and these two couldn't be more different teams than they were in the last matchup. This is a monumental game for the Cards franchise.

great write-ups 3rd and i agree 100%. btw, it was strange to see tavaris jackson switch teams and suit up for the giants yesterday. gl

Mrs. Manning must have been banging the mailman or something, because that noodle arm bastard can't possibly be Archie's kid or Peyton's brother.

Great points 3rd!

As for yesterday's game, I blame a lot of that loss on the giants coaching, especially on the offensive side of the ball. They made no adjustments at all during that game and scoreboard showed it.

Manning was also ridiculous with that lame qb sneak attempt on 4th and inches, how the hell does he not dive for that first down, show some heart.

Great points 3rd!

As for yesterday's game, I blame a lot of that loss on the giants coaching, especially on the offensive side of the ball. They made no adjustments at all during that game and scoreboard showed it.

Manning was also ridiculous with that lame qb sneak attempt on 4th and inches, how the hell does he not dive for that first down, show some heart.

For sure a Coughlin gem. :hang:

My reply to an Eagles fan --

I don't hate them, but I think the offense is a joke. Same shit every year, get a puny but highly skilled RB to carry 70% of the load on offense, don't bring in a quality WR, same shitty play calling, count on your defense to win the games, head case, controversial ass clown at QB. I'm tired of hearing it. Half of the fuckers in here chanting E-A-G-L-E-S were the same guys less than two months ago calling for Kolb and wanting Fat Andy fired.
I've seen this show before, here comes the championship choke job to a team there is no way they can lose to (remember Tampa Bay not being able to win in the cold at the Linc, St Louis with none other than Kurt Warner, Carolina ?) And those Eagle teams were WAY better than the one taking the field Sunday, that's a fact. The only time they managed to get in they had a stud at WR, they don't have that guy now.
I think the way they got into the playoffs was a fraud, I think their last two wins were marginal at best, and I think they go down to the Cardinals in the desert this weekend. It's nothing personal, I'm just not willing to back a team that snuck in the back door. San Diego took the same road, and then got smacked in the mouth. Take all the shots you want at Arizona, but they were already in the postseason when they had their late season swoon, the Birds shit all over themselves when they needed to win at Washington to stay in the race. For Christs sake, they needed Oakland to upset Tampa Bay or we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Can they win Sunday? Sure. But if they don't come to play on both sides of the ball this weekend, they are going home, again. Sad part is, all the Eagles fans will be left with again are a bunch of what ifs and the same guys at the helm next season. Odds that they kick Dawkins to the curb in the offseason? Off the board, you know they will. I got tired of swallowing the same shit menu they were feeding me, I've moved on.

I can already hear Cataldi whining like a little bitch on Monday morning. Makes me ashamed to be Italian.
Peace_5.gif

GOOD STUFF 3rd, you are absolutely right. Im from philly too and 6 weeks ago, all I heard was how they need to get rid of Reid and McNabb is done, and you are totally right the Eagles needed EVERYTHING to go their way to get into the playoffs and when they controlled their own destiny they failed. HONESTLY, I think vegas put this line up because they know the public likes to bet FAVS and they are hopin that JOE PUBLIC backs the eagles. I mean jesus christ when they needed to win a game to get into the playoffs they put up 3pts against the redskins. The EAGLES are a fraud.

GOOD STUFF 3rd, you are absolutely right. Im from philly too and 6 weeks ago, all I heard was how they need to get rid of Reid and McNabb is done, and you are totally right the Eagles needed EVERYTHING to go their way to get into the playoffs and when they controlled their own destiny they failed. HONESTLY, I think vegas put this line up because they know the public likes to bet FAVS and they are hopin that JOE PUBLIC backs the eagles. I mean jesus christ when they needed to win a game to get into the playoffs they put up 3pts against the redskins. The EAGLES are a fraud.

You are wrong here, vegas doesent do that, you are giving them too much credit.

the game will be on teh field, its not controlled by some vegas linesmaker lol who knows who willl win and set a trap line. FYI there are no trap lines, that just confuses bettors more.

Zona will win because they win on the field.

Just watched the replay of the Thanksgiving debacle, and I saw a few things that have me liking Arizona a bit more tomorrow.

1 - It was the Brian Westbrook show. Eagles spread them out, and ran it down their throat. I don't think he is healthy enough to repeat that effort, and I don't think Buckhalter comes close to being a viable replacement. Arizona spent the 1st qtr playing nickel, then adjusted.

2- Everything McNabb has been completing has been 15 yards and in. That task will be much more difficult if the Birds can't run it.

3- Eagles did not blitz Warner much, but they got pressure with their front, mostly in the A gap. I think a rb that is good at picking up that pressure will be a big help here, and his name is Edge. So now what does Johhson do, blitz? God I hope so, Warner will eat them alive.

4- Warner made some bad decisions, and the Cards dropped a lot of balls, totally out of character for this team. They also dug themselves a 21-0 hole, and played it fairly even after that. They must get out to a good start tomorrow, but I like their chances.

Last edited:
The plays -

2 units each
Arizona +3.5
Pittsburgh -6

1 unit
Arizona ML +172

1.2 to win 1 teaser
Pitt pk & Arizona +9.5

1 unit to win 4 reverses
Pitt -6 & Over 34
Arizona +3.5 & Under 47
Pitt -6 & Arizona +3.5

Good luck guys.

Good points 3rd. Im not an Eagles fan and I really dont like Reid at all.

Im on Philly ML because of their defense and the fact that the Cards dont have one. One game to keep in mind here, is the game between Pitt and Philly early in the season. If there is a rematch, the line will be decided by how much these two teams win by today. If the Ravens upset, theyll be favored. If Zona upsets they will be the dog. Knowing that - I cant see Zona getting there, but who really knows? Its probably going to come down to turnovers.

i like both plays and would love to see an ari (steelers west) vs. steelers superbowl!!!!

a turnpike superbowl wouldn't be too bad either.... <label for="rb_iconid_12">
icon12.gif
</label>

GL today 3rd... :shake:

Thanks fellas, hope you all kill it today.

Added another unit on Pitt -6 ev, booking a friend's action.

You are wrong here, vegas doesent do that, you are giving them too much credit.

the game will be on teh field, its not controlled by some vegas linesmaker lol who knows who willl win and set a trap line. FYI there are no trap lines, that just confuses bettors more.

Zona will win because they win on the field.

I could be wrong sammy, just My Opinion. Either way enjoy the games bro

My reply to an Eagles fan --

I don't hate them, but I think the offense is a joke. Same shit every year, get a puny but highly skilled RB to carry 70% of the load on offense, don't bring in a quality WR, same shitty play calling, count on your defense to win the games, head case, controversial ass clown at QB. I'm tired of hearing it. Half of the fuckers in here chanting E-A-G-L-E-S were the same guys less than two months ago calling for Kolb and wanting Fat Andy fired.
I've seen this show before, here comes the championship choke job to a team there is no way they can lose to (remember Tampa Bay not being able to win in the cold at the Linc, St Louis with none other than Kurt Warner, Carolina ?) And those Eagle teams were WAY better than the one taking the field Sunday, that's a fact. The only time they managed to get in they had a stud at WR, they don't have that guy now.
I think the way they got into the playoffs was a fraud, I think their last two wins were marginal at best, and I think they go down to the Cardinals in the desert this weekend. It's nothing personal, I'm just not willing to back a team that snuck in the back door. San Diego took the same road, and then got smacked in the mouth. Take all the shots you want at Arizona, but they were already in the postseason when they had their late season swoon, the Birds shit all over themselves when they needed to win at Washington to stay in the race. For Christs sake, they needed Oakland to upset Tampa Bay or we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Can they win Sunday? Sure. But if they don't come to play on both sides of the ball this weekend, they are going home, again. Sad part is, all the Eagles fans will be left with again are a bunch of what ifs and the same guys at the helm next season. Odds that they kick Dawkins to the curb in the offseason? Off the board, you know they will. I got tired of swallowing the same shit menu they were feeding me, I've moved on.

I can already hear Cataldi whining like a little bitch on Monday morning. Makes me ashamed to be Italian.
Peace_5.gif

Let the exodus begin.

Back